IGNORED

Desert Bus - Official Ordering Thread

freewheel

Thanks for PM/posts when you pay on the site, guys. Makes it much easier to track stuff (although I can often guess from email addresses and such).

I'm confused though, and maybe some PayPal experts can chime in: the transaction IDs that I see and you guys provide never match up. Do buyers and sellers use different IDs or something?

I think they do use different ids ! mine and Tim's didn't match for Go Sub purchase. It looks like none matched as per Tims last post in the go sub thread.

Good, it's not just me :D

So far I'm able to keep track of everyone's names/handles/emails. So long as everyone keeps the communication lines open, I think we should be fine. I did get a website order last night from someone that I don't know at all, so I'm not sure if he/she has reserved copies or just ordered straight from the website. But I can always get in touch with people via email.

You may have noticed Freewheel wearing his official Desert Bus t-shirt at PRGE. For those who want, you can now get one of these beauties for your own collection. (Wearing the shirt for 8 hours is much easier than driving the bus for that long.)

post-39531-0-84303200-1477942073_thumb.png

Nobody makes anything off of these, so don't feel obligated to buy one. Note: Right now Spreadshirt has a "20 percent off everything" code (SAVE20NOW) that's good until November 6.

• Like 1

Cool! With the discount those become like $12, which is crazy for a custom-printed T.

Orders have started shipping. I hope to be able to get 5-10 out per day, it all depends on time after work and how practical it is to haul stacks of boxes to the postal outlet. I'll update PayPal with tracking numbers for North American orders, as I get them sent.

• Like 2

You may have noticed Freewheel wearing his official Desert Bus t-shirt at PRGE. For those who want, you can now get one of these beauties for your own collection. (Wearing the shirt for 8 hours is much easier than driving the bus for that long.)

attachicon.gifDesert Bus shirt.png

Nobody makes anything off of these, so don't feel obligated to buy one. Note: Right now Spreadshirt has a "20 percent off everything" code (SAVE20NOW) that's good until November 6.

Is there a way to make it available in the german Spreadshirt store? https://www.spreadshirt.de

Any news on making Dessert Bus? That's a game I would buy. :)

Funny. When freewheel first showed me Desert Bus (pre-3d perspective) I said he should add Dessert Bus, where you still drive 8 hours, but have to avoid banana splits, sundaes, cakes, and other desserts that fell out of a delivery vehicle that was driving in front of you.

http://www.ign.com/articles/2014/04/18/gaming-for-good-the-state-of-video-game-charities

I had not seen that article until now. Hmmm... Freewheel, how about running a real Desert Bus fundraiser in your area? Lots of hyped-up marketing, have 6 RGB Intellivisions hooked up to 36" TVs, get teams to sign up and raise money, winning team gets all team money to go towards their charity. It's time!

I had not seen that article until now. Hmmm... Freewheel, how about running a real Desert Bus fundraiser in your area? Lots of hyped-up marketing, have 6 RGB Intellivisions hooked up to 36" TVs, get teams to sign up and raise money, winning team gets all team money to go towards their charity. It's time!

Honestly, my time & energy are better spent tagging onto things like DBfH (which I am, next week - everyone should watch and consider donating!) I'd be surprised if I could get 10 people in this city who've even heard of an Intellivision, let alone an intersection with the DB crowd. I live in a VERY young and VERY active city. Retrogaming is practically non-existent as it is (we literally have 2 rather crappy stores in a metro of 1.5 million people which is a big city by Canadian standards).

DBfH raises over half a million dollars each year at this point, so I'm thrilled to be even a small part of that. They're super-stoked to have another port of DB as well :D

Yay, copies are arriving in the wild. Hopefully soon we'll have enough out there that the endurance race can begin! Approaching 60% sold out now. The majority of paid orders have been shipped, so hopefully everyone's been notified by PayPal (and gets their copies soon).

The DBfH people tweeted me today, which brought in a few more orders, so that was kinda cool: https://twitter.com/DesertBus/status/796464955486670848

I think there are a half-dozen or so button sets left. Just about out of the double-digit serial numbers as well. Get your orders in now before it's too late!

• Like 2

I don't believe I've received any shipping notification email yet, but then again, my wife and kids tend to delete a lot of messages on me......by mistake.....I think! ;)

You have not :) I've still got a few stragglers boxed and ready to go, 2 of which happen to be Canadian orders. I've put them aside as I find that it's helped the Canada Post people if I do this in matching batches - US, Canada, International. Otherwise they get all confused and my tracking numbers get all confused and it's complicated. I've shipped out 60+ packages in the past 10 days or so, and it's been real fun making sure the right things get to the right people.

Never fear, you're basically next! But you gotta wait for a hockey game to happen tomorrow night first. Of course, eh?

• Like 1

You have not :) I've still got a few stragglers boxed and ready to go, 2 of which happen to be Canadian orders. I've put them aside as I find that it's helped the Canada Post people if I do this in matching batches - US, Canada, International. Otherwise they get all confused and my tracking numbers get all confused and it's complicated. I've shipped out 60+ packages in the past 10 days or so, and it's been real fun making sure the right things get to the right people.

Never fear, you're basically next! But you gotta wait for a hockey game to happen tomorrow night first. Of course, eh?

Sounds good! :)

I might as well plug this now, before I forget:

The 10th annual Desert Bus for Hope charity drive begins this Saturday at 10:00 PST. Hopefully they have another record-setting year and make it past 6 days of driving! A copy of Intellivision Desert Bus - plus some other goodies - will be up for auction at some point, and (crossing fingers) they'll be playing it at some point during the livestream. I'm not sure if they're going to give me a head's up on the time; if they do, I'll be sure to post it here. Worst case I'm sure they'll put a clip up on Youtube at some point.

• Like 3

Cool :)

If anyone's been debating on a copy (or a second copy), now's the time to get onboard! The charity marathon is running full steam ahead (they're about to hit 24 hours of driving so far) and they've already raised $83,000! I really wish I had been able to sell all the copies of INTVDB in time for this - and force them to drive a while longer - but oh well. We can be with them in spirit and raise money in parallel.

Check out the livestream if you haven't. Right now they have a guy playing Mega Man, WHILE playing Desert Bus. It's pretty awesome.