IGNORED

Chicago TI International World Faire

Airshack

Hey folks...

I put some of these pictures up on the Facebook TI-99/4A group to share with them our escapades this past weekend. Also some of the ones from the Friday event as well. If anyone has any issue with their picture being there, please let me know and I'll pull the ones you'd prefer to not have up.

Thanks.

• 3 weeks later...
To my knowledge, a photo of the 2018 John Birdwell Award presentation has not yet surfaced, which probably means one does not exist—I think we were all a bit spent after two fairly intense days at the Faire. I would be remiss if I were to let any more time slip by without publicly thanking the John Birdwell Award trustees for bestowing such an honor upon me. Thanks again!

...lee

• Like 10

To my knowledge, a photo of the 2018 John Birdwell Award presentation has not yet surfaced, which probably means one does not exist—I think we were all a bit spent after two fairly intense days at the Faire. I would be remiss if I were to let any more time slip by without publicly thanking the John Birdwell Award trustees for bestowing such an honor upon me. Thanks again!
...lee

Well deserved Lee!

• Thanks 1

• 8 months later...

Don't think my boyfriend and I will be able to go; we've been hit with car repair after car repair, last month, and we're still leery about taking it out on long trips. That, plus increased rent, means we can't really save up for a whole lot of stuff in advance, so sorry to those who wanted us to come up, this year. Maybe next year.

4 hours ago, xabin said:

Don't think my boyfriend and I will be able to go; we've been hit with car repair after car repair, last month, and we're still leery about taking it out on long trips. That, plus increased rent, means we can't really save up for a whole lot of stuff in advance, so sorry to those who wanted us to come up, this year. Maybe next year.

I used the Megabus for Chicago. Right now it’s as low as $6 for the 3.25 hour leg from Indianapolis to Chicago. (It’s ridiculously cheap when you book in advance. It is also ridiculously posh inside for the price, WiFi and AC.) In Chicago, I use public bus from the airport to Evanston where the show is. Don’t know if that works for you, but it would mean less wear on the car.