IGNORED

Hoping everyone is safe from that awful Hurricane..

Mclaneinc

I know we have members in the path of that thing and I just hope you all stay safe and if there's damage its as little as possible..

Stay safe folks...Hang on to those Atari's (and wife / husband /kids /pets)

Paul..

Edited by Mclaneinc
  • Like 1

My family in Ft. Lauderdale reported that the hurricane had been significantly diminished by the time it hit land by them. God bless and keep the Haitian people, but those of us in the U.S. were spared anything like what they got.

What's more sad about the Haitian issue is that when it happened the first time the Clintons set up a fund to help them redevelop and its just been revealed that the Haitians basically never saw a penny, Hillary syphoned it all off both to her own accounts and the Foundation. So not only where they never properly rebuilt its all happened again and left the already ravaged land open to the second beating it got while they pocketed the cash..

Makes me sick to my stomach...

• Like 1

It is an ironclad indictment of what this nation has become that we are to choose between Hillary Clinton and Donald Trump to hold the office of our Presidency. Neither of them is even capable of perceiving the obligation our country has always held dear to defend and heal the defenseless and endangered.

• Like 1

What's more sad about the Haitian issue is that when it happened the first time the Clintons set up a fund to help them redevelop and its just been revealed that the Haitians basically never saw a penny, Hillary syphoned it all off both to her own accounts and the Foundation. So not only where they never properly rebuilt its all happened again and left the already ravaged land open to the second beating it got while they pocketed the cash..

Makes me sick to my stomach...

Politics don't work in AtariAge, and I'm not a big Clinton supporter, but this is not as black and white as it seems: https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/fact-checker/wp/2016/06/13/did-the-clinton-foundation-raise-hundreds-of-millions-of-dollars-for-a-hospital-in-haiti-that-was-never-built/

I seriously don't want a political debate but I think the Clintons missed a trick there but they did engage her own brother in a not so good mining company so there's some double standards there BUT lest we forget the numerous times the Clintons have been investigated and money fined for their creative accounting, and the 6 million / billion that just vanished under her care while in office.

Personally, neither of these two candidates should be anywhere near an Oval office :)

• Like 2

Consider it done...There was never an intention to have a thread about it on any of our parts, was merely a casual few posts. Call it an off topic moment..

Glad every one seems to have ended up ok, lets hope this weather sorts itself out..

Peace...Paul.

• Like 1

My family in Ft. Lauderdale reported that the hurricane had been significantly diminished by the time it hit land by them. God bless and keep the Haitian people, but those of us in the U.S. were spared anything like what they got.

I'm in Davie, about 10 miles west of Ft Lauderdale. It was Cat 4 when it went by us. It didn't land here. A couple of the outer bands did go over western Broward county. We were saved (safe) by not so many miles. A little jog to the west and there would have been a lot more tension.

I put up panels and my 12 yr old worked the cordless drill to put the bolts on. We finished 17 doors and windows in about 4 hours. My previous record for Wilma was six hours. There ought to be a girl scout badge for disaster preparedness for her. It will probably take two weeks to get them down.

Edited by kenjennings

Five years ago some weather computers predicted that more hurricanes would turn north because the waters

of the Atlantic Ocean had warmed up so much, At least we in the gulf coast knew what to expect from hurricanes.

The poor people on the east coast really don't know how to prepare for one any better then we can deal with a

snowstorm. My heart goes out to those people; and when all the damage from the storm has been cleaned and

everything is repaired get ready for the worst part...

Insurance rates (home & auto) are going to double or triple for several years, and NEVER go down again! Even

if nothing happened to you!

DavidMil

Kingwood, Texas