IGNORED

Nintendo Switch

Punisher5.0

I'm questioning at this rate what Amazon is up to, still has not shipped my games out. Odds are the in state spots central or further east probably are sitting on them, but if they don't end up going out by end of shipping (5pm~) tomorrow I'm going to be annoyed. End up having a system with nothing to do but system updates and browse the eshop with and that would suck.

• Like 2

Sounds like the eShop is region free. Create an out of region accout and you'll be able to make purchases with no issues. Not even region checks for payments, so no more hassles like importing points cards. And the content you've purchased will be accessible with your main account.

So if Sega continues to keep M2 at work in porting arcade classics for an example, no more worries about localizations and other such nonsense.

I didn't pre-order the Wii U version of Zelda. I just hope that I can get my hands on a copy tomorrow, otherwise I may have to wait. I'm sure every game store will be a madhouse tomorrow with the Switch launch (although I don't know why since they're already sold out unless you pre-ordered)

Mine has shipped, and will arrive sometime tomorrow between 2 and 6pm Argh! I sure hope it's on the early side, I have some very rare time alone tomorrow and was hoping to do a lot of Zelda.

I see that there are Neo Geo games in the Euro e-shop, including my favorite, Waku Waku 7. I hope they come here.

Sounds like the eShop is region free. Create an out of region accout and you'll be able to make purchases with no issues. Not even region checks for payments, so no more hassles like importing points cards. And the content you've purchased will be accessible with your main account.

So if Sega continues to keep M2 at work in porting arcade classics for an example, no more worries about localizations and other such nonsense.

I am hesitant to get excited about that ... the PS3 store was similar and I got a bunch of HK, JPN, and EUR releases of digital downloads that we didn't get. Then they changed the way the system security worked so that it was a giant pain to get on with a secondary account. I'm going to stick to the USA eShop until I feel more confident in it.

Nice reviews.

https://www.reddit.com/r/Games/comments/5x2lph/the_legend_of_zelda_breath_of_the_wild_review/

This is my favorite quote, from TIME

It's like nothing else Nintendo has made, an experience so simultaneously prodigious and accomplished that it feels like a mind-blowing mic drop to the sort of "open world" games (Grand Theft Auto V, The Elder Scrolls: Skyrim, The Witcher 3) the industry seems bent on proliferating.

Without ruining things this really breaks down zelda, seems it's a game changer that rocks your world if you had expectations of what should be versus what it really is. Kind of gives a feeling why it's getting a 98/100 metacritic average score.

https://arstechnica.com/gaming/2017/03/refreshing-new-zelda-breath-of-the-wild-is-an-instant-classic/

Amazon mailed my Zelda+Bomberman games this morning at 6am from Lexington KY which is 45min east of here, so I'll have it whenever the USPS shows up tomorrow (anywhere usually around 11-1pm give or take.)

BestBuy texted me to come get my stuff on 3/3, but I went by there earlier today found they're re-opening at midnight so in a little under 2hours I'll have it in hand as I'd rather not cut work to grab it tomorrow.

My wife was out shopping and I asked her to run into Walmart to see if they had any Wii U stuff on clearance. On a whim she asked about the Switch. Long story short she got my name on the list (I was last!) and after 2 hours of standing in Walmart I just got home with a Switch, Zelda, and a Pro Controller. Too tired to do much with it tonight. I did peek inside and play with a controller though. Can't wait to play Zelda! They didn't have much for Wii U stuff. Just some Gamecube-style fighting pads.

• Like 3

Out of respect for the Wii U we are playing tonight for the last day of Nintendo's flagship console. Everything changes tomorrow.

It's funny, I've been playing pretty much nothing but Wii-U games over the last month or so (purely coincidence, these are games I had lined up in my queue) and I keep thinking "This system isn't bad, how could it fail so hard?". I look forward to picking up the rest of the Wii-U games I'm missing. I think the Wii-U is going to get a lot more love in the future once it becomes collectible. Even the GC is starting to get some love these days.

• Like 1

It's funny, I've been playing pretty much nothing but Wii-U games over the last month or so (purely coincidence, these are games I had lined up in my queue) and I keep thinking "This system isn't bad, how could it fail so hard?". I look forward to picking up the rest of the Wii-U games I'm missing. I think the Wii-U is going to get a lot more love in the future once it becomes collectible. Even the GC is starting to get some love these days.

While I think, as with any system, it will have its fans in the future, I'm not sure if the Wii U will receive quite the same love as the GameCube (and not just because the GameCube sold 9 million more units). The problem for the Wii U is that it had a relatively short life, few third party titles of note, and a successor system that basically perfects its core model and will quickly host "better" versions of many of its best games (and perhaps, eventually, just about all). Also, while the Wii didn't suffer from its technological deficiencies in comparison to the competition because it reached a non-gaming audience, the Wii U definitely did. That, paired with the other factors, including the aforementioned imperfect implementation of off-TV play with a relatively clunky and range-limited gamepad, didn't exactly distinguish the platform. So, yes, while again, I think it will clearly have its fans in the future, there are a lot of factors working against just how popular it may become, just like there were many factors working against it becoming popular during its commercial run.

Fortunately, for the Switch, even though it's clearly underpowered in comparison to even the old base models of the PS4 and Xbox One, it makes the necessary leaps over the Wii U, including a streamlined "gamepad" with unlimited range and a much higher quality screen that gives it a definitive competitive differentiation over just about anything else out there. I also think doing a clean break from the "shackles" of the Wii/Wii U branding are big pluses.

The Switch seems like it's off to a very promising start. It's just up to Nintendo now not to squander the momentum.

• Like 1