IGNORED

Flappy Mcfur Homebrew Now Available to Order

BitJag

I'm kind of torn on buying this. On one hand, the production values and in-game artwork look great!

On the other, though.... it's $45 US plus another $20 shipping to Canada. $65 US is something like $90 CND - and as good as this looks, I can't imagine I'm going to get much more gameplay out of it than 10 minutes here and there. It's hard for me to justify the cash layout...

• Like 1

I'm kind of torn on buying this. On one hand, the production values and in-game artwork look great!

On the other, though.... it's $45 US plus another $20 shipping to Canada. $65 US is something like $90 CND - and as good as this looks, I can't imagine I'm going to get much more gameplay out of it than 10 minutes here and there. It's hard for me to justify the cash layout...

Get it now or regret it when it's $300 on EBay in a year :)

• Like 4

Small update and a little (gif)t.

Printing will begin this coming Monday, thanks to everyone that has ordered. Thank you all so much. We have begun to burn EPROMs, and are hoping to start getting an assembly line to get them on PCB's and in shells within the next week or two.

Painted this the other night at a party. Did McFur's movment digitally. Most people didn't even know what a Jag"Wire" was... :grin:

McFur_Pumpkin.gif

• Like 4

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

An update for those who have purchased or are interested in seeing cardboard and plastic in still photography. With Inktober out of the way, we were finally able to get a finished unit put together.

The printing is now finished, and we have assembled our first complete unit. The local company that we printed with was absolutely awesome, accommodating, and loved the fact that they could be apart of releasing a game for the Jag. The die cut box looks feels very close to an officially released game and gives me tingles all over when I hold it. We had a die cut made for the white insert, to get a better price than what is available online, and to improve on the design slightly. Unless you were paying really close attention, most people won't even know the difference between the new insert and an original insert. Also, there is a nice full color manual and another small surprise that you will get when you open the box for yourself. For those that got collector's bundles, we are very satisfied with the art prints, and we hope you will be as well.

flappy_mcfur_first_copy.jpg

The current plan is to finish up at least 25 units and get them shipped by the weekend. If we wake up a bit earlier in the morning, we may be able to get a few more than 25 done this week. We are hopping to get all current orders out within the next 2-3 weeks. If you haven't ordered already, we will have plenty in stock, and we will make sure that we get yours shipped out during the next few weeks as well.

As a final note, for anyone who has purchased Will's Inktober 2016 Atari Propaganda art prints, printing for those is starting this week, and will begin shipping sometime next week, with your copy of Flappy McFur.

While we are here, we would like to thank everyone for all the support so far. Those who purchased and the positive comments here and on social media mean allot to us, and fit well with the good feelings we hope the game brings as an experience. We forgot to put this in our announcement post and we apologize for it, but we also want to thank those who run Atari Age for providing this awesome platform where all of us can share in what we love.

Thank you all for this awesome experience and we will drop by again soon!

• Like 4