neo_rg

SoulStar, interest and pricing poll.

SoulStar. Interest & pricing poll.  

172 members have voted

1. 1. How much?

Actually, there's nothing wrong with purchasing the CD then ripping it for use on your own Jag SD, I guess.

I'm not likely to purchase a Jag cd ever again.

• Like 1

It will be encrypted, but atm it's pure data files burnt to a CD and accessed via a boot CD.

Releasing it on CD would great, and I definitely would buy a copy. I am sure many people would buy it on CD. Short of the Jaguar SD cart the CD is the only option for this game due to its size.

I am one that has the broken version burned on a CD. I love the game it's excellent until you can't play anymore. I lived the Sega CD version and would love to have a finished version of this!

Edited by UHATEIT
  • Like 1

Yeah, the way neo_rg left a cliff hanger looked like a finished game (on cart, YAY !!!!!!!!) was very close to be released.

I mean, very, very close! (unless I'm reading too much into this)

Seriously, I don't even have my Jag console yet and I 100% want this game! haha

:D :D :D

Yeah, the way neo_rg left a cliff hanger looked like a finished game (on cart, YAY !!!!!!!!) was very close to be released.

This is not a cart game.

I know, the finished, released game is CD (Sega CD), but unless I'm reading too much, read what neo_rg said before going silence.

It looks like effort was taking place to release it on cart (which personally I prefer by a mile).

Stuff is still going on in the background, don't worry. Can't say too much, but it may not be a CD or CD only release.

Smells like a cart to me.

Well..Core Design’s Andrew Smith did say at the time whilst fitting the 21 levels and over 6 mins of FMV onto a cartridge would prove difficult, Core could do a good version of the game on cartridge if Atari gave them the go ahead.

So the concept is feasible.

Has there been any activity on Soul Star for the Jag lately? Or is it canned... for the next 2 decades?

The "nobody wants shitty 16 bit ports" campaign on JS3 killed all interest ;)

• Like 3

Work continues on it.. periodically tho, as other things I'm working on have a shorter development timeframe and I want them out of the door asap.

• Like 6

Thank you for your response. I assume you are being asked this a lot: But can you give us any status? Like "its 7/8/90%" done or which issues need to be fixed or if there is any timeframe? This is one of the games that almost made me buy a SegaCD back then - and I opted for the Jag.