IGNORED

new batch of 7800 games coming to the AA store

RevEng

Yes, but not so much for someone else. Consider what you have a prototype, that was blessed by Bob. I only ever made one.

Is there a difference? I see some being played on you tube. is mine the one i see played by other people? I would like to be enlightened if i may ask.

Edited by dodge ramman

Is there a difference? I see some being played on you tube. is mine the one i see played by other people? I would like to be enlightened if i may ask.

The difference is, you could not buy one like it from the AtariAge store, when it gets released. Put it away, consider yourself lucky, and buy one from the store to play. :)

• Like 1

Yeah. So effectively WIZ made an early copy for AN Other, and said person has gone and sold it then?

Bob, the author, sent me a cart so there are at least two out there and possibly more. So we don't know who sold theirs. I still have mine and plan to keep it since it has sentimental value to me.

Bob, the author, sent me a cart so there are at least two out there and possibly more. So we don't know who sold theirs. I still have mine and plan to keep it since it has sentimental value to me.

I am sure I know who sold it, I made the label crappy (had low-res art to work with). Plus my printer shifted the image and the art credit got cut off. Any copy from the AA store will not have a black PCB either. ;)

I am sure I know who sold it, I made the label crappy (had low-res art to work with). Plus my printer shifted the image and the art credit got cut off. Any copy from the AA store will not have a black PCB either. ;)

Good to know it wasn't a counterfeit cart. :)

Whoa - Hi guys!

There were a small handful that I made for certain people that I wanted to give the cart to. However I never thought someone would sell theirs. :roll: Well, that's not going to happen any more. :mad:

Sorry guys. :(

I am sorry to hear stuff like this happens.

I would never sell a homebrew ever. I always preach this and I live by my words 100%. And selling Bentley?!??? Thats your masterpiece! PRGE next fall by the bike racks! That is where it is going to happen right after school!!

I don't really think it's realistic to expect that people aren't going to, someday, sell or trade items they own. Someone may have the best intentions when buying a game like this, but life is not predictable and there are many reasons why someone may need to or want to sell a game they previously intended to keep indefinitely. I also don't really think it's fair to say, "You can't sell this game!" Games are going to change hands, that's just the nature of things.

..Al

• Like 5

I don't really think it's realistic to expect that people aren't going to, someday, sell or trade items they own. Someone may have the best intentions when buying a game like this, but life is not predictable and there are many reasons why someone may need to or want to sell a game they previously intended to keep indefinitely. I also don't really think it's fair to say, "You can't sell this game!" Games are going to change hands, that's just the nature of things.

..Al

That wasn't what I meant, Al...

I had given those to a few people I wanted to have it, people who either did me a favor or did a similar thing for me (i.e. returning the favor). I absolutely expect things to change hands over the course of time. But these were a little more than just giving / selling a cart to someone.

• Like 1

You know, although thinking about it now, I was assuming it was one of those carts that I specifically made for a few people which got sold... That might not be the case....

EDIT - It wasn't one of those - I was just shown where it came from. My apologies for assuming... :(

Edited by PacManPlus

In writing my post to the game, I said that I received it at Christmas as a gift, and I said that it was a great game, I was trying to make the point that the game is great if not one of the best I have played on this system. I in no way was trying to cause a stir with anyone here or elsewhere, I do apologize for anything that this may have caused, If it will help the mater I will gladly send it to anyone of the individuals involved in making this game just to try to rectify the situation. Just PM me your address. Again had I known it would have caused such a stir I would not have made the post.

Sincerely

• Like 3

In writing my post to the game, I said that I received it at Christmas as a gift, and I said that it was a great game, I was trying to make the point that the game is great if not one of the best I have played on this system. I in no way was trying to cause a stir with anyone here or elsewhere, I do apologize for anything that this may have caused, If it will help the mater I will gladly send it to anyone of the individuals involved in making this game just to try to rectify the situation. Just PM me your address. Again had I known it would have caused such a stir I would not have made the post.

No need to do that! People are just a little sensitive because the game hasn't gone on sale yet and there are individuals in the community who make bootleg copies of homebrew games. But there are a few copies out there, and obviously you have one of them. Glad you are enjoying the game, and I look forward to making it available very soon for many others. :)

..Al

• Like 4

No need to do that! People are just a little sensitive because the game hasn't gone on sale yet and there are individuals in the community who make bootleg copies of homebrew games. But there are a few copies out there, and obviously you have one of them. Glad you are enjoying the game, and I look forward to making it available very soon for many others. :)

..Al

Oh I understand the bootleg thing very well, I also must say that I am in no way a programmer, I wouldn't even know where to start. Yes I am enjoying the game and thank you

Sincerely

Like I told you last night, don't worry about it. Just smile and consider yourself lucky. People have been drooling over the game for years and you somehow managed to obtain a prototype of it. Think about the chances, I only made one!

No stir really, I was just freaked out, because I designed this board (mostly for BBCQ, because Bob challenged me many years ago and I told him no, when he had the game done, I sat down for a month and experimented and designed this board) and there is no substitution for it available. You can't even hack up a board made by Atari, as they never pulled this off back in the day. :)

This is the first one ever made (mine)...

post-1244-0-12026000-1389230656.jpg

• Like 6

Like I told you last night, don't worry about it. Just smile and consider yourself lucky. People have been drooling over the game for years and you somehow managed to obtain a prototype of it. Think about the chances, I only made one!

No stir really, I was just freaked out, because I designed this board (mostly for BBCQ, because Bob challenged me many years ago and I told him no, when he had the game done, I sat down for a month and experimented and designed this board) and there is no substitution for it available. You can't even hack up a board made by Atari, as they never pulled this off back in the day. :)

This is the first one ever made (mine)...

post-1244-0-12026000-1389230656.jpg

Thank You