IGNORED

SoulStar, interest and pricing poll.

neo_rg

SoulStar. Interest & pricing poll.  

181 members have voted

1. 1. How much?

• Please sign in to vote in this poll.

I've been asked if all the levels are playable and free from graphical corruption. They are, I did a series of YouTube videos some years back, and they are here..

Atari Jaguar SoulStar beta playthroughs: https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLA8FE90A824E954E2

There are other videos on different playlists showing the mission overviews and some cut scenes.

Looks like Invincibility, Infinite Missiles and stop timer (on the warpship) are enabled. Are these enabled from within the game or hacks?

I hacked these into the Sega CD version and LOVE it! If it's hacked and not coming with the release, can you post the edits?

Anyway, great videos! :cool: :cool:

Edit: Ok, so maybe not infinite missiles..

Would love to play fixed version of Soulstar but as i am not rich , the cheapest the better: i don't need a box for example as any way the Cd will end in a DVD box because it is the most convenient storage i found for all my CD and empty boxes are userless to me except taking the dust on a shelf

I've looked into having a box made but decided against it, the norm now seems to be for DVD style cases.

@SuperDork3000

I've been unable to determine if this is either an earlier or later build than the 'broken' version, there are differences between them. I only fixed 1 level to make it 100% playable.

Looks like Invincibility, Infinite Missiles and stop timer (on the warpship) are enabled. Are these enabled from within the game or hacks?

I hacked these into the Sega CD version and LOVE it! If it's hacked and not coming with the release, can you post the edits?

Anyway, great videos! :cool: :cool:

Edit: Ok, so maybe not infinite missiles..

post-11520-0-54207700-1475565155_thumb.png

• Like 6

I there was me thinking I could get away with what looked like super skilled gameplay.

My original post said that you must be the greatest gamer of all time barely dodging some of those shots but with a closer look I could tell a few were going right through the ship. Looked too similar to what I had hacked on the Sega CD version. Were you able to eliminate shots from above on the 3D stages? I could only reduce the damage but not take the hits from them out completely.

Great stuff!

Edit: Also, I had separate hacks for infinite missiles, invincibility, bombs, etc. on the regular and 360 levels. In the warpship video it looks like homing missiles are depleting. Do you have hacks for this? Just curious as it would save me the trouble later on lol

I've looked into having a box made but decided against it, the norm now seems to be for DVD style cases.

@SuperDork3000

I've been unable to determine if this is either an earlier or later build than the 'broken' version, there are differences between them. I only fixed 1 level to make it 100% playable.

i could do a box for it for free,though i'm busy with other projects.

@SuperDork3000

So you only fixed 1 level...I vote £20 j/k :)

I'd gladly spend more than £30 if you tweaked a few more things, like frame rates or adding a new soundtrack to the game, ect.