IGNORED

What is the MOST METAL VIDEO GAME of all time!?

Metal Jesus

Should of went old school with

Holy Diver (ホーリーダイヴァー) - Famicom (1989)

Intro starts out into something translating as

It is the 666th year of the world of magic. The Black Slayer, Demon King of the Underground Dark Empire, has extended the world of darkness and weakened the power of King Crimson whose wisdom has guided the world of magic for generations.

The 16th Crimson Emperor Ronnie 4th entrusted his two infant sons, Randy and Zack, to his faithful servant Ozzy. The three escaped the forces from another dimension in the hope to bring light back into the world.

The next 17 years were difficult but Randy, Zack, and Ozzy devoted themselves to the cause of Holy Magic Justice. The Black Slayer had further extended his empire over the countryside and the interdimensional forces were even more powerful. Randy needed to find the Royal Coat Of Arms of the Crimson to battle the demons. He set out alone to carry out the will of his surrogate father Ozzy who had passed away. Thus begins the Legend Of The Holy Magic King's Justice.

• Like 1

Should of went old school with

Holy Diver (ホーリーダイヴァー) - Famicom (1989)

I can't believe we didn't think of this... as I've even covered the game in one of my Famicom videos...Completely spaced it.

And then I remembered KISS: Psycho Circus. It's not remotely the best metal game...but decent...and kinda cool if you are an old school KISS fan like me

KISSPSYCHO.jpg

• Like 1

My post from Patreon, Up the Irons!:

...first thing came to mind was an older PC game from the 90's called Iron Maiden's ED HUNTER...I still have that somewhere lol. My favorite would be Full Throttle, its got that metal vibe to it. Other than that Guitar Hero Metallica is great and maybe some metal\industrial inspired games like Descent 2 and Quake or even Doom. The music of the first level of Doom always reminds me of Dio's song Stand Up and Shout.

• Like 2

My post from Patreon, Up the Irons!:

...first thing came to mind was an older PC game from the 90's called Iron Maiden's ED HUNTER...I still have that somewhere lol. My favorite would be Full Throttle, its got that metal vibe to it. Other than that Guitar Hero Metallica is great and maybe some metal\industrial inspired games like Descent 2 and Quake or even Doom. The music of the first level of Doom always reminds me of Dio's song Stand Up and Shout.

Do you know if that game Powerage is based on the Iron Maiden album? I always thought the name and style was just way too similar to be coincidence...

Do you know if that game Powerage is based on the Iron Maiden album? I always thought the name and style was just way too similar to be coincidence...

I dont remember Powerage was that on PC? Sounds like Powerslave etc. :)

I found this shirt the other day (you guys always have cool shirts on your video's)..

http://www.neatoshop.com/product/Doom-Tut

299346-19.jpg?v=b

And another favorite:

http://shirtoid.com/25243/this-is-my-boomstick/

boom.jpg

Powerage is an AC/DC album, not Maiden. Does that change your thoughts on the theme of the game? I don't recall Powerage (the album) having a cohesive theme.

I was going to be disappointed if Brutal Legend didn't win MOST METAL!! Still need a couple achievements to get 100% but I loved the game (I even liked the strategy game aspect.) The soundtrack is CRAZY! Never thought I'd hear Savatage in a video game!