IGNORED

Chicago TI International World Faire

Airshack

Damn nice find, man!

I just fetched the box in which I shipped my goodies only to find that the FedEx on Green Bay Rd in Evanston used absolutely NO packing materials what-so-ever. I have not checked out everything, but the fact that my console has no keys broken off of it and the Geneve has no apparent visible damage is nothing short of a miracle.

attachicon.gifDSC01226.JPGattachicon.gifDSC01228.JPGattachicon.gifDSC01229.JPG

We love Kids in the Hall!

• 7 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

The Holiday Inn is showing $185/night plus taxes... I might not be able to make it this year, and that's double what I paid last year. Want to keep the wife from fussing at me for $400+ of hotel for two nights.

Flight is reasonable from Atlanta to Chicago at $215, but also factor in the Uber to the hotel, etc. Probably an $800+ trip by the time I added up everything. I think I only paid $150 last year for my airfare, and $250 or so for the hotel. I think out the door it was around $500 including Uber and food.

I managed to switch my schedule around so I'll make it this year yet again. I don't think I've missed a Faire for over a decade now :)

I managed to get a room at the Holiday Inn for $46 a night using my Expedia points, so that was nice. Last year the Orrington cost me a small fortune and did not honor my Bookings.com price (I eventually got a refund from Bookings for the difference), so I have permanently black listed them.

I hope you'll be able to make it Jon nonetheless.

I've booked my room already at Motel 6 about 10 miles away from the library (I'm a cheap miser). This will be my 3rd time... last year and once in the 80s with 6 or more other 9T9er (Toronto Users Group) members. We rented a Winnebago and used it for our accommodations too. I'm hoping that "arcadeshopper" will be there so I can come away with the FlashROM99. Lasted year I arrived late Friday night, so this year I'm driving down on Thursday.

Have to make a pitstop at Walmart to pick up my 6 month supply of dark chocolate peanut M & Ms. Can't get them in Canada!

Need to find out where the bar is for the Friday night get together...

Steve

• Like 2

• 1 month later...

I've got the ok to go :)

What I've gathered from the thread, it is October 14th ( the Saturday ) and the details in post #2 seem consistent with tales from past events.

I would like to know where the direct source of information is... Is it on the TI OLUG? There is a failing chicagotiug.com , I'd call it an internet myth, except I've seen videos, and internet videos are always true.

How do I contact the Chicago TI UG? Or where do I find a post from the host?

-M@

Official announcement on the Yahoo listserv. The official CTIUG site is not regularly maintained unfortunately...

88236Chicago Faire

Expand Messages

• VICTOR STEERUP

Aug 12 8:17 AM

Announcing the Chicago TI User's Group's 35th International Faire celebrating the TI99/4-A home computer will be held October 14, 2017 at the Evanston, Illinois, USA public library starting at 9:00 AM and ending at 4:00 PM. Guest speakers will present seminars, vendors will have new products for sale, suprises. Thanks to Hal Shanafield for presenting these Faires.

• Like 2

• 1 month later...

My plans and intentions are to be there. Anything can happen but so far so good. Shaking up with a friend for a few days and no jet lag to deal with, I might actually get to hang around for additional bar crawls or whatever this time, I was ready for bed after FestWest. Stupid time zones. :)

• Like 3

Hello All:

This is a reminder that the 35th annual Chicago TI International World Faire

will take place on the weekend of October 14, 2017, in Evanston, IL.

What: 35th annual Chicago TI International World Faire

Where: Evanston Public Library

Main Library

Community Meeting Room

1703 Orrington Avenue

Evanston, IL 60201

(847) 448-8600

When: Saturday, October 14th 2017

9:30 AM - 4:00 PM

The Faire itself runs from 9:30 a.m. until 4 p.m. Following the Faire, a banquet will be held at a local restaurant, where the John Birdwell Award will be presented. A jury of volunteers will be selected to evaluate various TI websites, and upon completion of the judging, the Rob Tempelmans Plat Award will be sent to the year's recipient. The Faire is usually preceded on

Friday by an informal gathering of TIers at a local watering hole. The Faire, being over, a hardy group of adventurous souls set out on the infamous "Pub crawl." Survivors, (if any!), gather Sunday morning for breakfast before heading home.

• Like 1