IGNORED

ADAM Instruction Manuals & software

dmcdream

Hi folks,

I hope you are all keeping well. :)

I was wondering if anyone could help me source the instruction manual and software, for the following ADAM accessories:

• ADAM 5 ¼” Disk Drive
  • ADAMLink Modem. I have a DDP for it, however I don't have an instruction manual.

If I could even get copies of the software/manuals (i.e. PDF versions) that would be a great help!

If anyone can offer any assistance, I'd be very grateful.

PS - Do you know anything about the ADAM 'AutoDialer' device?

Hi folks,

I hope you are all keeping well. :)

I was wondering if anyone could help me source the instruction manual and software, for the following ADAM accessories:

• ADAM 5 ¼” Disk Drive
  • ADAMLink Modem. I have a DDP for it, however I don't have an instruction manual.

If I could even get copies of the software/manuals (i.e. PDF versions) that would be a great help!

If anyone can offer any assistance, I'd be very grateful.

PS - Do you know anything about the ADAM 'AutoDialer' device?

Disk drive and modem manuals, no problem. Disk drive has no software to make it work, although it came with a disk manager program. That can easily be put into ADAMemulator, at which time you would need to convert it back via a dosbox with 5.25" drive into ADAM format. Could also do the same with the AutoDialer

Sorry that I haven't responded to your PM, been real busy, so I'll respond here so that others can benefit as well.

The Disk Drive, ADAMLink Modem and AutoDialer manuals really don't contain much that you will miss aside from how to connect these hardware items to the ADAM... and that is very straight forward for all the devices. The instructions are more geared to using the software that came with these items.

- If you have one Disk Drive, connect the ADAMnet Cable (looks like a phone cord) to the left side ADAMnet port of the Memory Console and the INPUT jack on the back of the Disk Drive, set the Disk Drive # switch to #1, plug in the power cord and you are good. If you have a second Disk Drive, connect an ADAMnet Cable to the OUTPUT jack of Disk Drive #1 and then the INPUT jack of Disk Drive #2, set the Disk Drive # switch to #2 and plug in the power cord. Turn on the Disk Drive(s) before turning on the ADAM's power supply so that it is recognized... if you do not do so and turn on the Disk Drive after the ADAM, you will have to press the Computer Reset switch for the ADAM to recognize it. The Disk Manager software that was included is pretty useless aside from formatting disks. You can use it to copy DATA files as well as make a backup Disk Manager disk, but all of these functions can be done with a much better program... File Manager v3.0 by AJM Software.

- The ADAMLink Modem installs internally in Expansion Slot #1 and can only be installed one way and then the phone cable connects to the modem through the vent. The software is pretty straight forward, especially with the SmartKEY button options. You should acquire ADAMLink V by Tom Clary instead of using the original software supplied by Coleco.

- The AutoDialer installs in the external Expansion Bus on the right side of the Memory Console and a phone cord from the wall outlet plugs into it and then another phone cord out of the AutoDialer to your phone. The instructions mostly cover the Address Book Filer database software that comes with it. The AutoDialer was and is a pretty useless hardware add-on when one considers having to load the Address Book Filer program and then the database to access phone numbers. On a multi-tasking OS where multiple programs could be open, it would be more beneficial, so the AutoDialer really is just a collector's item now.

Contact "adamcon" or "milliv" to see if they have any of these manuals available seeing as PDFs have not been made, although I hope to start working on these and many more in the coming winter months to finish the archiving of CV and ADAM stuff that I started many years ago.

Edited by NIAD

• 4 weeks later...