IGNORED

Nintendo Switch

Punisher5.0

I merely support the man you insulted as a punk who is in the Guinness World Record book for granting wishes to dying children and made the happiest moments in their lives before they breathed their last breaths worthwhile, John Cena, a man you shit on, is actually a humanitarian, but you chose to make fun of his profession and dismiss his world record.

Just saying.

When did I dismiss him as a great man who gives back to society? Just because someone likes video games doesn't change the caliber of person they are. Your suggesting that because I mentioned that he endorses Nintendo that I was making fun of his profession. That's just nonsense . Anyway, this is a ridiculous use of precious gaming time. I don't care for your misplaced insults, and I never meant any towards you.

I've got an early Christmas Present for You:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4feIwig2AtA&sns=em

Edited by adamchevy
  • Like 1

No 20-40 great games is not a launch window except to psychotic gamers who have deeper wallets than common sense and attention span combined. Clearly you're just here to troll because myself and a few others have said a few valid points and you're ignoring them to throw feces around like some howler monkey.

Growing up with the NES and SNES era over a span of 5-6 years I'd rack up 40-50 games on a system and I had a ton of time around school, homework, and sleep to enjoy those games a lot. What does that say about a grown man who probably has an actual life, real responsibilities, perhaps a 40+hours a week job, maybe a family that would get so bitchy they're angry they can't get 20-40 quality games a year? You do sleep don't you?

As adam said you're unbalanced with some major psychological and emotional problems. Perhaps you should get with a doctor and find a good medication balance?

Yeah, keep going back when you were 8... the world has changed, How many PS4/Xbox One games have you beat in the last year? Do you actually know anything about modern gaming?

• Like 1

When did I dismiss him as a great man who gives back to society? Just because someone likes video games doesn't change the caliber of person they are. Your suggesting that because I mentioned that he endorses Nintendo that I was making fun of his profession. That's just nonsense . Anyway, this is a ridiculous use of precious gaming time. I don't care for your misplaced insults, and I never meant any towards you.

I'm sorry you thought John Cena was a retard. Maybe now that I taught you he is one of the nicest humans on the planet and has nothing to do with your ridiculous agenda, YOU PLACED DOWN, you'll grow a brain.

No duh it has changed. I haven't beat many at all as I gave up buying PS4 games, went to the computer and I've taken down a few, but I haven't taken down 20-40 and I'm just fine. I've got a very modern gamer level computer so I'm not lacking for brand new stuff that can run better than what a PS4 can handle. I was making a point a normal person who is an adult would have a life and responsibilities that should stop them from likely taking down 20-40 games a year let alone a month or for a launch window. I don't have the ability with a little girl and a wife along with other things going on to commit a daily 4-5hour chunk to gaming anymore like when I was 8.

You're being insanely childish and vindictive in this thread and have been for awhile. What did Nintendo ever do to you exactly? I know they're near the Canadian border, did some former employee touch you at some point causing some unhinged rage as a result?

No duh it has changed. I haven't beat many at all as I gave up buying PS4 games, went to the computer and I've taken down a few, but I haven't taken down 20-40 and I'm just fine. I've got a very modern gamer level computer so I'm not lacking for brand new stuff that can run better than what a PS4 can handle. I was making a point a normal person who is an adult would have a life and responsibilities that should stop them from likely taking down 20-40 games a year let alone a month or for a launch window. I don't have the ability with a little girl and a wife along with other things going on to commit a daily 4-5hour chunk to gaming anymore like when I was 8.

You're being insanely childish and vindictive in this thread and have been for awhile. What did Nintendo ever do to you exactly? I know they're near the Canadian border, did some former employee touch you at some point causing some unhinged rage as a result?

Yeah, I figured you'd think molestation was a joke. Nothing suprising, I no longer have anything left to say. Cheers.

I mean, lest we forget, we're not even given a real d-pad on the actual Switch for a NSMB game. If you look at it from this perspective, there's a possibility this system won't get anything right.

-----------

Mesmerizing, isn't it? :lust:

post-33189-0-39735100-1488266807.png

plus they're finally not being bastards about their Nintendo accounts which only took them over 10 years to pry head from ass about it.

Nintendo, no longer the brown nosed ostrich it once was! :lol::lolblue:

ostrichheadass.jpgHead_up_ass.jpg

post-33189-0-39735100-1488266807_thumb.png

Geez, what a diversion. The bottom line here is is whether it's a game that requires the touchscreen or even a game that requires the dock (although again, I don't really see that happening), the Switch will succeed or fail on a lot more than that. It goes without saying that it needs the type of depth and breadth of content - particularly third party content - that the Wii U lacked. In other words, the more content, the better, regardless of source, and regardless of requirements. It's that "other" stuff that will help balance out the appeal of the first party titles.

• Like 1

Interestingly, this was announced today: Introducing Xbox Game Pass: Unlimited Access to More Than 100 Games (https://news.xbox.com/2017/02/28/introducing-xbox-game-pass/#bks3Co36kQWsRiMW.99)

$9.99 is not bad and they take special care to emphasize that unlike Sony's streaming service, you download these games to play them, so you're not limited by network performance. This is quite similar to EA Access on the Xbox One, although that's less expensive (and with fewer games).

I think this highlights more than ever that Nintendo REALLY should do what everyone has been calling for for years (like with the NES Mini) and introduce a subscription-based Virtual Console service (at minimum). The Switch would have been the perfect platform for that, particularly since they really need to make a huge splash this time.

• Like 5

Yup that's what on the appearances side of things killed WiiU in under a year really, third parties blowing it off entirely up front, or doing some shoddy dated ports with issues then whining about stuff not selling like Nintendo buyers are too dumb to do their research (or didn't already also own a PS3 or PC to play the same 1-2 years prior.) They had very little announced out of the gate, just a list of developers who got kits and promised 'something' and that was about it. This time around we're seeing the list again, but also a big list of games that appears to keep growing from all aspects of gaming from the core/hardcore stuff (like your street fighters and stuff) to the high tier download stuff (i am setsuna etc) to even the touchy feely casual stuff like the one that caused that unhinged blow up. There's no reason to get hot about having games, especially a wide variety because if it causes one more happy buyer who will buy and keep the system and buy even just a few more games for it, that's doing at least as well as the Gamecube did and definitely far better than the awful failure that was WiiU.

They'd have to do a whole lot wrong to go down in total flames on Switch like WiiU. Improvements appear to be many and wide. Super easy to code for, very easy to port android etc to, unity and unreal engine 4 support which the prior lacked, developers listing some key franchise games core types go for and bringing them to market, an online network that appears to finally be up to speed with Sony at the least, and out of the box it's not just a one controller thing stuck to a tv but realistically a 2 player device that can go wherever. It opened a lot of doors, but Nintendo still could bungle it and slam them shut too. Continued support is a must not just from game makers but key from Nintendo. The stories out of Capcom even has them being pegged as why the joycons even exist and the fact the hardware is as good as it is too as they demanded it and oddly Nintendo listened instead of their usual behavior. It may be a real sign of change and at least of some lessons learned.

• Like 2

I think the Xbox and Playstation services need some curation to help people find stuff they'd like. Between Plus/Live giveaways, frequent discounts, and deals like Xbox Game Pass and EA Access, the problem becomes deciding what to play, and finding the time to do it. It's an embarrassment of riches.

As for the Switch launch, which I think is what this thread was about before the poo-flinging started, I would consider the March kickoff a "soft launch window" since there's really only one big game that the buyers will want: Zelda Breath of the Wild. It's eagerly anticipated and already got a 10 review from Edge. Everything else is gravy, and nothing else will get as much attention or as many sales.

Personally, I'd rather have one or two awesome games at launch than a plethora of gimmicky, rushed garbage.

Besides, I think Nintendo systems are a bit niche, and don't "need" the genre diversity of a Playstation or Xbox. Most Nintendo games are general audience crowd-pleasers, and the vocal haters in places like this old-person message board aren't really representative of the buying audience.

• Like 3

Nah they do need the diversity, and in this case it appears there is just some of that between physical and not. You can't just live off Nintendo IP alone, WiiU's colossal failure proved that one. You are right though the loudest complainers are those who are probably not going to ever buy one and aren't in that market so it's just anti-fanboy raging to get on other peoples nerves who have genuine interest because it's the internet and you can't allow people any measure of happiness at the expense of personal amusement. :)

The system though does have Zelda sure, but if you loathe it or are uncertain (as I am) about the game you have choices between now and just summer alone that should keep people happy. They may not be some multi-million super hit titles a more well oiled established system would have already due to their base but it's not filler or garbage either.

• Like 1

Besides, I think Nintendo systems are a bit niche, and don't "need" the genre diversity of a Playstation or Xbox. Most Nintendo games are general audience crowd-pleasers, and the vocal haters in places like this old-person message board aren't really representative of the buying audience.

I don't consider that a good business strategy. Targeting purely the Nintendo faithful might only get them another 13 million or so buyers.

I'm absolutely not expecting them to replicate the Wii's success, which was the first mainstream system to successfully target non-gamers (and, of course, that fickle audience did drop it relatively quickly), but I do expect for the health of the company and the platform for them to pull in at least of portion of the PlayStation, Xbox, and PC gamers that they've lost. The only way to do that is to bring in compelling games that aren't directly from Nintendo, which, as you say, have a very specific appeal.

The system though does have Zelda sure, but if you loathe it or are uncertain (as I am) about the game you have choices between now and just summer alone that should keep people happy. They may not be some multi-million super hit titles a more well oiled established system would have already due to their base but it's not filler or garbage either.

Going off memory, I'm assuming the big bumps will be Zelda (launch), Splatoon (summer), and Mario (holiday). The obvious key is to make the "between" stuff interesting, and continue that going forward. Presumably, with what is more or less a single system focus now, Nintendo should be able to pump out 4 - 6 major and compelling titles a year. They're already blowing through most of their heavy hitters in the first year (and rightly so), including Mario Kart, so it will be interesting to see where they go in 2018. It would be nice for them (and gamers) if the burden wasn't all on them.

Didn't find the key, but I found a boot.

I hope you have some of those ugly stickers that have strong, hard-to-remove adhesive, too.

Fluorescent-Towing-Booting-Sticker-D-205

I don't consider that a good business strategy. Targeting purely the Nintendo faithful might only get them another 13 million or so buyers.

I'm absolutely not expecting them to replicate the Wii's success, which was the first mainstream system to successfully target non-gamers (and, of course, that fickle audience did drop it relatively quickly), but I do expect for the health of the company and the platform for them to pull in at least of portion of the PlayStation, Xbox, and PC gamers that they've lost. The only way to do that is to bring in compelling games that aren't directly from Nintendo, which, as you say, have a very specific appeal.

Maybe ... I believe in their "blue ocean" strategy of going where the sharks are not, and carving out a unique niche. They did that with the Wii, and they did that with the DS/3DS. Switch is less weird/limited than Wii U, and with Zelda BotW and Mario Odyssey, seems on track to have at least two games with broader appeal than anything on Wii U.

They don't need to beat PS/XB/PC to succeed, but yeah, I guess they need to borrow a few of the gamers from those areas. I am open to being one of them, personally.

I would hope that the Japanese third parties fill in the gaps, but that sounds like the Vita strategy as I type it. For Western gamers, is mobile Skyrim interesting to anyone besides me?

• Like 1

I would hope that the Japanese third parties fill in the gaps, but that sounds like the Vita strategy as I type it. For Western gamers, is mobile Skyrim interesting to anyone besides me?

I think it would be more interesting if it was a game that hasn't been out for over 5 years and recently received a special edition that was free to Windows users and modestly priced for Xbox One and PS4 owners. Despite the portable aspect, it's arguably overexposed. I don't know how long it will take to see release on the Switch - maybe six months from now? - but I don't see it making a huge splash.

With the above in mind, I still consider it a big win for Nintendo and the platform in general, and I'd definitely like to see more games like it receive "hybrid" versions for the Switch, including Fallout, Diablo 3, Wasteland, etc. Again, not so much because those would make people jump to the platform necessarily (it DOES need concurrent new releases as well, not just after-the-fact ports), but would build up a compelling overall case that it's something you'd want even if you're happy with something else. Ultimately, it remains to be seen how appealing the portable aspect is outside of Japan. I know I'm both intrigued by the idea and skeptical considering my current and past history/pattern of handheld usage.

Going off memory, I'm assuming the big bumps will be Zelda (launch), Splatoon (summer), and Mario (holiday). The obvious key is to make the "between" stuff interesting, and continue that going forward. Presumably, with what is more or less a single system focus now, Nintendo should be able to pump out 4 - 6 major and compelling titles a year. They're already blowing through most of their heavy hitters in the first year (and rightly so), including Mario Kart, so it will be interesting to see where they go in 2018. It would be nice for them (and gamers) if the burden wasn't all on them.

Yup that would be some, another would be Mario Kart 8 which you later noted that added more than the WiiU one, and there's ARMS too, and given so few WiiU sales many would be their first shot at it (myself included if I pick it up.) Around that you have as you said both to flojo there too as I did, you need more they didn't do. That's where you have stuff like Skyrim, Ultra SF2 (which is exclusive), and various other announcements so far for this year that have wider taste appeal to more 'core/hardcore' type gamers in those genres. That's something the WiiU lacked. I'm curious to watch the filler list grow from third parties. I know we are very ware of Super Bomberman R which would be one for old fans and a party/competitive game too on and offline.

Fast RMX is out day one that'll put a feel in there for futuristic (fzero/wipeout) racing style fans.

Shovel Knight gets yet another port as does the Binding of Isaac but with all the DLC in one.

Lego City Undercover a port is coming back in far better form and very soon. Puyo Puyo Tetris is a big one for puzzle fans in April.

Disgaea 5 Complete hits Switch, formerly a bit SONY only franchise and also from the Sony camp in May as well RIME.

Another spring run is Redout another speedy future racer, and I guess download only in this period there's a SHUMP and that I Am Setsune Square-Enix RPG, and also Sonic Mania too.

In the first half we get that Monster Boy and the Cursed Kingdom game (also I heard Dragon's Trap Wonderboy3 is coming as well with old and new style gfx/audio by choice) and that Android/IOS Oceanhorn ZeldaWW knockoff clone comes too.

Later you have that EA stuff with their FIFA and NBA games, presume there should be a Madden and probably Golf announcement too at some point. Also from Toei/Nintendo you have that 'Warriors' title using the Fire Emblem cast, and as I said later already you have Skyrim too with Ultra SF2. That Yooka and Laylee platformer from the former Rare guys that got blown out on kickstarter comes this year to Switch as well as does some definitive version of Rayman Origins and yet another 3D Sonic title.

Also if it's this year or next you have the Xenoblade Chronicles 2 sequel from Monolith-Nintendo and that harvest moon clone Stardew Valley gets a port as does that Dragon Bal Z Xenoverse game and Minecraft (and Minecrat Story Mode too) and this is just a sliver of a list I'm skimming at the moment. There's plenty there and it's all solid good quality name brand (and not) third party titles to fill the holes around Nintendo. As long as people actually buy the stuff to justify more support instead of being asshole Nintendo sycophants who only buy 1st party it should help to turn things around.

• Like 2

New Nintendo Direct out 2 hours ago going over all sorts of indie and related eshop goodies.

Wow just nice, watched that clip. Blaster Master 0 is everything that rotted turd the Genesis wish it was decades ago. I've got to get that.

Also that NGPC wanna be Pocket Rumble looks like an absolute must as does I think that Kingdoms Two Crowns game which looks interesting. I never got huge into that RCR DX game but that sequel in Hawaii looks fairly interesting too.

I'm slowly thinking less and less I'm going to like just stick to the PC and *1* console/handheld for now on that's new on the market. At least that way one can reasonably find the time to enjoy the variety there without being super choosy and missing out.

I'm stunned at the variety really as there's a lot of damn good quality indie level developer titles coming to the system, some which are exclusive even or at least timed (hateful practice.) Nintendo seems to be showing their hand with days to go that they're being more serious than ever before about not being entirely irrelevant.

Less than 20min, the list of games is crazy and the variety is shockingly there especially for Nintendo: http://live.nintendo.com/

Here's some of them I can list from memory (and the first one i was certain was physical though) Yooka and Laylee, Shovel Knight, Tumbleseed, Runner 3(as in Bit Trip Runner 3), Blaster Master 0, Human Resource Machine, Celesta, Stardew Valley(multiplayer), Showdown Hawaii, Overcooked, Escapists 2, Steamworld Dig 2, Wonderboy, Rogue Trooper, Wargroove(basically Advance Wars), Dandara, Portal KNight, Rive, Oceanhorn, RIME, Gungeon, Terraria, Hollow Knight, Monster.COM, and more I couldn't make out in the end graphic on that youtube due to artifacting.

Edited by Tanooki
  • Like 3

Geez, what a diversion. The bottom line here is is whether it's a game that requires the touchscreen or even a game that requires the dock (although again, I don't really see that happening), the Switch will succeed or fail on a lot more than that. It goes without saying that it needs the type of depth and breadth of content - particularly third party content - that the Wii U lacked. In other words, the more content, the better, regardless of source, and regardless of requirements. It's that "other" stuff that will help balance out the appeal of the first party titles.

I don't see the big deal. A lot of gamers may use the Switch on the TV as well as on the go, so pick-up-and-play touch style mobile games strictly on the go or portable mode, and epic AAA blockbusters that you sit and play for hours and squeeze every bit of horsepower muscle out of the Switch that need docked only (or otherwise be a massive battery drainer with frame rate stutters and other poor user experience if devs shoehorned it into handheld mode), I could see coexisting together on the shelf or even in a gamer's library. Packaging would need very clear markings "docked mode only" or "portable mode only" printed on the packaging or shown prominently on the eShop page so that gamers would know what they are buying. If a particular game specifically needs one mode or the other, I could see the Switch accommodating this for gamers with multiple play styles. And it would be customer's discretion if the game did not support the modes the gamer was most comfortable playing in.

That Yooka and Laylee platformer from the former Rare guys that got blown out on kickstarter comes this year to Switch as well as does some definitive version of Rayman Origins and yet another 3D Sonic title.

Yooka Laylee :lust: I backed the KS for this on Wii-U and immediately upgraded my pledge to Switch when given the opportunity. I'm so looking forward to this game as a kind of spiritual successor to Banjo and Kazooie.

I'll have a look at the Nintendo reveal later tonight as I'm off to do some mountain biking this afternoon.