IGNORED

SoulStar, interest and pricing poll.

neo_rg

SoulStar. Interest & pricing poll.  

181 members have voted

1. 1. How much?

• Please sign in to vote in this poll.

Soulstar is is favorite Sega CD game. Would be excellent to have a complete version for the Jag. I have that 1 level partial version and it's still awesome!

Same. This game would make a great addition to the Jaguars library. Really solid game-play and would be pretty unique look on the platform.

Thank you for your response. I assume you are being asked this a lot: But can you give us any status? Like "its 7/8/90%" done or which issues need to be fixed or if there is any timeframe? This is one of the games that almost made me buy a SegaCD back then - and I opted for the Jag.

Somewhere in the 90% range.

The code has been patched extensively, the loader has been reworked, the corrupted data has been repaired, the stream errors in the videos have been patched out, trainers have been added and it will play 100% all the way to the end, regardless of which path you take.

It needs spot work on the video frames to clean them up, and it needs reworking to get into a release ready state.

As Neo-RG said, it isn't his top priority, and it isn't mine either. It will get there, but no time frames on it.

I will say one thing though, there is not a fully working version online elsewhere, and anyone claiming to have one are not being honest and just aiming for your wallet. The code was broken, unfinished and needed fixing. There is no way anyone out there has a fully working copy, despite how many baseless claims they will make to the contrary, so don't waste your cash on them.

• Like 11

Somewhere in the 90% range.

The code has been patched extensively, the loader has been reworked, the corrupted data has been repaired, the stream errors in the videos have been patched out, trainers have been added and it will play 100% all the way to the end, regardless of which path you take.

It needs spot work on the video frames to clean them up, and it needs reworking to get into a release ready state.

As Neo-RG said, it isn't his top priority, and it isn't mine either. It will get there, but no time frames on it.

I will say one thing though, there is not a fully working version online elsewhere, and anyone claiming to have one are not being honest and just aiming for your wallet. The code was broken, unfinished and needed fixing. There is no way anyone out there has a fully working copy, despite how many baseless claims they will make to the contrary, so don't waste your cash on them.

You know, if this was from WAVE-1 Games, it would have been released a long time ago already...

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

• 2 weeks later...

CJ and neo_rg, thanks a ton for keeping this project alive.

When I started my thread about hope for new A+ Jag games, this is what I was talking about. Even better, this is an A++++++++++++++ game.

I know you can't predict a release date, but please give us this essential information: is it going to be cart or CD?

If cart, consider me in the buyers list on day 1, no matter when you'll release it.

• 6 months later...
3 hours ago, steve-vx said:

Yeah, I hope it will. Hopefully in my lifetime... we Jag lovers are... what´s our average age btw? Did anybody ever analyze this

44.5 here - probably old because I started with an 8-bit Atari 400 in 1982 :)  Bought the Jag in 94 and I think I had the CD by early 95.

• Like 1

• 2 months later...