IGNORED

Complete list of Dos?

Bikerbob

Is there such a thing? or an attempt?

I have been going through all the disks in my purchases.

I have Found a DOS 3 - which does not seem to be compatible with ANYTHING else? is this an ATARI dos?

2.0 2.0s 2.0s(David Young modified)

SO as you can see.. lots out there.

James

Found this.. not tried to download any yet.. but excellent list of DOSes

http://ftp.pigwa.net/stuff/collections/holmes%20cd/Holmes%201/ATR%20Programs/Disk%20Operating%20Systems/index.html

and another here.

http://www.mixinc.net/atari/download_a8/dosdisk.htm

interesting I find that none of these have NEWDOS listed.. which I have on many disks.

James

Edited by Bikerbob

@Bikerbob-

What is NEWDOS? Do you have a link? Google produced nothing that looked reasonable, except that an Antic article listed Dos Mod (forerunner of Top-Dos) as a "New Dos."

Anyone-

How do you define a new dos? To me if someone hacks Dos 2.0 or 2.5, it is not really a different dos. It may be useful and have some nice features added, but it is still Dos 2.0 or 2.5. I would say that a dos has to be substantially different -- for instance MyDos works much like Dos 2.0, but it is a very different dos. I realize that leads to subjective "gray areas," but that is probably unavoidable.

-Larry

@Bikerbob-

What is NEWDOS? Do you have a link? Google produced nothing that looked reasonable, except that an Antic article listed Dos Mod (forerunner of Top-Dos) as a "New Dos."

Anyone-

How do you define a new dos? To me if someone hacks Dos 2.0 or 2.5, it is not really a different dos. It may be useful and have some nice features added, but it is still Dos 2.0 or 2.5. I would say that a dos has to be substantially different -- for instance MyDos works much like Dos 2.0, but it is a very different dos. I realize that leads to subjective "gray areas," but that is probably unavoidable.

-Larry

I can upload the ATR.. it is a DOS 2 like dos.. not sure what the real difference is.. it says NEWDOS @ the top of the menu

Never head of ScotchDOS

James

Edited by Bikerbob

Hi again, Friends!

ScotchDOS - is a project of Command Line based MyDOS's DUP.SYS.

I heared something about it in Google Groups.

Never seen thow.

RDEA6, I loved and used your collection from the beginning of time. Thank you very much!

I wonder how many are true DOS's and not just Diskey edits?

Talking of edits, when I say diskey edits I just mean name changes rather than edits to add features, I remember a million and one DOS's and Menu's back in the day.

Oh, did anyone ever use DOS 3.0 from Atari, I wasn't a fan, mind you I was a lazy menu type person, anything that did most of the work for you was good in my book :)

Edited by Mclaneinc
  • Like 1

So playing with all of these.. the one thing I still have not found... and I think this would be an amazing piece of software if anyone wants to try..

A DOS that reads all formats... I would assume with loaded in modules you could do this.

I have some disks formated in Sparta.. these are not readable by any other dos so far.. Mydos reads many.. but not Dos3 not dos4 ..

How about a big UTILITY DOS - that could read - dont have to write.. but be able to read.. OR even identify the format..

So many times it NAKs or unknown format.. or error 173 .. etc..etc..

James

I have some disks formated in Sparta.. these are not readable by any other dos so far.. Mydos reads many..

So many times it NAKs or unknown format.. or error 173 .. etc..etc..

James

T716.ZIP

This little program will read the SpartaDos directory from MyDos or any Dos 2.x version. The SpartaDos disk would be no more than 16mb and Disk based NOT SpartaDos ROM version.

BED7FFF.ATR

Attached also a test SpartaDos disk based Bed7fff.atr.

T716 program can be ran from any MyDos or Dos 2.x version and even from disk based SpartaDos .

attachicon.gifT716.ZIP

This little program will read the SpartaDos directory from MyDos or any Dos 2.x version. The SpartaDos disk would be no more than 16mb and Disk based NOT SpartaDos ROM version.

attachicon.gifBED7FFF.ATR

Attached also a test SpartaDos disk based Bed7fff.atr.

T716 program can be ran from any MyDos or Dos 2.x version and even from disk based SpartaDos .

Thanks rdea, I will give it a try, thats a start.. will t716 read all the densities if the drive can?? S/D/DD/ 40t, 80t??

James

Hi,

nice thread... I´m wondering, why I mostly never see the HCI-DOS in the DOS lots or files... is it "rare"? Or it´s hack? I got it with a Happy 1050 clone in 1986.

Anybody knows this DOS? And has a full version (I miss some tools for buffer and drive config for example)?

I mostly uses this for years without any problems...

BR Jurgen

HCIDOS.atr

• Like 1

Hi,

nice thread... I´m wondering, why I mostly never see the HCI-DOS in the DOS lots or files... is it "rare"? Or it´s hack? I got it with a Happy 1050 clone in 1986.

Anybody knows this DOS? And has a full version (I miss some tools for buffer and drive config for example)?

I mostly uses this for years without any problems...

BR Jurgen

I looks a lot like the one I down loaded from Pokeysoft web site..

http://pokeysoft.no/games/

http://pokeysoft.no/games/files/pokeysoft/Utility%20U130b.zip

And is also in the DOSFOLDER zip file I uploaded in a previous post.

Edited by rdea6
  • Like 1