IGNORED

List of Paddle Games for 2600?

Everett1954

All the reviews of Playstation VR coming out today remind me of the VCS paddle games. They're neat, there's nothing else quite like them, but it's such a drag to hook up the lesser-used controllers, I hate to bother with setting them up.

I guess the difference is that the Atari came with the paddles, but Playstation VR costs an additional four to five hundred dollars. That would be $188 in 1981 dollars. :-D

All the reviews of Playstation VR coming out today remind me of the VCS paddle games. They're neat, there's nothing else quite like them, but it's such a drag to hook up the lesser-used controllers, I hate to bother with setting them up.

That brought back memories of when I first binge-played an Atari 2600 at the house of one of my mom's friends. I tried to avoid Paddle and Keyboard games because I didn't want to switch controllers.

That brought back memories of when I first binge-played an Atari 2600 at the house of one of my mom's friends. I tried to avoid Paddle and Keyboard games because I didn't want to switch controllers.

Along these lines I've been thinking that some great and simple hacks would be to adapt the various paddle games to read paddle input from the RIGHT controller port, so I could just leave a joystick in the left and play paddle games off the Harmony cart whenever. .. I thought I remembered being able to navigate Harmony menus and make selections with the paddles in the past but more recently I found it impossible. Either way the joystick is definitely easier for the menus and it would be great to be able to leave both controllers connected all the time.

• Like 1

Along these lines I've been thinking that some great and simple hacks would be to adapt the various paddle games to read paddle input from the RIGHT controller port, so I could just leave a joystick in the left and play paddle games off the Harmony cart whenever. .. I thought I remembered being able to navigate Harmony menus and make selections with the paddles in the past but more recently I found it impossible. Either way the joystick is definitely easier for the menus and it would be great to be able to leave both controllers connected all the time.

I'm still hoping someone can make or hack Night Driver using the paddles for steering and the joystick for gear shifting.

Or maybe have some kind of a switch box where both a joystick and paddle controller are plugged into this box, and the box plugs into the controller port. So, depending on the game you can slide the switch to the appropriate controller.

Or maybe have some kind of a switch box where both a joystick and paddle controller are plugged into this box, and the box plugs into the controller port. So, depending on the game you can slide the switch to the appropriate controller.

Not sure if this is what you are looking for, but you can find my solution in the thread below. Not the best looking and definitely added to wire clutter, but it worked:

http://atariage.com/forums/topic/227094-2600-joystick-extension-cables-compatible-with-7800-joypads