IGNORED

UK Power Supply for Nintendo Famicom Disk System. Which one?

The original one outputs 9V DC @ 400 mA, centre negative polarity. The latter is important, as reverse (i.e. positive) polarity might damage the unit. The 400 mA is a minimum rating, beefier power supplies will work as long as the voltage and polarity match. Also stay away from power supplies that output 9V AC, since those effectively alternate the polarity multiple times per second.

In terms of practical use, something like a Mega Drive 1 supply (10V DC @ 850 mA, centre negative) would work. Also your run of the mill ZX Spectrum power supply will match. You can also use a third party power supply where you set the output voltage to 9V. Most of those are switched these days, which may or may not give you smooth power but I don't know how sensitive the FDS is.

What do you have in your collection that possibly could match?

Quite decent price too, especially if it was sold as working.

If the drive craps out, there is the FDSstick that will replace the physical drive while at the same time keep using the original RAM adapter (the wired cart that goes into the Famicom cart slot) so unliek the Everdrive you have 100% compatibility on saves and special FDS music. Note that you cna still buy it, because disks themselves can't be trusted.Not that they are prone to fail (I ahve about 25 of them; only one is bad) but because unless they have been tested you can never be sure that there is the game you want on the disk.

I got a disk that came in the Zelda box, with Zelda notice, the Zelda sticker... And there is Mario Tennis on Face A and another game on Face B (but I got a loose Zelda disk so I was able to get a compelte set after all)