IGNORED

Strangest XBOX 360 games

Nebulon

What are the strangest or most unusual XBOX 360 games you've seen? (in particular, I'm thinking of ones in the retail shelf packaging -- as opposed to non-packaged downloadable games).

e.g.) games with unusual interfaces, themes, genres, ...

What did you think of them?

Note: They don't have to be platform exclusive. If it exists on other systems, that's fine too.

Edited by Nebulon

• 5 months later...

Well it's an old post, I'm surprised it didn't get responses. 360 has some pretty strange games IMO.

I'll mention Catherine.

Very interesting game, I have the Love is Over Deluxe Edition which came in a pizza box!

catherine_loveover_edition_display_ps3.j

• Like 3

• 2 weeks later...

You are in the movies .. for the Kinect. Odd game. It is a shame that the online functionality is dead.

I have that game. Very different and fun. Trying to recall the online functions of the game. Could you upload or share your movies at one time?

• 2 weeks later...

I'm not sure if anyone else would classify this as "strange"..but I certainly did the first time I played it on the 360:

Bioshock

Perhaps it's the content and the way things are presented, but the Splicers certainly qualify this game as "strange", in my opinion. And the way some scenes play out? Priceless. Scared the Bejesus out of me, too.

Spec Ops: The Lines starts off like your traditional military shooter... but then gets all Apocalypse Now/Jacob's Ladder with it's themes and subject matter.

I'm glad you mentioned that since I picked it up a while back. And though I like military shooters, the idea that it goes all surreal is definitely a motivator for me to hurry up and load that puppy. So far it's been sitting on a stack -- awaiting its turn.

• 1 month later...

I've been buying up a bunch of weird hidden gems on the Xbox 360 here of late, as they are dirt cheap and some are getting the backwards compatible treatment.

I just started to play Killer is Dead, which is another trippy Suda 51/Grasshopper hyper action adventure game and similar in gameplay and style to Killer 7 and No More Heroes.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zKRmZdBN-g0

I've also picked up the following games, but they are on the backlog list:

Catherine - Dating sim, puzzle/adventure game.

Operation Darkness - World War II turned based strategy game with zombies and vampires.

Lollipop Chainsaw - Trippy Suda 51/Grasshopper hyper action adventure game.

Onechanbara Bikini Samurai Squad - Hyper action adventure game with bikini clad samurai hotties.

Otomedius Excellent- 2D side scrolling Gradius style shooter with scantly clad women ridding on the backs of futuristic jet fighters.

Shadows of the Damned - Trippy Suda 51/Grasshopper hyper action adventure game.

Back when the Xbox 360 was current gen, I played and finished:

Clive Barker's Jericho - An FPS with a little of the occult, religion, S&M, sex and horror (typical Clive Barker!); set at an archaeological dig site in the middle east in the near future. Excellent FPS gameplay and a trippy story. One of my hidden gems. The sniper rifle in this game is soooo satisfying. :-)

Rise of Nightmares - A Sega kinect game that is somewhat similar to The House of the Dead series, but with a little creepier and more serious tone. I really enjoyed this game and it hearkens back to the Saturn, Dreamcast and early Xbox days of Sega, if you enjoyed that era of Sega.

Edited by Major Havoc 2049
  • Like 2

• 2 months later...

Deadly Premonition is the weirdest but greatest game ever. It's the only game that I ever played that I cared about the characters.

The fact that it is also Twin Peaks in vidgame form adds to its appeal. It also has a very fascinating development history and worth checking out. I have played through the X360 version, the PS3 Director's Cut version, and the PS3 import version (Red Seeds Profile).

• 3 weeks later...

Surprised that Star Wars DANCE w/Kinect hasn't come up yet! Han Solo dancing?!

...you can't unsee that icon_wink.gif

Your right, I can't. Now I'm scarred for life!icon_biggrinwink.gif

Although it wouldn't be so bad if the models weren't SO bad, its like the game markers have never seen a person dance/move before.

But maybe they move at 10 fps because people have follow along? If somebody took out ever other frame from the Napoleon Dynamite dance scene, it would look like that.

The worst part is he's not even solo dancing!

Edited by H454

• 2 weeks later...

How about the Toyota Yaris video game?

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Yaris_(video_game)

You can play as THREE different models of Yaris!

The reviews mostly say the free game wasn't worth time to download.icon_lol.gif

breakpack and I would play this game back in the day.

Wasn't a great game, but we had some fun with it for a little while anyways.

breakpack and I would play this game back in the day.

Wasn't a great game, but we had some fun with it for a little while anyways.

Played it the other day, it was ok - not bad at all (still have it saved in the depths of my 360). I liked the Burger King Pocket bike racer too. That was a fun multiplayer - a little like a cheap Mario Kart.

I seem to remember a Doritos game too, that you play as a T-Rex - eating Doritos?

Most of the "Corporate Sponsor" games are pretty weird in general.

Edited by H454

• 2 weeks later...

How about the Toyota Yaris video game?

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Yaris_(video_game)

You can play as THREE different models of Yaris!

The reviews mostly say the free game wasn't worth time to download.icon_lol.gif

Sounds like it's playable if you're playing with someone else, but this is the one digital game I have that I deleted. Not worth the hard drive space it takes if you're playing it solo. It doesn't even have achievement mining as an excuse for those so inclined. I suffered for 15 minutes playing it once and didn't even get one achievement.

It was so bad that I think I even deleted it from my game history when MS offered that functionality years ago (At one time, I think XBLA demos even would appear, so they finally let you delete games that you earned no achievements on).

The other freebies though have been worthwhile. I liked those two Dorito Crash Course obstacle course games, and regret not buying the DLC for the second one before it was delisted. Not too many people seemed to like those, but I loved them.

Very satisfying to 100% difficult levels after a lot of failed attempts, if you like challenging platformers. Competent and underrated games, in my opinion.

Edited by Atariboy

It doesn't even have achievement mining as an excuse for those so inclined. I suffered for 15 minutes playing it once and didn't even get one achievement.

It does actually!

I've got a handful of them...

Tentacled and Dangerous
Won a multiplayer ranked match!
Unlocked 3/14/2008
Arachnosplat!
Defeated the Giant Spider!
Unlocked 3/13/2008
Lead Foot Jr.
Completed a course in under 3 minutes.
Unlocked 3/13/2008
Plays Well with Others
Played a multiplayer game online.
Unlocked 11/7/2007
Money Bags
Collected 1000 coins.
Unlocked 11/7/2007
EDIT: Oh wait NM, I see what you ment. Achievement mining, like you mean super easy achievements where a person will play through the game just to get them. I know one thing, this thread has made we want to play Yaris again! LOL
  • Like 1