IGNORED

Nothing special

emkay

2 hours ago, Stephen said:

I'd certainly have never known it was supposed to sound like this without the title.  Sounds like a low quality headphone playing an AM radio signal from 100 miles away while fingernails are being dragged down a chalkboard.  Guess I really am the deaf one.

can't tell if you're joking or not but it's not the right tune... it's that one:

9 hours ago, rensoup said:

Your 1st version was better in tune, this one seems slightly off, plus one of the instrument seems like a buzzing sound (it's really obvious at 1:03)

The MOD just uses a smaller frequency range. 

And here is something I posted on a pro Atari site as well. Meanwhile I get more and more asking myself what this is here...

As long as others do name calling, everything is fine. If I just defend myself... see the post above.

Here is one real problem while editing tunes with those sounds. 

While editing, the emulation start wobbling...

Here RMT from start...

And that's only one of those problems to finalize things and to do fine tuning.

18 hours ago, emkay said:

Hm... I'm  a little honored. 

XLent offered me the "real" notation of the SID version of Noisy Pillars. 

Nice! Did he reverse it with siddump or something else?

Feel free to listen to a 1st edit , using some instruments of the MOD conversion. 

Thanks XLent

I think it misses the "fatness" of the original, if you know what I mean. If I were you, I'd move to 15kHz for the bass and chords and a 1.79MHz lead.

Or you could post the .rmt and see what others can do with it :)

Edited by ivop

10 hours ago, emkay said:

As long as others do name calling, everything is fine. If I just defend myself... see the post above.

Hmm... nobody called you names, you did.

10 hours ago, emkay said:

Here is one real problem while editing tunes with those sounds. 

While editing, the emulation start wobbling...

well stop whining, keep hacking!

36 minutes ago, emkay said:

No 15kHz edit?

Not yet. I first wanted to get to know the song. Changed pattern 4-7 to a different instrument, according to the original sid.

And I used a couple of tricks in the instruments to try to mitigate being too much out of tune ;)

Edited by ivop

14 hours ago, emkay said:

XLent asked me for a double VBI speed edit. 

Certainly better! Not sounding off anymore but some instruments don't feel right...

Is it just the 100hz that make it sound better or you changed other things ?

Edited by rensoup

10 hours ago, rensoup said:

ouch, so squary ?

Actually sounding off the most time. But it sounds funny and doesn't hurt. Error compensation is great. Ending up like some chinese style. 

The "high" part. Not sure how ivop did it , but as the tune has 3 channels and pokey has 4 channels, there is the possibily of creating "resulting" sounds. for the main instrument. 8 Bit resolution is thankful, if you play the same note one octave lower. The slight difference in the pitch helps tuning things together.  

10 hours ago, rensoup said:

Certainly better! Not sounding off anymore but some instruments don't feel right...

Is it just the 100hz that make it sound better or you changed other things ?

The definition for sounding "off"  is still to explore ;)

The 100 Hz makes the time shorter to adjust the PWM setting. So there is less dirt. 

Could you imagine, this "talk" 15 years ago? 

On and on, I was explaining the problems. Even name calling toward me, only made me explaining things for more than 10 years.

But then always the same people appear, get personal and destroyed the flow of the thread. Making me looking bad, so no musician did take care. 

I was asking for a real SID notation, but no one offered one. So I did endless examples of what is possible, without name calling. 

Then I ask them to give solutions, and nothing happened. But always the same "pre-justice" was given by them.

And just for speculating about the sense of them, I asked a question containing a word that sounds like a name call, and soon you saw a chicken coop exploding. 

You know how a magnet works?

You can only pull magnetic stuff with it. If there is no pre load , you cannot use the magnet. 

Btw.

I've been name called the last weeks more than one time. No Moderator reacted. Also those "pre-justice" people read the thread...

It's actually similar to the cause that I have been banned from the PoP thread. 

Precious people died in that time, but always the same people are still judgemental. 

Back to the thread:

Particular for the correction, and to have it working in standard RMT, just a "Reset" command was needed, that changed the pitch for the dedicated time inside the VBI.  But now we have the end of 2020... The ideas were from 1986...

And, yes, due to the lower error producing in the Arpeggio, I could set parts of it directly a pitch lower.

I wrote to ivop above why I didn't use the arpeggio in the first Amiga MOD edit, because the time is too short.

Edited by emkay
  • Sad 1

6 hours ago, emkay said:

Actually sounding off the most time.

Yes, that's TRUE pokey style ;)

6 hours ago, emkay said:

But it sounds funny and doesn't hurt. Error compensation is great. Ending up like some chinese style. 

Thanks.

6 hours ago, emkay said:

The "high" part. Not sure how ivop did it , but as the tune has 3 channels and pokey has 4 channels, there is the possibily of creating "resulting" sounds. for the main instrument. 8 Bit resolution is thankful, if you play the same note one octave lower. The slight difference in the pitch helps tuning things together. 

I didn't even do that yet. It's just three 8-bit channels. Nothing fancy. I wanted a 16-bit bass, but (never used it before) it turns out to be a dist C bass :( Perhaps I'll try RMT patch6 for a fatter bass. Or create a bunch of instruments that do 16-bit $Ax bass. It's just two patterns IIRC.

1 hour ago, ivop said:

Yes, that's TRUE pokey style ;)

Thanks.

I didn't even do that yet. It's just three 8-bit channels. Nothing fancy. I wanted a 16-bit bass, but (never used it before) it turns out to be a dist C bass :( Perhaps I'll try RMT patch6 for a fatter bass. Or create a bunch of instruments that do 16-bit $Ax bass. It's just two patterns IIRC.

Btw. 

Getting a feeling for the tune. 

Here some "special" 15kHz version.