IGNORED

Jaguar VR & Missile Command 3D Source Code

BitJag

• 2 months later...

Coming back around these parts again after stumbling upon some other things. Anyone here with the willingness, know how and ability to wrap their head around the info below to create a quick and dirty (maybe Visual Basic?) joystick emulation program for bank switching to swing test values of x, y z from the program/script to the 2nd controller port for Virtual Jaguar using the outlined information from the Jag tech ref manual below?

The idea is to get a better understanding of what values work or don't so it can be made to work with an Oculus Rift and/or Sony PSVR with possible hardware interface on real Jaguar hardware at some point in the future (or I suppose if the software emulation script works, it could even be done with Virtual Jaguar as the virtual controller interface as well and may actually end up being the preferred way to use it):

HMD2.thumb.JPG.bf558950c311e8afa0a7fb33d83af87e.JPGHMD3.thumb.JPG.b7804c7122672d92ce8f2228b8609d7e.JPG

HMD1.JPG

Edited by Clint Thompson
  • Like 2

• 1 month later...

Found this thread today and wanted to share the following story, similar to what you trying to achieve.

Not sure if you're aware but last year a Sega VR game was uncovered and "fixed" to make it run on a HTC Vive.

https://gamehistory.org/segavr/

P.S. Jag owner from 1998 and frequent visitor to another forum back then. My my, how time flies.

God speed on all your Jag endeavors

• Like 2

On 1/5/2021 at 12:53 AM, je_sol said:

Found this thread today and wanted to share the following story, similar to what you trying to achieve.

Not sure if you're aware but last year a Sega VR game was uncovered and "fixed" to make it run on a HTC Vive.

https://gamehistory.org/segavr/

P.S. Jag owner from 1998 and frequent visitor to another forum back then. My my, how time flies.

God speed on all your Jag endeavors

Cool to watch, thanks. That headset is so Judge Dredd looking lol

• 2 years later...
On 11/8/2016 at 12:18 PM, Clint Thompson said:

I'm a little late to this thread but I've got the diagram. Though you're right, there isn't enough detailed information about the JagVR and how it works, what makes it such a special piece of kit for its time and that it's not just some gimmicky VR headset trying to be pushed to market for a quick buck. People are always so quick to say the tech wasn't there or ready and that's easy to assume considering what actually was available and made it to market, but from the VR side of things, they really had it down. Sure, it wasn't stereoscopic and the resolution is low but for a true first generation consumer VR headset, it's amazing. The guys at Virtuality really knew there shit and then some. They took what technology available to them at the time and really pushed it as far as it could go!

Here's the diagram and instructions I received directly from Virtuality below. I'll post more detail into how it all works and the innards of the IR receivers, etc in a little while.

post-985-0-57955400-1478625044_thumb.jpg

post-985-0-96459500-1478625050_thumb.jpg

I concur. I got to use the JagVR for about 30 minutes at E3 95. For the day it was pretty mind blowing. Virtuality also had two units of their commercial games on the floor in elevated kiosks, it was an amazing booth. 

Would it be possible to reach out to any of the virtuality guys?  I saw they collaborated in a YouTube video a couple years ago. 

• Like 2