IGNORED

Desert Bus - Official Ordering Thread

freewheel

How anyone can play a video game for 8 straight hours is beyond me. You better keep a bedpan and refreshments handy!

There were many Astrosmash marathon playing sessions BITD. But our bladders were much younger back then. Now our eye balls will be floating :woozy:

And to be honest, you just need a couple Intellivisionaries podcasts to fill the time :music:

Absolutely :)

I figured I'd give the weekend for those folks who care about getting a specific and/or serial number, and then fill in the rest later. You're on a list of about half a dozen people that I'll be adding later today (which means that we are officially past the 1/4 mark towards bankrupting cmart).

That makes sense. Thanks for the info.

By the way, very cool that you added 2 bonus games!

By the way, very cool that you added 2 bonus games!

For sure. "Desert Bus", by itself, doesn't really justify a full cart release. So I worked on expanding things. Arctic Bus was originally just DB with white sand, but I've made it a lot more challenging due to the constant ice on the road. One of my testers seemed to really enjoy playing it. To a degree, of course. It's still just driving a bus down a straight, flat road. ;)

Deserter Bus is the "real game" on the cart, in terms of replayability. Especially as it'll save your high scores. I noticed in testing that some people had a hard time scoring very high, while others picked it up right away. It'll be interesting to see just how high people can get. It should get VERY difficult after your score gets high enough. I'm not even sure how difficult, because I can only make it so far myself. I programmed a very simple AI (check out the demo at PRGE!) that can at least get on the high score table every once in a while, so everyone should be able to score decently with a little practice.

And none of this covers the hidden gameplay modes (2) and features (many) that I'm going to let people discover on their own. I jammed a lot of Easter Egg type material in, wherever I could find space. I won't claim that all of it is any GOOD, but I hope people have fun trying to find things. It's hard to keep it Desert Bus for the purists, while still making it interesting enough to spend money on. I hope folks enjoy it.

• Like 3

OK, #10 is still available for anyone who wants the "premium" edition. Which basically gets you bragging rights, plus a little extra something I'm putting together as we speak (and is causing me a few more grey hairs in the process).

Also, if by chance anyone out there has a spare, working console (model doesn't matter), and wants to donate it to "the cause" - please let me know. Something is afoot in terms of bumping the charity monies. Unfortunately I've handed out all my extra consoles over the years and am down to parts systems other than my main development unit :(

I've added everyone who's said "I don't care about the number" and updated the list . Please let me know if I've missed anyone, or (ugh) mis-spelled anyone's name.

I'll soon add some pics of the various materials included in the box (some of it is still in transit). The air fresheners turned out pretty cool, if I do say so myself. :D

• Like 1

Free', I am in homey. Put me down to buy one of whatever serial# makes your life easier.

You beat me with the first Intellivision charityware release by several months, I'm motivated to keep going though until I get it out!

Great news! With the Intybasic Showcase release and likely one other one for charity hopefully coming out soon as well, we Inty peeps are doing some good things. :)
  • Like 4

Done. The site should be up pretty much 7x24, but who knows with hosting providers. And yeah, it was a bit confusing as the #2-10 bounced around a bit over the weekend.

I'll be bringing everyone's copies to PRGE, so no fear - we can all save on postage and hassle that way. Just let me know if you're going (I'm also checking the attendee list from time to time just to make sure).

Guess I should also mention: if you're at PRGE, you'll get your copy then. Everyone else will have to wait - I'll start dealing with money/shipping as soon as I get back from Portland.

• Like 2