IGNORED

Nintendo Switch

Punisher5.0

Yeah they basically stated that the Switch itself won't be used as a second screen which I took as assurance that you wouldn't need to play on the tablet.

Nintendo has to he very keen on words and statements like this so no one finds out its basically Mike Kennedy running the place screwing people over with verbiage as they seemingly have no games, plans, support, etc in attempt to take advantage of folks and let's idiots invent hype trains No Man's Sky style because gamers aren't very bright.

• Like 1

Yeah what's with the complaining, you're not forced to buy it, it's a choice, just like he said a light gun/ss6 or a rob, a power pad, or the rest.

I think you're looking for a reason for drama reading your last two posts as you're reading just too much into that. Some games will in fact likely play better using no buttons, but i think Nintendo would have the intelligence to mandate games use the normal functions if they're designed for it (such as any game you find on android/ios that can use a game pad if it's detected, they just require it) but something that only works with touching perhaps not. It's a fine line, it could get abused, but being upset about a whole lot of nothing before it's even out seems silly.

• Like 1

Yeah what's with the complaining, you're not forced to buy it, it's a choice, just like he said a light gun/ss6 or a rob, a power pad, or the rest.

So long as they're very clear on the control modes (And thus whether it's docked-only, mobile-only, or whatever) then I agree. That was one of the things they made sure they were clear on back in the day about requiring a rob, power pad, light gun, etc.

Oooh 'nintendo fanboy' there's that go to retort when you have nothing to stand on other than having a lot of whine and not so much cheese with it. I don't remember the last time I actually bought a Nintendo game new thanks to the WiiU. Don't let the avatar fool you, they fell out of my good graces years ago on the console side of things. You're being a blowhard and can't back it up so you're going to the old fanboy bucket to deflect.

When they said you wouldn't need to use the switch as a second screen they're right, you won't use it like the WiiU where you had a 2nd screen required option say like with ZombiU. They said they won't do it, so until you see that actually happen, they're not breaking their word. Reported box art for the games on the rear show which modes a game can or can't be used it like they have for years on Japanese packaging. If you see one that says touch only, don't buy it. It's really that simple.

• Like 1

I would be more concerned if it could use buttons and they just let devs be lazy by ignoring them. But this looks so touch based that table top mode and TV mode don't even look possible. It is similar to how it isn't possible to play 1-2 Switch in handheld mode. Both games couldn't even get on the Switch if they were required to use all three modes. I would be even more concerned if Nintendo allowed TV mode only games. "If you don't like touch based games then don't buy them." makes sense to me(only if they can't be changed to add buttons) but,"If you don't like TV mode games then don't buy them." doesn't because the issue of them lacking a handheld or table top mode wouldn't be not wanting TV mode games but wanting console style games that you can take on the go but just not getting that option. For an example, if Nintendo was to get major AAA support but because they compromised by allowing devs to make TV mode only games then that would go completely against the purpose of the Switch and the reason many bought it. I don't think that would just be uncool but could cause false advertising legal issues for Nintendo. I doubt Nintendo would get away with using a defense like,"Well, the games we showed that can switch between handheld mode and TV mode wasn't meant to show that functionality applies to all games but that functionality is an option." There are people that have pre-ordered or will buy it because they intend on using TV mode only, handheld mode only, and/or both. Nintendo has made it clear that is what the Switch is all about. The Switch not on the dock has been marketed as the console and therefore all games must be playable on its screen and work as advertised.

The game in question is a budget title, but I think it sets a bad precedent and wouldn't put it past Nintendo doing this with a $60 title just to be "unique".

My concern precisely. I don't want a Kirby game drawing lines to keep him running on a touch screen, etc... I want games that can function in the home and abroad, which is already gonna be tough given the motion gimmicks they're insisting on including, too. And when this system is only gonna get 20-40 worthwhile games tops in its lifespan, it's a huge concern if 50% of them take the touch screen route and limit home console play. I have very little trust in Nintendo given its history the last 5 years. With support likely going to be at a standstill unless it explodes, I would hate if the system is 20% motion, 20% touch, 20% regular controls, 20% Pro controller, 5% other accessories, etc and becoming a system that is a jack of all trades, master of none and once again, no one in the public knows what in the blue hell it is like the Wii U. With enough titles to go around, that would be a godsend of a console, but we know with Nintendo that won't happen. So, I get worried when I have to wonder if the new Star Fox game is gonna be touch/motion/regular/etc. I mean, lest we forget, we're not even given a real d-pad on the actual Switch for a NSMB game. If you look at it from this perspective, there's a possibility this system won't get anything right.

-----------

<“Nintendo Switch is dedicated to deliver a single-screen experience, on whatever screen you might choose,” Nintendo officials told Polygon> Sounded to me like the system would play every game on either screen you chose. As a home console predominant gamer, I wanted to make sure I wasn't going to lose, say the latest Metroid game because some goof at Nintendo thinks controlling Samus with a stylus is a good idea for some reason. I understand the appeal of and absolutely love touch screen games, but I was supposing Nintendo was putting something in play, ala Project Scorpio Vs. original Xbox One, that the bases are always covered for all parties. I had a comfort level in that which has now dropped, sadly, much like many things about the Switch because of Nintendo not telling us anything. The old adage of it's better to ask for forgiveness than permission.

It's kind of like when I bought a Cabela's hunting game for Wii U... then get it home and it doesn't work with the Pro controller. It's frustrating enough just in that small instance, now magnify that by throwing more potential control schemes in the mix. I expected a standard, I guess that was too much to ask from Nintendo. But they wouldn't and still don't say shit, so a few days before launch I'm confused. The average idiot isn't forward thinking enough to see this, but he will when he buys a game that doesn't work the way he expected it to.

• Like 1

If any system gets 20-40 must have games in a lifespan that's actually very good if you think about it. We may have (some of us) deeper pockets to buy a game a month, but most people buy just a few a year. That said I get the argument, but I really don't see too many touch or motion style games being forced on people. Nintendo might try and get dumb with it a bit, we'll see how Mario turns out as Zelda isn't doing it this go around. Maybe Nintendo learned their lesson that people don't want to have to put their controller down to drag out steps, stairs or push blocks like Mario 3D World on WiiU did which really sucked and broke up the flow. I don't trust them much either console side after the Wii and especially the WiiU but they've been fairly good as a rock on the handheld side and they seem to be taking more handheld like measures with the Switch plus they're finally not being bastards about their Nintendo accounts which only took them over 10 years to pry head from ass about it. They very well easily could have gone the Starfox Zero route with Zelda and had pull back to throw a boomerang or pluck an arrow but it doesn't appear so in videos. You don't have people moving the controller around like someone with a mental condition to aim the hookshot or the rest of it. Perhaps the poor sales of titles that got heavy on that with WiiU gave them some insight on what is stupid and what is not in regards to their classic franchise titles. You have 1-2 Switch clearly playing up the motion and sensor angle, but then you have Zelda clearly being all hardcore classic adventure-RPG Zelda in style harkening back to the GC period with control methods. I think not having a true D-pad isn't the best, but at the same time I don't see it hurting either if it detects internally all the same, it worked for Sony just find with the split d-pad as I never had an issue and it was pretty comfy unlike the stuff Sega and especially MS dribbled out.

• Like 1

I don't mind a game built around touch control being exclusive to handheld mode.

As long as minor touch screen functionality doesn't keep a game away from our televisions, I don't see the issue. And surely such nonsense will see reduced sales, so no developer has the initiative to be a jerk and do something like Uncharted Golden Abyss did on the Vita with its minor touch screen functionality that kept it away from the later PSTV.

Edited by Atariboy
  • Like 1

My concern precisely. I don't want a Kirby game drawing lines to keep him running on a touch screen, etc... I want games that can function in the home and abroad, which is already gonna be tough given the motion gimmicks they're insisting on including, too. And when this system is only gonna get 20-40 worthwhile games tops in its lifespan, it's a huge concern if 50% of them take the touch screen route and limit home console play. I have very little trust in Nintendo given its history the last 5 years. With support likely going to be at a standstill unless it explodes, I would hate if the system is 20% motion, 20% touch, 20% regular controls, 20% Pro controller, 5% other accessories, etc and becoming a system that is a jack of all trades, master of none and once again, no one in the public knows what in the blue hell it is like the Wii U. With enough titles to go around, that would be a godsend of a console, but we know with Nintendo that won't happen. So, I get worried when I have to wonder if the new Star Fox game is gonna be touch/motion/regular/etc. I mean, lest we forget, we're not even given a real d-pad on the actual Switch for a NSMB game. If you look at it from this perspective, there's a possibility this system won't get anything right.

-----------

<“Nintendo Switch is dedicated to deliver a single-screen experience, on whatever screen you might choose,” Nintendo officials told Polygon> Sounded to me like the system would play every game on either screen you chose. As a home console predominant gamer, I wanted to make sure I wasn't going to lose, say the latest Metroid game because some goof at Nintendo thinks controlling Samus with a stylus is a good idea for some reason. I understand the appeal of and absolutely love touch screen games, but I was supposing Nintendo was putting something in play, ala Project Scorpio Vs. original Xbox One, that the bases are always covered for all parties. I had a comfort level in that which has now dropped, sadly, much like many things about the Switch because of Nintendo not telling us anything. The old adage of it's better to ask for forgiveness than permission.

It's kind of like when I bought a Cabela's hunting game for Wii U... then get it home and it doesn't work with the Pro controller. It's frustrating enough just in that small instance, now magnify that by throwing more potential control schemes in the mix. I expected a standard, I guess that was too much to ask from Nintendo. But they wouldn't and still don't say shit, so a few days before launch I'm confused. The average idiot isn't forward thinking enough to see this, but he will when he buys a game that doesn't work the way he expected it to.

I'm sure most people are happy to get 20-40 great games over 5 years. I think that's 35 more than the Wii U ever received . If John Cena likes it enough to give it his endorsement then it's good enough for me.

I'm sure most people are happy to get 20-40 great games over 5 years. I think that's 35 more than the Wii U ever received . If John Cena likes it enough to give it his endorsement then it's good enough for me.

John Cena wouldn't own a fucking Nintendo system, he is so intelligent he knows Mandarin. You think he gives a fuck? Give me a break. 20-40 great games is launch window to us who actually PLAY GAMES.

This is why Nintendo fanboys are fools

John Cena wouldn't own a fucking Nintendo system, he is so intelligent he knows Mandarin. You think he gives a fuck? Give me a break. 20-40 great games is launch window to us who actually PLAY GAMES.

I play a lot of games, but generally I only play the great ones. Ive owned and played ever major console since the Atari 2600, so I'm not sure you understand where I'm coming from. If you've read the article about John Cena then I think you would know that he is a gamer as well as I'm sure he's getting paid. Of course I don't know where your coming from, it's hard to tell on a forum.

I play a lot of games, but generally I only play the great ones. Ive owned and played ever major console since the Atari 2600, so I'm not sure you understand where I'm coming from. If you've read the article about John Cena then I think you would know that he is a gamer as well as I'm sure he's getting paid. Of course I don't know where your coming from, it's hard to tell on a forum.

I can assure you, John Cena doesn't give a fuck about that shit. He has granted more "Make a Wishes" in his life by almost double than your stupid ass plays Nintendo. Just "being real". Like Guiness World Record shit.

I can assure you, John Cena doesn't give a fuck about that shit. He has granted more "Make a Wishes" in his life by almost double than your stupid ass plays Nintendo. Just "being real". Like Guiness World Record shit.

How can you assure me? Do you know him personally? Have you read his biography? I don't understand your misdirected feelings about this Topic. I really don't play much Nintendo, but hopefully Breath of the Wild will change that for me.

How can you assure me? Do you know him personally? Have you read his biography? I don't understand your misdirected feelings about this Topic. I really don't play much Nintendo, but hopefully Breath of the Wild will change that for me.

John Cena has more make-a-wish contributions than anyone else in living history, stupid. Learn to read. It's actually fact. Guinness World Record.

Doesn't matter what you play Nintendo... how about read? L-E-A-R-N

http://nypost.com/2015/07/11/john-cena-is-the-worlds-biggest-make-a-wish-superstar/

Back the fuck up before you get smacked the fuck up, bitch

John Cena has more make-a-wish contributions than anyone else in living history, stupid. Learn to read. It's actually fact. Guinness World Record.

Doesn't matter what you play Nintendo... how about read? L-E-A-R-N

http://nypost.com/2015/07/11/john-cena-is-the-worlds-biggest-make-a-wish-superstar/

Back the fuck up before you get smacked the fuck up, bitch

You've got some misplaced anger and strange emotional problems. You realize this is a forum about video games? You might need to get some help. Also, the overuse of obscenities is not a sign of intelligence in my book. Obviously he's a generous man, but that still doesn't answer the question about his fondness for video games.

• Like 1

You've got some misplaced anger and strange emotional problems. You realize this is a forum about video games? You might need to get some help. Also, the overuse of obscenities is not a sign of intelligence in my book. Obviously he's a generous man, but that still doesn't answer the question about his fondness for video games.

I merely support the man you insulted as a punk who is in the Guinness World Record book for granting wishes to dying children and made the happiest moments in their lives before they breathed their last breaths worthwhile, John Cena, a man you shit on, is actually a humanitarian, but you chose to make fun of his profession and dismiss his world record.

Just saying.

No 20-40 great games is not a launch window except to psychotic gamers who have deeper wallets than common sense and attention span combined. Clearly you're just here to troll because myself and a few others have said a few valid points and you're ignoring them to throw feces around like some howler monkey.

Growing up with the NES and SNES era over a span of 5-6 years I'd rack up 40-50 games on a system and I had a ton of time around school, homework, and sleep to enjoy those games a lot. What does that say about a grown man who probably has an actual life, real responsibilities, perhaps a 40+hours a week job, maybe a family that would get so bitchy they're angry they can't get 20-40 quality games a year? You do sleep don't you?

As adam said you're unbalanced with some major psychological and emotional problems. Perhaps you should get with a doctor and find a good medication balance?