IGNORED

VAST Users Group Festwest 1992

sparkdrummer

Okay, So I have been laboring over scanning my collection of VAST's newsletters that I have. I am only missing a few and I go clear back to the very first issue.

Anyway, I've gotten to Volume 8 (1992) which contains newsletters about the Festwest we held here in Phoenix.

So I have uploaded the Feb and Mar issues of VAST News. I hope you get some enjoyment out of them.

Vast News 8 2.pdf

Vast News 8 3.pdf

As a side note, when I am done scanning all the issues I have, I would like them added to the WHT site for posterity so I will have to ask for someone here to do so for me probably.

Speaking of newsletters - the TI club newsletters were always a major source of enjoyment for me to read every month. I probably gleaned more information from them than any other TI source.

• Like 7

Extremely cool flashback Sparkdrummer! Hey, any chance the Computer & Electronics Swap Meet is still around in PHX? REF vol8/#3.

I know of the famous Dallas, TX "First Saturday" swap meet each month: http://sidewalksale.com/ Apparently goes back to the 1960s as a Ham Radio swap meet turned computer deal.

Any fellow AtariAgers have similar sales near their hometowns?

I remember Rich. It was good to have you there, as well as others. Were you part of the TI standards meeting that was held? I didn't attend, I was too damn tired from helping run the thing.

Yea but mostly it was about hardware and not much was changed. It was a pretty good attempt.