IGNORED

new batch of 7800 games coming to the AA store

RevEng

In case you guys missed it, the following 7800 titles are listed as coming to the AA store at the end of November. (along with some excellent titles for other platforms)

• Bentley Bear Crystal Quest
  • Froggie
  • Super Circus AtariAge
  • T:ME Salvo
There will also, no doubt, be demos running for all of these at PRGE. :thumbsup:
  • Like 21

Just as an fyi, already available is the AtariVox from the AA Store.

If some may have been on the fence about purchasing it before, T:ME Salvo, although still fantastic without one, receives a whole additional layer of depth and coolness with one present. RevEng has done a excellent job implementing some awesome voice samples; plus there is high score saving. :)

The AtariVox adds speech and high score saving for Dungeon Stalker too, and high score saving for other already released homebrews as well.

• Like 2

In case you guys missed it, the following 7800 titles are listed as coming to the AA store at the end of November. (along with some excellent titles for other platforms)

• Froggie
  • Super Circus AtariAge
These will also, no doubt, be demos running for all of these at PRGE. :thumbsup:

I'm going to want all four above, plus 2-3 others.

Just as an fyi, already available is the AtariVox from the AA Store.

If some may have been on the fence about purchasing it before, T:ME Salvo, although still fantastic without one, receives a whole additional layer of depth and coolness with one present. RevEng has done a excellent job implementing some awesome voice samples; plus there is high score saving. :)

The AtariVox adds speech and high score saving for Dungeon Stalker too, and high score saving for other already released homebrews as well.

Does it work flawless on all 7800's? Or only on some like Dungeon Stalker? A for whatever reasons the 7800 has problems with the avox. Also has Dungeon Stalker ever been fixed?

Looking Forward to buying all of these anyways regardless..Been what 3-5 years for some of them to be released? Will be great to finally get a chance to buy them!

Does it work flawless on all 7800's? Or only on some like Dungeon Stalker? A for whatever reasons the 7800 has problems with the avox. Also has Dungeon Stalker ever been fixed?

Despite spending a large amount of time on this issue, we weren't able to track down any software cause for Dungeon Stalker having AtariVox voice glitches with some decks. At this time I believe its a hardware issue at the heart of it, since a lot of decks (most?) play back without issue. Even with the problem decks, the glitching only seems to get triggered during parts of Dungeon Stalker that have a lot of speech triggered within a short time.

We haven't seen the problem with T:ME Salvo on the one deck we have access to that can replicate the Dungeon Stalker issue. It's likely because Salvo has less overlapping speech than DS, but since I don't have a smoking gun for Dungeon Stalker, I can't really guarantee Salvo will have flawless AtariVox voice on all 7800s.

• Like 2

Despite spending a large amount of time on this issue, we weren't able to track down any software cause for Dungeon Stalker having AtariVox voice glitches with some decks. At this time I believe its a hardware issue at the heart of it, since a lot of decks (most?) play back without issue. Even with the problem decks, the glitching only seems to get triggered during parts of Dungeon Stalker that have a lot of speech triggered within a short time.

We haven't seen the problem with T:ME Salvo on the one deck we have access to that can replicate the Dungeon Stalker issue. It's likely because Salvo has less overlapping speech than DS, but since I don't have a smoking gun for Dungeon Stalker, I can't really guarantee Salvo will have flawless AtariVox voice on all 7800s.

Thanks for the reply! I have another 7800 to try now anyways. I wish 7800's were not as problematic.

Your T:ME Game looks amazing. Definitely a must have!

• Like 2

• Froggie
  • Super Circus AtariAge
There will also, no doubt, be demos running for all of these at PRGE. :thumbsup:

???????

YES!!!!

I got a pocket to burn for these. ????????

Put me down for all 4.

?