IGNORED

Desert Bus - Official Ordering Thread

freewheel

I knew I wasn't crazy ;)

Anyone at PRGE still want a low serialed copy? :)

Wow, I apologize to you and to the other two or three people that I said, "no, I didn't preorder". Sorry about that.

I guess I was out of it more than I realized this weekend, but I have an excuse:

"Honest. I ran out of gas! I had a flat tire! I didn't have enough money for cab fare! My tux didn't come back from the cleaners! An old friend came in from out of town! Someone stole my car! There was an earthquake! A terrible flood! Locusts! It wasn’t my Fault I SWEAR TO GOD!!!"

But really, it started off poorly on Friday.

Left the house at 2:00 AM, this is how my truck looked:

before.jpg

Got a few miles down the road, and realized that if I drove faster than 35MPH, I would get speed wobbles. I wasn't able to stay in one lane. Drove back home at around 2:30 AM or so. I removed the tarps, ropes, etc in my driveway.. in the dark. Hoping my neighbors wouldn't call the cops.

After taking off a bunch of boxes I set out again, was able to do 45mph before the wobbles started again.

At this point I seriously considered this a bad omen, and maybe I should just stay home.

Went back and pulled stuff off again, and left the house at 4:00 AM. This time, and was able to drive no faster then 65-70. Anything faster, or hitting a bump, or a wind gust would cause wobbles, but I was able to make it to the show by 2:30 or so.

This is how the truck looked, when I removed the extra boxes:

after.jpg

And when I got I took a picture of what I had to remove to be able to drive "safely":

left1.jpgleft2.jpg

Once again, I apologize for my brain fart!

• Like 3

Wow, I apologize to you and to the other two or three people that I said, "no, I didn't preorder". Sorry about that.

No need to apologize - you had a TON of stuff on your tables. I didn't even have 1% of the prep work that you did, and I could barely keep track of my brain this weekend. If nothing else, you get to share a story of the craziness of putting together a weekend like this. You should post those pics (and story) in the PRGE thread for people to enjoy.

Let me know if you still want #17, or if it should be released into the pool.

And there we go - as of today, Desert Bus is officially half sold out.

I need to get off my butt and start with the payment & shipping. This weekend at the latest, I promise! Also, there some extra PRGE swag that's going to be available. Keep an eye on this space.

Freewheel, I had to miss the Pet Shop Boys last night. Damn back wont let up. By the way... your Desert Bus air freshener works great as deodorant when in a pinch! :-o

• Like 1

Freewheel, I had to miss the Pet Shop Boys last night. Damn back wont let up. By the way... your Desert Bus air freshener works great as deodorant when in a pinch! :-o

We were planning on using them in an emergency, but the HVAC system at the OCC worked surprisingly well this year. Unlike last year *cough*.

Sucks about PSB. You'll just have to return to Oregon for a bit next year :D

Ordering is now live! You have a couple of options:

1. Visit http://fwgames.ca/desert-bus-ordering/ and order straight from the site.

2. PM me your email address and I can send you a PayPal invoice directly.

#2 might be easier for a lot of people, especially with the reserved serial numbers. PayPal hates Canadians, so they make it very difficult to do things like add a text box to an order, or even let me specify multiple shipping options during checkout. So the interface on my site is a bit clunky right now. But I do want to have it available for non-AA'ers, of which I keep getting orders from. Hopefully when I do this in the future it'll be more streamlined. I will keep very close track of who's ordered what, and make sure that everyone has the correct serial before shipping it out.

BUT WAIT! THERE'S MORE!

There's some leftover PRGE swag, and I'm putting it up for sale as well. A lot of people at PRGE didn't want to shell out the full price for a game they won't/can't play, but they wanted to be part of the charity drive, so I'm extending it to everyone here as well. $5 for an air freshener or set of 3 PRGE exclusive buttons. Add stuff to your game order and there's no extra shipping! Or just be part of the Desert Bus mania! ALL proceeds from these going to the charity as they've already been paid for. NOTE: all copies of the game already include an air freshener, so only order if you want extras. The buttons are a special extra that not many people have.

Orders might get complex depending on what people want, so if it seems difficult, just PM me and we'll handle it by invoice. The manufacturing line begins today, so orders will begin shipping on Monday.

Send questions/concerns/complaints my way, here or via PM. This is my first time doing this and I have no idea if I'm making things easier, more confusing, or what :D

post-39446-0-67510000-1477764246_thumb.jpg

post-39446-0-25189400-1477764247_thumb.jpg

post-39446-0-88824300-1477764654_thumb.jpg

• Like 2