IGNORED

Desert Bus - Official Ordering Thread

freewheel

• 5 weeks later...

OK kids, in honor of the 1st anniversary of Desert Bus being released, and just in time for PRGE: I'm releasing INTV Desert Bus for sale in ROM form. I've also included a couple more just for kicks. pINg is free as it's really just a half-working beta at best. GoatNom is also available for sale for those that didn't get a chance to pick up the IntyBASIC Showcase - although I HIGHLY recommend getting that, as I truly believe that the other 2 games are even more fun!

For the record: as always, all proceeds from INTVDB are going to charity. Any pennies I managed to scrape together from any other sales/donations will be going to support the stupid amount of stuff I've picked up in the past few years, to develop and test with. I'm doing this for fun, not profit, lemme tell ya. :D

Page is basic, but functional: FW Games ROMs

• Like 5

Bleh, I meant to do this last night. At long last, due to unpopular undemand, are the cheat codes for INTVDB. At the main title screen, enter these numbers in sequence from either keypad. If you've entered a code successfully, you'll notice the @ symbol change color. Only one code can be used at a time

2-4-3-2-8 - Ultra-fast driving move. Watch the miles melt away! Everyone can experience a complete Tucson-to-Vegas drive in only minutes!

4-2-5-7-9 - Gallery mode. Press left and right to look at the various graphics in the game. Press 1-5 to change the music.

2-7-2-9-9 - Special secret "Crazy Bus" mode. Enhanced for Intellivoice!

3-5-2-7-4 - If you ever want to reset your saved Deserter Bus high scores, this is how you do it. Be careful, because this is permanent. You've been warned :)

And I think I've mentioned this before, but if you press 8 at the mode select screen, the arrow will change. Desert/Arctic bus will be in a more classic, 80s style. You can use this mode along with the fast driving mode, if you like.

Not even the testers got to see these cheats, so I hope someone gets a kick out of them.

• Like 5

Ultra-Speed Mode is pretty insane, but you would have caught Cheaters even if you would have made it public earlier. The odometer shows slightly different number for the bugs in a clear pattern. But its interessting that the number when its getting night is the same.

Edited by Ignorama

• 2 months later...

@freewheel

You mentioned a special screen if you complete the 33 days journey. Even I will not try to do this, so I wonder if you could share this screen with us, because I really would like to see it :)

That would be cheating :)

I like the idea of a hidden Easter egg, that no one finds for 30 years.

I forgot - I also put in a screen if you hit the max possible score in Deserter Bus - a Kill Screen, basically. I suppose you could say that the game is "broken".

That would be cheating :)

I like the idea of a hidden Easter egg, that no one finds for 30 years.

I forgot - I also put in a screen if you hit the max possible score in Deserter Bus - a Kill Screen, basically. I suppose you could say that the game is "broken".

Are you planning on attending PRGE 18?

If this is an open question for anyone,

There is no way I can make it. I need the money for Family Vacations from now on which barely leaves me enough to buy the games.

I work on the weekends when I can, to stay ahead. Tough economic time sin my land!

I hope all of you are hangin' in there.

;-)

If this is an open question for anyone,

There is no way I can make it. I need the money for Family Vacations from now on which barely leaves me enough to buy the games.

I work on the weekends when I can, to stay ahead. Tough economic time sin my land!

I hope all of you are hangin' in there.

;-)

Sorry to hear that Wolfy. We will have a beer and a donut in your honour ???
  • Like 2

Its twitter and you have almost the account for 24 hours. Dude, the tweet-counter should be around 1k!

Your followers want to know EVERYTHING. What do you eat? When do you eat? Why do you it it? How did it taste? Would you eat it again? You should do more eat and tweet (this time bad english by purpose to make a even worse pun)

Edited by Ignorama

• 8 months later...

Alright, he was so fast, I can already say it!

I created a thread mentioning that I'll be participating in the "Extra Life" charity fundraiser. I decided to play "Desert Bus" because it seemed appropriate. So I ordered a couple copies (one to keep, one to give away) plus a ROM from him. Yesterday, it dawned on me that the drive from Portland to Vancouver (two of the cities involved in Extra Life group I'll be in,) are almost exactly as far apart as Tucson and Las Vegas (a drive I have also made many times.) So on a lark, I emailed him asking if I could get a slightly modified version of the game specifically for the streaming.

He initially replied that he would be willing to, but that he was in the process of moving, and wasn't sure he would be able to get to his development system in time.

Well, he went WAAAY above and beyond. He got it done within a couple hours of my request! So not only will I be playing Desert Bus, I'll be playing a custom one-off "Cascadia Edition" version of it. (Driving through green land with evergreen trees, rather than desert with saguaro cactus, with the cities being Portland to Vancouver rather than Tucson to Las Vegas.)

post-63701-0-27935500-1540323516_thumb.jpg post-63701-0-69557100-1540323628_thumb.jpg post-63701-0-81676000-1540323655_thumb.jpg

(For comparison, here are the normal version screenshots:)
post-63701-0-25194600-1540323689_thumb.jpg post-63701-0-55291000-1540323740_thumb.jpg post-63701-0-26327900-1540323773_thumb.jpg

And, yes, the default name of "Gregor" has meaning to the audience involved.

• Like 8