IGNORED

Any NES Power Pak equivalents that will work with the Retron 5?

Link6415

Yes as Austin mentioned it is simply not possible. Because of the way Retron 5 works ("dumping " the ROM to emulator) and yes there is a way using patches to load from SDcard but it is hardly ideal. This is why I prefer my RetroTrio console, though it does not play as many platforms it does play Snes / Nes / Genesis really well AND is Everdrive / Powerpak compatible.

Yes as Austin mentioned it is simply not possible. Because of the way Retron 5 works ("dumping " the ROM to emulator) and yes there is a way using patches to load from SDcard but it is hardly ideal. This is why I prefer my RetroTrio console, though it does not play as many platforms it does play Snes / Nes / Genesis really well AND is Everdrive / Powerpak compatible.

Not to contradict anything, but just to mention -- I have a SuperRetroTrio and while it will load my NES Everdrive (N8), but it won't save state and may have trouble with Castlevania III. I got it with the idea of a "triple flash cart console", but since there were some functions that wouldn't work, I made the jump to original hardware. I can't remember, but I think my Mega Everdrive might've had some similar issues with the SR3? Just wanted to put it out there that not all RetroTrios are made the same...

Edited by mikey.shake

Not to contradict anything, but just to mention -- I have a SuperRetroTrio and while it will load my NES Everdrive (N8), but it won't save state and may have trouble with Castlevania III. I got it with the idea of a "triple flash cart console", but since there were some functions that wouldn't work, I made the jump to original hardware. I can't remember, but I think my Mega Everdrive might've had some similar issues with the SR3? Just wanted to put it out there that not all RetroTrios are made the same...

It's not a Super Retro Trio thing. Not even on original hardware will everything work via a flash cart. Incompatibility is something that comes with flash cart territory. Of course, you can make it worse by using a clone system.

Guys, the Retron 5 IS an Everdrive/Powerpack. Just copy the contents of the Everdrive SD card inside the Retron5's SD card and it picks them up fine.

You can dump one game from cart to figure out the right path. It does not require any patches in my experience.

Edited by Newsdee