IGNORED

Desert Bus - Official Ordering Thread

freewheel

Is Desert Bus also going to be released in Rom format to use with my LTO Flash and as a backup? Thank you very much.

Not at the moment. I'm planning on holding some endurance contests at some point once a lot of copies have sold, and if people have the ROM, it's much easier to "cheat". Not that I don't trust you guys, but Rev and cmart are expert ROM hackers and are known to cheat in contests. :P

Once all the physical copies have sold and the contests are complete, I absolutely plan on releasing a ROM. I may ask for a nominal fee to bump up the charity monies but you raise a good point about backups - for people who've paid for a physical copy, double-charging is a bit of a dick move. I'll figure things out when we come to that point.

• Like 1

I'll jump on the bandwagon and move up too, please switch me from #42 to #5. See you in Portland.

Since this is the case, I'd like to switch from #75 up to #42 please :)

Choices changed. And for several other people as well. Feel free to point out any mistakes I've made on the order info page. Thanks to everyone for being patient as I slowly work my way through the requests - this is the first time I've done this!

Only 2 "premium" copies left! Thanks to everyone who's expressed interest so far, in any capacity. We're almost a quarter of the way to our goal of bankrupting cmart.

Put me in for a special edition top ten copy as well, great charitable idea here! :)

Oops, too late! Glad to see everyone jumping all over this great happening! :thumbsup:

You're not too late! #9 and #10 are still up for grabs.

Incidentally, for the folks that have requested "no special serial number": trust me, I have a list of you guys as well. I appreciate the flexibility in letting those who want to choose get the first choice of numbers. It matters a lot to some people, and not very much to others (I'm often in the latter group myself). I'll pad out the list with the rest of you guys once people have had a few days to make their picks.

And a quick reminder - although I realized that I may not have explained this very well in the first post (I tried to keep it short, I really did!): the serial number list is on the ordering info page. Feel free to check it out if you want to know if a specific number is still available. I'm trying to update it regularly, at least through the weekend.

A few people have ordered outside of this thread, so it's not always obvious which numbers have been spoken for. Sorry if I've confused anyone. :(

I've just upgraded to one premium copy hoping to cost Cmart something more. But I was wrong! He will only pay $4 for me nonetheless!

People, let's work all together to make him a little poorer!!!!

(my heartfelt thanks to everyone involved, especially Freewheel and Cmart)

Edited by intellivotion

Well, there we go. All of the first 10 are spoken for. I'm waiting confirmation on #10 from someone who needs to check his PMs (I realize it's getting late for people not on the western side of the continent), but I think it'll be taken.

You guys are awesome! Next achievement: bankrupt cmart!

• Like 1

Choices changed. And for several other people as well. Feel free to point out any mistakes I've made on the order info page. Thanks to everyone for being patient as I slowly work my way through the requests - this is the first time I've done this!

Only 2 "premium" copies left! Thanks to everyone who's expressed interest so far, in any capacity. We're almost a quarter of the way to our goal of bankrupting cmart.

Thank you for all your effort! This is fantastic.

Not that I'm jealous, but I can see nanochess on the list (who posted after) but not mine.

Just to be sure that you did not forget me ;-)

Absolutely :)

I figured I'd give the weekend for those folks who care about getting a specific and/or serial number, and then fill in the rest later. You're on a list of about half a dozen people that I'll be adding later today (which means that we are officially past the 1/4 mark towards bankrupting cmart).

How anyone can play a video game for 8 straight hours is beyond me. You better keep a bedpan and refreshments handy!

And because I'm an evil, evil person, I'm going to hold a couple of endurance contests to "encourage" people to play for ridiculously long periods of time. Just working on figuring out prizes. :evil: