IGNORED

Chicago TI International World Faire

Airshack

7 minutes ago, Lee Stewart said:

Observing (and potentially helping) Walid Maalouli (Vorticon) troubleshoot his current robot project

Indeed.  We can all say we were there at the start of the rise of the machines.  When HERO had enough and refused to do what it was told.  Thankfully it had not reached the next stage.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

6 minutes ago, OLD CS1 said:

Indeed.  We can all say we were there at the start of the rise of the machines.  When HERO had enough and refused to do what it was told.  Thankfully it had not reached the next stage.

The robots will need another town to go to in order to arm themselves............

Beery

2 hours ago, Opry99er said:

$12 for the book, Lee?!  That's a steal!  (Are there any addendums to the original text with any of the updates you've made?)

The new words are listed and defined on my website under “Since TI Forth” and in the first post of the main fbForth thread on this forum. See links to both in my signature below. I intend to handle updates to the manual under the “Manual” heading (soon, I promise). I will add an “errata” section there, as well.

...lee

• Like 2

22 minutes ago, dhe said:

I could start a whole thread on Huggers (Indianapolis TI User Group) care break downs going to various TI fairs!

Any nice write up on the Chicago Faire 2019? or do I have to wait for Micropendium? ?

Dan

Hal usually does that and posts it on the Yahoo group. Obviously a plan B is in order...

• Like 2

One plus of this year is Hal, Jr. ::snicker:: ran the stream on YouTube, and was expecting leave them up as video on-demand (or VOD, as the kids say.)  Not sure of the channel but I know Tursi linked to it a few messages up.

I am helping him design a fully digital back-end.  It is a bit of a challenge with inputs from composite, VGA, and HDMI, but not at all impossible.

• Like 2

As I am unpacking from the trip, two things occurred to me (and I am certain more will follow.)

1) The TI case screws are also cartridge screws (thank you!)

2) My MiniMemory saved the day for Walid a second time -- says something about bringing more than I need

• Like 4

• 2 weeks later...
On 11/3/2019 at 10:31 AM, OLD CS1 said:

Parking at the library is raised to a maximum of four hours posted, but the machine I used was offering six hours for $1.50 per hour.  Actually not terrible.

Special shout-out to @BuckoBrand and @Opry99er for making the long drive for the short visit.  Was good to see you guys!

Thanks, @OLD CS1 for mentioning me and @Opry99er. Really means a lot.

• Like 3