IGNORED

SoulStar, interest and pricing poll.

neo_rg

SoulStar. Interest & pricing poll.  

181 members have voted

1. 1. How much?

• Please sign in to vote in this poll.

Just looking to see what interest there would be in a finished version of SoulStar. Professionally glass mastered and screen printed, with a professionally printed case and leaflet. I know there are a lot of people who have the 'broken' version and paid $$$ for it, whilst others have downloaded and burnt the ISO for free. How much would you be happy paying?

• Like 8

I'd be happy paying between $80-$100 each for 3 copies. I don't want to set a standard for others but it's worth at least that much to me.

With the glass mastering, screen printing, pro case and leaflet, I don't see how it could go for much less, personally.

Edit: But keeping it at £40 ($51.91) wouldn't hurt my feelings, either :P

• Like 3

So, will I. Had no idea this version would ever see the light of day, so very happy to hear this and glad to pay a premium for it.

Thanks for considering or full on releasing it. Having it in the library is almost impossible to comprehend.

Is your version encrypted by chance?

• Like 1

I would love a fixed version to see the light of day. For the record, my touchpad glitched when I placed my vote and registered £40 but I would gladly pay more for a glass mastered, packaged version. Something in line with the Songbird pricing ($59-$79) would be more than acceptable.

And thank you for considering a release of the this version!

Edited by atariLBC
  • Like 2

With the glass mastering, screen printing, pro case and leaflet, I don't see how it could go for much less, personally.

The cost for this, at least with the prices I've been quoted here in Australia, are typically much less than one might have otherwise imagined. And that's for the full package - CD, printing on the CD, packaging, and printing of an insert. Granted, I don't know if there are any specific issues with Jaguar CDs these days (way back in the day I know Telegames had issues making IS2 work).

That aside, I'd happily pay in the £30 to £40 range (although I stupidly clicked on £20 because it's late here and I'm tired and I can't go back and fix it now :woozy: ) because, as mentioned, there looks to have been a lot of time and money put into this to make it work properly. The proper glass mastered discs and proper packaging are the icing on the cake :)

Edited by skip
  • Like 1

They used to turn up on eBay with regularity. Mostly around the $30 to $40 region, a couple of places also sold copies, good deal games being one place iirc. I'm trying to balance out what people were willing to pay for a broken cdr with getting it for free on various download sites. There will always be a small price premium for a completed product, but I'm not out to get rich or rip people off, just cover my costs and have a drink out of it.

• Like 5

They used to turn up on eBay with regularity. Mostly around the $30 to $40 region, a couple of places also sold copies, good deal games being one place iirc. I'm trying to balance out what people were willing to pay for a broken cdr with getting it for free on various download sites. There will always be a small price premium for a completed product, but I'm not out to get rich or rip people off, just cover my costs and have a drink out of it.

That's very noble because in my opinion, a finished SoulStar complete with professional packaging is worth quite a lot more than your highest price listed. This would be one of my favorite games. Nothing will be better than my WTR, but this would be right up there. I have the broken version and I am so excited to play a corrected version.

Edited by JaguarGod
  • Like 2

Hey Neo, great to see this. First I almost ignored the thread because I thought that it would be just one of those hypothetical questions but then I saw it was you. I have been waiting for this game for years and I thought a release would have been buried so very glad to see you asking this question. I voted 30 because that would be an amount of money which I would not mind paying for this game easily. But as someone else wrote before me I also would pay more if that was the price. After all this years a proper release with the clean version would be just awesome. Thank you for sticking with this.

• Like 1

There has been some murmuring from a few, let's say people on the outskirts of the scene about double standards and ip rights and so forth. I'm quite happy to answer that with this ... Please feel free to tell who you need to, inform the internet police. I could quite easily sit on this for a few more years, infact I have because of said outcasts. It will get a release, if you don't like it don't buy it. Sit there and play the broken version. You're not doing anyone any favours.

• Like 7

That's very noble because in my opinion, a finished SoulStar complete with professional packaging is worth quite a lot more than your highest price listed. This would be one of my favorite games. Nothing will be better than my WTR, but this would be right up there. I have the broken version and I am so excited to play a corrected version.

hey,can i say my favorite jaguar game and my personal reason to have the system?

I've been asked if all the levels are playable and free from graphical corruption. They are, I did a series of YouTube videos some years back, and they are here..

Atari Jaguar SoulStar beta playthroughs: https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLA8FE90A824E954E2

There are other videos on different playlists showing the mission overviews and some cut scenes.

• Like 3