IGNORED

Official Custodian for Atari Jaguar Thread

PikoInteractive

I decided to make a separate thread for the game as it would be easier to compile all the information on the initial post.

Custodian is the very first release for the Atari Jaguar by Piko Interactive.

The game is an Arcade shooter in which you have to protect energy bases from parasites that are trying to drain it dry!

It features 3 area levels, many weapons and power ups, and awesome chiptune music!

Pre-orders will be available 2-3 months before shipping starts. The game will be manufactured with all new parts and assembled by hand. Packaging will come factory sealed.

Product contents include:

• Cardboard Box
  • Color Instruction Manual
  • Poster
  • Game Cartridge

Support our first Jaguar release! Support our first Jaguar release so we can publish more games for the platform!

Gameplay Video

FAQ

How do I order?

Visit this link to pre-order the game!

When are you shipping out?

Shipping Starts December 2016 - January 2017

Will the box art have the official Jaguar Logo?

We have consulted with our legal adviser and yes we will include the official Jaguar logo on the box.

Is the Game only an Atari ST port?

Is closer to the Amiga version than the ST version

Why is the price so high?

It is our first release, and the initial investment to support Jaguar games is high. We would like to recoup that in the first release so we can offer more games at lower prices in the future.

How many units you need to sell to keep supporting the Jaguar?

We need at least 150 units sold, if that is met, we will start working on our next release.

If you have any more questions, please post here, send me a PM, or contact us on our website!

Please Spread the word and Thanks for your Support!

Edited by PikoInteractive
  • Like 8

Would love to hear more backstory on the game itself and more about the origin of the game. How did you come to deciding to port this game and how are you associated with Realms? If you're serious about consulting legal advise for the use of a Jaguar logo, I assume you guys either were part of Realms or somehow acquired the licensing/rights to the game?

• Like 1

Would love to hear more backstory on the game itself and more about the origin of the game. How did you come to deciding to port this game and how are you associated with Realms? If you're serious about consulting legal advise for the use of a Jaguar logo, I assume you guys either were part of Realms or somehow acquired the licensing/rights to the game?

Hey Clint!

Actually got this game thanks to Onslaught. For a while I tried to get the game Onslaught for Amiga/Genesis until I finally found the creator (the Xbox 360 indie release publisher tipped me off) and We got the licensing done for Onslaught, and he mentioned Custodian, I liked it so we also got it along Onslaught.

Custodian was one of the few (or probably the only one) game we had with no physical project available to do off the bat (no carts for NES, SNES, Genesis or GBA as it was for Amiga) So that's why it was one of the first picks for a Jaguar Port. Now I also plan it to GBA and Genesis to also be able to publish easier digitally or in plug and plays.

Very nice! Will pre-order asap.

Thanks for the Support!

Edited by PikoInteractive
  • Like 1

Thanks for that!

I wanted to save for a surprise, but I thought about it and will be better to reveal now to help spread the word about the game.

But inside the first 150 Custodians there will be a $10 OFF on our website coupon for later Jaguar releases or other items in the store. Only the first 150 orders.

The next 50 (so 151-200) will come with a $5 OFF on our website coupon, the rest will have no coupon.

Also only the first 150 will come factory sealed, the next 50 will come closed with a circle sticker or something along the like, 201+ will be just a boxed game.

• Like 3

Assuming I placed the first order, can I get my box or copy autographed? Plus, if you're in San Antonio I can swing by and pick it up when it's ready, to save on shipping :P

Unless you're located on the east side.... then, nevermind lol

Assuming I placed the first order, can I get my box or copy autographed? Plus, if you're in San Antonio I can swing by and pick it up when it's ready, to save on shipping :P

Unless you're located on the east side.... then, nevermind lol

I am around the North by 281 and 1604! let me know!

And yeah I can sign it, although, it would be best if Chris would sign it, but he lives in the UK (I think) =D

• Like 2

Wow, bunch of people in San Antonio. I'm moving there in a few months.

I really want to pre-order this... but $75 bucks is a LOT for a Jaguar game... I'm going to have to sit on this for a while. It's hard for me to justify that... though I understand these games don't make themselves, and I appreciate the time and effort that goes into them.

Wow, bunch of people in San Antonio. I'm moving there in a few months.

I really want to pre-order this... but $75 bucks is a LOT for a Jaguar game... I'm going to have to sit on this for a while. It's hard for me to justify that... though I understand these games don't make themselves, and I appreciate the time and effort that goes into them.

Yeah, that price tag will only stay for this first release to recoupe initial investment costs. But it comes with a $10 off coupon on our site (the first 150 copies) for future releases or overall anything on our website =D.

Cheers!

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...