IGNORED

Official Custodian for Atari Jaguar Thread

PikoInteractive

I ordered it 9th October and it's now on it's way to Southman-land in Sweden!

Look forward to head-bang to the Amiga tunes, and play this tomb parasite cleansing shooter asap! Also look forward to see how Jag deals with the in reviews mentioned ST-version lagging problem. This edition is also supposed to run faster as well.

It will be an instant Jag classic, that I'm also positive to.

• 2 weeks later...

Got the game today, and have played it for half an hour...

He he... finally! found two pods, but didn't know what to do with them.... need to take another look in the manual for that.

Hints: First gear up, then find portals and get to the two bottom corners of the map, enter door and shoot the pods in the 3D simulator.... next... have no clue, but it's a fun game and I will spend more time with it later and discover what to do. Manual has some errors in it and could show the game progress in text and pictures, but there is a commercial for a upcoming game to compensate for that (I won't tell you which game), and the guy porting it was a surprise as well, maybe I just missed that info.

Edited by Atlantis
  • Like 1

Got the game today, and have played it for half an hour...

He he... finally! found two pods, but didn't know what to do with them.... need to take another look in the manual for that.

Hints: First gear up, then find portals and get to the two bottom corners of the map, enter door and shoot the pods in the 3D simulator.... next... have no clue, but it's a fun game and I will spend more time with it later and discover what to do. Manual has some errors in it and could show the game progress in text and pictures, but there is a commercial for a upcoming game to compensate for that (I won't tell you which game), and the guy porting it was a surprise as well, maybe I just missed that info.

So who did the port then?

I'm getting more hold of it.

Now I have been able to get and destroy 7 pods. They are small balls with tentacles that are fixed into the wall and they shoot the blue balls that circles around you. The pointer points somewhat towards them, and when you got one pod fly to the "3D space shooter" mode located in all four corners of the map. (If you get several pods at once you can shoot them all at once.)

Best tactic this far: I have skipped to get weapons and kept the money to heal instead: You can get healed if you use the teleport. You can heal up by using the teleport over and over until health is ok again. If you're super fast and fly and move all the time the enemies misses you mostly so very little health spent by this tactic.

Still don't know how many pods are needed to complete the first level.

The promo video in the original post is in cheat mode with 99 in all weapons, endless health and you seem to only need one pod to complete first level - which is not the case, since I've killed 7 at this point. Guess some weapons will be needed at the Guardian boss though, but that is a later problem.

Game in pause atm but will continue later this evening...

Edited by Atlantis
  • Like 2

Hey Guys! Just wanted to give a quick update!

We have shipped a bit more than 50% of the preorders! The reason there has been a slight delay on dispatch is because we released other 7 games along Custodian and a lot of orders have those games too. So we got to work and dispatch those too on a first come first serve manner.

Also, just wanted to let everybody know, that you are literally receiving a "hot fresh" Custodian out of the factory as I solder and assemble each game by the other =D (another reason of the slight delay).

We are very thankful of the support the Jag Community and AA has brought to this release and want to say we really really appreciate your business; you are the most important aspect of our company.

Now, I'd like to address a few recent claims that may throw you (or other potential customers) out or cause you confusion. There is a known individual making false claims about Piko and the Custodian project. I want to let everybody know that libel is not something we shrug off and we take very seriously. We are currently working with our legal advisers in after hours to tackle this issue. With that being said, here are some official statements (and debunks of the false claims) from Piko Interactive and the Custodian Project.

1.- I have no association or have directly talked in private with the person that is claiming false statements about our Custodian release.

2.- L. Staveley is the person that handled the port and we are very honored to work with him. We take care of every person that works with and for us in good faith. We will take care and protect with the full extent of the law if our relations, company image, sales, or business is threatened by libelous statements.

3.- All the official statements for the Custodian Project can be found here in this thread and some other on the previous thread somebody made. I have not given any insider information to anyone.
4.- Custodian is a Port of the Amiga and ST Version, which has been stated here before and if I recall correctly even MetalJesus covered this in his channel.

5.- We have never claimed the game was being ported from the ground up by a "games industry" Individual.

6.- The game is 100% licensed from the original creator of the Custodian game. The Shells used in this release do have the Atari logo because they are old stock acquired from Telegames UK. They confirmed there would not be any trouble with Atari.

7.- Yes there will be more Jag games to come =D.

If you guys have any questions, please just let me know.

Eli

• Like 12

Hey Guys! Just wanted to give a quick update! [...]

There is a known individual making false claims about Piko and the Custodian project. I want to let everybody know that libel is not something we shrug off and we take very seriously. We are currently working with our legal advisers in after hours to tackle this issue [...]

We will take care and protect with the full extent of the law if our relations, company image, sales, or business is threatened by libelous statements

Yes. Please, Please, Please put an end to Liard and his insanely fibtastic antics - for all of us who actually give a shit about the integrity of the Jaguar and other classic communities he's managed to infest.

• Like 6

Just got mine today, very cool game. I really need to spend some time with it, but I like it a lot.

I dont know if I should mention this...but...new game? Holy crap that would be cool ;)

Aww, you edited it. Cut it out of your post with some sort of knife or blade. What a switch up.

• Like 3