Airshack

Chicago TI International World Faire

$6 for an air conditioned bus ride from Indy to Chicago? Wow!

...from Chicago to Evanston, probably costs triple that and takes another 3.5 hours.   🤣

14 minutes ago, FarmerPotato said:

I used the Megabus for Chicago. Right now it’s as low as $6 for the 3.25 hour leg from Indianapolis to Chicago. (It’s ridiculously cheap when you book in advance. It is also ridiculously posh inside for the price, WiFi and AC.) In Chicago, I use public bus from the airport to Evanston where the show is. Don’t know if that works for you, but it would mean less wear on the car. 

We'd still have to drive about an hour up to South Bend, which is the closest stop for Megabus. At that point, we might as well take the car the whole trip. We'll think on it.

On 9/5/2019 at 4:25 PM, FarmerPotato said:

I used the Megabus for Chicago. Right now it’s as low as $6 for the 3.25 hour leg from Indianapolis to Chicago. (It’s ridiculously cheap when you book in advance. It is also ridiculously posh inside for the price, WiFi and AC.) In Chicago, I use public bus from the airport to Evanston where the show is. Don’t know if that works for you, but it would mean less wear on the car. 

Do you attend the retro computer group meetings in Indy? The Floppy Day's Podcast host Randy is usually there.