IGNORED

Blow Out

Eric7100

Thanks for letting us all know in this new thread. Have you used another thread, or not announced it at all, we would all have been left in the dark! :o

:thumbsup: :thumbsup:

Rev, go ahead and bump all the old threads from last year to let everyone know that Eric got his game.

-dZ.

• Like 1

I'm not a frequent contributor to the Intellivision subforum, but as I do browse in here fairly frequently, I have to say that the thread's title was not very helpful. I half expected it to be a thread about someone's huge sale or purchase of Intellivision stuff. Instead, it was just about the game by that name--actually, not even about the game, but rather someone receiving a copy of the game. In years to come, if someone looking for info about Blow Out opens this thread, they'll be disappointed to find nothing about the game at all. Really, the thread ought to have been titled something like "Blow Out Received from Rev," I think (which would admittedly negate the need for any content in the post body).

Not to be confused with the thread "Blow *** Received from [insert_username_of_your_choice]."

onmode-ky

I'm not a frequent contributor to the Intellivision subforum, but as I do browse in here fairly frequently, I have to say that the thread's title was not very helpful. I half expected it to be a thread about someone's huge sale or purchase of Intellivision stuff. Instead, it was just about the game by that name--actually, not even about the game, but rather someone receiving a copy of the game. In years to come, if someone looking for info about Blow Out opens this thread, they'll be disappointed to find nothing about the game at all. Really, the thread ought to have been titled something like "Blow Out Received from Rev," I think (which would admittedly negate the need for any content in the post body).

Not to be confused with the thread "Blow *** Received from [insert_username_of_your_choice]."

onmode-ky

Yeah, not knowing the homebrew scene of Intellivision makes the title very easy to be deceived.

When I saw "Blow Out", this is what I thought of:

poopy-dipes.jpg

• Haha 2

• 6 years later...

Question: is there any meaningful difference between the ROMs of these games -- Blow Out, obviously, and Hard Hat and Space Cadet as well -- and the BSR release that compiles them (Party Line)?

(Apologies for resurrecting a bizarro thread -- I was multitasking and only just realized what an odd duck this one turned out to be...)

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...
On 9/19/2023 at 3:42 PM, thegoldenband said:

Question: is there any meaningful difference between the ROMs of these games -- Blow Out, obviously, and Hard Hat and Space Cadet as well -- and the BSR release that compiles them (Party Line)?

(Apologies for resurrecting a bizarro thread -- I was multitasking and only just realized what an odd duck this one turned out to be...)

If I had to guess the main difference would be with Blow Out. as there are at at least 3 known rom variations. and as far as I know only one of them has the ability to be merged with the other two party line games to create what is most likely the BSR compiled version.

Here are the MD5Sums of the various version of Blow Out
253266252e55bd85e98c207d82036a27 - PS2 Intelivision Lives -  Blow Out (this one has a modified game selection screen so that all three options only ever load Blow Out)

e8ae269dc6fa4e833b7ae4df89f406d4 - Intellivision Revolution Release - Blow Out (I either have a bad dump or cart used JLP board so it can't be dumped to compared)

460016cd532badbde26ce39a26fc2379 - Intellivision.us - Blow Out (I Believe this is the only version of the rom that has the correct menu screen to choose between the three games when it's merged with Hard Hat, and Space Cadet). 

both the Intellivision Revolution releases from the other two games match the md5sums of the versions released on either the Intellivision Lives! cd or the Intellivision Rocks CD. 

-- The Master

• Thanks 1

I compiled the three games myself into a single Party Line ROM image, same way that I created a fully playable Go For The Gold ROM image.

There is one interesting difference.  Hard Hat now has a graphical title screen, instead of the standard Executive ROM title.  When you press any key to begin, it becomes animated.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1