IGNORED

Flappy Mcfur Homebrew Now Available to Order

BitJag

Wow it's a tough game. I understand there's a level of skill to be acquired. I don't play smartphone games so not that familiar with the technique. Only criticism is that appears to be no way to dive faster than gravity allows .Some pipes are therefore too close together. This isn't a title you can play over ten minutes. Otherwise I'm, impressed with the on-screen presentation.

Thanks Guitari!

I have only played the original Flappy Bird 2 or 3 times myself, just to compare difficulty, and in my opinion, the original is still much harder than Flappy McFur. The main difference between the two is that Flappy McFur's movement is far more predictable that Flappy Bird's. We figured a disembodied Jaguar head would fall more like a stone instead of the almost feather floating randomness of a bird.

It was interesting during play testing to see how well people did the first time. Nearly everyone would hit the first pipe or ground. After that though, some people would only get through the first pipe while others would breeze through 5-10 pipes. It also depends on the play mode as well, as there is a tapping timing strategy for each one. We tweeked spacing between pipes and collision boxes a ton during play testing to try to get the right balance of at least some progression every round for every player and enough challenge that someone can't beat it in 10 - 20 minutes.

With our few play testers, after a few minutes of play on a specific play mode, they all were eventually passing a handfull of pipes each time. It does take a bit more time to refine the technique though, and to learn how to anticipate certain situations.

A small tip for anyone who wants the shortest route to the end. The fastest way to the finish line is Flyer mode. And a few of our play testers consider this mode the easiest to learn as well.

I promise, the game is beatable. Thank you for the feedback and good luck ;)

• Like 4

My wife and I enjoyed spending the evening playing Flappy McFur a couple nights ago. It's certainly addictive. I found myself getting the controller back less and less. My wife and I probably haven't played Jaguar together in 10+ years. She buys me Jaguar games as gifts and watches me open them. Maybe she'll watch me play a bit. It was nice to actually play together. Thanks for the effort you put in to it! I enjoy messing around with Removers library myself and I always like seeing a game utilize it. Same with RAPTOR of course!

• Like 3

I got my receipt of shipping about three weeks ago but it still hasn't arrived. I'm in Australia, so I understand it can take a while (especially with our recently hobbled postal service factored into the equation) but I'm getting a little nervous about the order.

Is there tracking on these orders (my order is #4101)?

I got my receipt of shipping about three weeks ago but it still hasn't arrived. I'm in Australia, so I understand it can take a while (especially with our recently hobbled postal service factored into the equation) but I'm getting a little nervous about the order.

Is there tracking on these orders (my order is #4101)?

Thanks for letting us know. PM sent.

Last update before the end of the year.

We sent out the last of the current orders a few days ago (Including all Inktober art print orders). Hopefully our European friends will get their packages before Christmas. ( Cross your fingers ;-) )

For those who wander in late or are still on the fence, we still have a handful of copies available for you. Once we get below 10 copies or so, we will put the available stock amount on the product page.

Thanks again for the support from everyone here and on other social media channels. This has been a great experience for us because of all of you. Have a pleasant holiday and a happy new year!

• Like 1

A small announcement.

We figured everyone who has a copy of the game has had enough time to practice and beat it by now. For those who haven't beaten it yet, but would like to see what happens when you do, we will have a spoiler filled live streaming of us beating it tomorrow at noon our time or 7:00 PM (GMT/UK). Afterwards we will probably spend some time playing Tempest 2000 or something multiplayer. As an extra bonus, we are planning doing a small giveaway, we just haven't decided on what and how that will happen yet.

If you are subscribed to our channel you should see a notification if you haven't turned off notifications for our channel. If you aren't subscribed here is a link to the YouTube channel to keep an eye out for it. We will also post here one more time before the show starts. https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCjcnSIzsCTi4vGGhO2tg9VQ

We will be streaming for about an hour and would like to answer any questions anyone may have. You can either post them here, or shoot an email to contact@bitjag.com and we will get them on our list. We will have the chat open, but we don't know how much we will be paying attention to it, so now is the time to get your question in.

See you tomorrow!

Edited by lachoneus
  • Like 2