IGNORED

Found a Bunch of Intellivision Games on Craigslist

Eric7100

First of all, I would like to announce that, as of this week, I returned to work for the first time in 17 months. :) :) :)

Now on to bigger things...

I have recently been checking out Craigslist for Intellivision Games. I found the following ad from my hometown:

http://lancaster.craigslist.org/ele/5826245242.html

I can see Centipede and Commando in there. And I also really want the boxed games. So I have already messaged the guy about the ad.

But... I would like to ask you guys if it's a good deal. Please respond, as I do want to be sure. Thanks! :)

Edited by Eric7100
  • Like 7

if your happy to spend that much on that lot , all good. Just buy and don't think about it. If your looking for CIB games now , I would say focus on buying lots with CIB, unless your going to resell those loose games that are worth something like commando. In the end its what its worth to you..

My two cents on this lot...lol

One of those carts is probably a Spiker.

Weird to see so many bare boards (hell, ANY) in a Craigslist lot. I'd pick it up out of sheer curiosity. Tell you what, I'll give you $10 for the boards. But you're not allowed to test them first.

Always wondered, do the old boards hold any value for homebrew publishers? Are they or any of their chips, parts, etc. reusable or do you guys have to use new boards with each new release?

Thanks, guys! :)

UPDATE: I am meeting the guy to buy the stuff tomorrow evening.

Can somebody here please tell me what those boards are in the picture?

GI rom chips have a couple of numbers on them. A number that starts with a 9xxx-xxx is the part number and would tell you the capacity and maybe the game. A number that starts with an 8xxx is the date code where the first two digits is the year. Some even have the name of the game printed on the chip. The year at least tells you something.

Edit: its possible some date codes start with 79xx but I don't think any start with 90xx.

Edited by mr_me

Can somebody here please tell me what those boards are in the picture?

You will have to plug them in and try them out. Make sure the chips are facing the ceiling when you put the PCB into your intellivision. If its a common game you might as well toss the PCB because they are no use to homebrewers.

Man! It would be cool if that thing got modded for Intellivision. :-)

Its a simple modification that would work well for 2-way or 4-way games and 8-way games with directions programmed like Snafu or Mazeatron. The diagonals won't work properly with any game using 16 directions.

You should be able to turn the single action buttons into two buttons and turn the joystick on its side (if you want). Assuming the cable has enough wires.

Edit: It doesnt have enough wires, you'd have to replace the cable. Eg. Genesis extension cable.

Edited by mr_me