IGNORED

Atari 2600 with 128 games built-in

Jason85

Recently found my childhood Atari 2600 with 128 games built-in I don't know if this console is common or not but I haven't been able to find much out about it.

gallery_48086_1750_4590955.jpg

gallery_48086_1750_2821676.jpg

Still have the owners manual warranty card and games list in the box.

gallery_48086_1750_307902.jpg

gallery_48086_1750_2627188.jpg

Also a few other games I have.

gallery_48086_1750_3662308.jpg

• Like 1

It looks like one listed in the AA archives : https://atariage.com/2600/archives/consoles.html

It's the 128-in-1 System. It reads "This is a 128-in-1 system from Australia. This may be an officially licensed product."

There are a lot of titles in there with the names that pirate companies would use. So, my guess is that it is a real Junior but a pirate company added in 128 games and the sticker.

• Like 1

• 3 years later...

Hi all, sorry to revive such an old thread.

A friend of mine is moving overseas and selling just about everything she owns. Amongst the things that are going on the market is one of these 2600s with built in games. I assume it's genuine as the PCB has Atari printed on it.

It's slightly worse for wear but it seems to work fine. Before this gets flogged off for cheap I just wanted to make sure she didn't have some rarity.

Are these worth anything?

Cheers,

StolleMan

20200714_071610.jpg

20200712_192138.jpg

20200713_171017.jpg

Thanks for the response. It's a pretty cool console having games built in, I already have a 4 switch Vader but I think i may keep it. I've been charged with selling her entire collection, she will accept anything I can get but i wouldn't want to take advantage. How much do you think I should give her for it?

Cheers,

StolleMan

On 7/13/2020 at 11:57 PM, StolleMan said:

Hi all, sorry to revive such an old thread.

A friend of mine is moving overseas and selling just about everything she owns. Amongst the things that are going on the market is one of these 2600s with built in games. I assume it's genuine as the PCB has Atari printed on it.

It's slightly worse for wear but it seems to work fine. Before this gets flogged off for cheap I just wanted to make sure she didn't have some rarity.

Are these worth anything?

Cheers,

StolleMan

20200714_071610.jpg

20200712_192138.jpg

20200713_171017.jpg

Does it include 128 games as well?

Looks like mine, only dirty and faded. That VCS needs a lot of TLC

Atari 2600 VCS JR. Asia  incl. 128 games, long rainbow cib (official)

Yep, 128 games. There's a 4 position switch on the back and the black and white / colour switch cycles through the games on each switch setting. I'm guessing there's 4 roms each with 32 games.

Yours is in much better condition, this one has spent a portion of its life out in the elements. Works just fine though.

Apart from the decal its cleaned up quite nicely. Still not sure if I'll keep it. 128 games is cool, but I've already got a Vader and my retro collection is already quite large.

20200715_195534.jpg

20200712_183548.jpg

$50 seems about right.  A couple have sold recently on eBay for more, but then you have the cuts eBay and PayPal take, plus the hassle of mailing it and then praying both the post office and the buyer treats you right.

I'm curious what country you're in and whether this is an NTSC or PAL system.  I'd assume PAL, as I don't think the 128-in-1 was released in any NTSC countries, but the screen-shot for Pac-Man doesn't match PAL or NTSC.  Someone must have played with the game's color palette.