IGNORED

Nothing special

emkay

6 hours ago, ivop said:

Okay, it can't be done without patching the 16-bit note table a bit further. It only has bass sounds, so you can't do a lead with it. There are not enough octaves, too. We need a better tracker ;) LOL

OpenMPT might perhaps be a good starting point... too bad I only use C# these days ?

14 minutes ago, EnderDude said:

I've decided to make a cover of Stage 1 of Bionic Commando by Tim Follin using emkay's synth techniques. I think it turned out nicely:

90% great :)

There are some sounds in the main lead jumping out of the speakers  about 0:25 and 0:33 .

The String Orchestra from 0:19 to 0:23 is somewhat unexpected well sounding by the two pokeys.

Is it playing at double speed?

From 0:39 it gets unique. The modulation noise is well.

5 hours ago, zbyti said:

back in the day I started this game only for this music :D Your version is almost perfect only weird (to me) sounds at 0:23-0:38 spoil the party.

Is it the 1.79 Mhz instrument? Yeah, the tuning depends on which player you use it. It sounded more in-tune in rmt (with apokeysnd.dll) and Altirra.

Edited by EnderDude

16 hours ago, rensoup said:

OpenMPT might perhaps be a good starting point... too bad I only use C# these days ?

Actually, the main problem isn't the tracker per sé, but the RMT player. It can't to vibrato or arpeggio's in 16-bit. I can turn on the vibrato on a 16-bit instruments in the tracker, but it's not played. And using a different tracker won't magically transpose the 16-bit not table :)

32 minutes ago, EnderDude said:

Is it the 1.79 Mhz instrument? Yeah, the tuning depends on which player you use it. It sounded more in-tune in rmt (with apokeysnd.dll).

I think he means the snare drum sound. It's also what ruins it for me. The rest sounds great!

8 minutes ago, EnderDude said:

So I should ditch the filter and the arpeggio instrument, and use noise and square instruments? Okay, but before I do, I'll show you what I hear in Altirra and rmt: 

Nice video explanation. 

You know the 1st channel is always "modulo" to the 2nd channel. 

Possibly split it into several Instruments to get a a stable "burping" sound? 

Sometimes a "rolling" tone is resulting with no noisy overlay, if you understand. 

20 minutes ago, emkay said:

Nice video explanation. 

You know the 1st channel is always "modulo" to the 2nd channel. 

Possibly split it into several Instruments to get a a stable "burping" sound? 

Sometimes a "rolling" tone is resulting with no noisy overlay, if you understand. 

Hm. That sounds like a good idea. I'll try it out later. Thanks!

2 hours ago, emkay said:

I found something in the package zbyti posted. 

I did some rearrangement of the synth and some volume...

This tune is definitely doable in RMT as is. 

Woah... unbelievable sounds (50/60 hz right?) !

In tune too (to my non musician ears anyway)!

Out of control though (super heavy drums)...

8 hours ago, ivop said:

Actually, the main problem isn't the tracker per sé, but the RMT player. It can't to vibrato or arpeggio's in 16-bit. I can turn on the vibrato on a 16-bit instruments in the tracker, but it's not played. And using a different tracker won't magically transpose the 16-bit not table :)

HackFix player!

But instrument editing aside, would a tracker like OpenMPT support all the features for pattern editing that RMT has ?

5 hours ago, emkay said:

I found something in the package zbyti posted. 

I did some rearrangement of the synth and some volume...

This tune is definitely doable in RMT as is. 

Sadly, only a short loop ...

Niiice!
I saw it in the package too, however it was not finished, so that's why it's incomplete.
I have been doing it from scratch, since it was made in AHX originally.

I had also pretty much figured out the absolute PWM manipulation after that version I think, so that's not exactly how it was supposed to be (for now).
And I also actually have figured out even more sounds some time later, so there's that :P

I'll finish that cover someday for sure :D 

3 hours ago, rensoup said:

Woah... unbelievable sounds (50/60 hz right?) !

In tune too (to my non musician ears anyway)!

Out of control though (super heavy drums)...

60hz, yep. It can be a lot better once I stop being so lazy and then start more projects before finishing the other ones
And it's also in tune because I was the person who transcribed this one so far (no offence intended emkay!)
Big drums, of course! That is what I like :D 

Still no new patterns, but I actually have cleaned it up now, so it should no longer be a mess to look at.
So unless someone beats me to the punch and added more patterns, this is where this one will progress ;) 

Electric City V26.rmt

• Like 3

1 hour ago, VinsCool said:

Niiice!
I saw it in the package too, however it was not finished, so that's why it's incomplete.
I have been doing it from scratch, since it was made in AHX originally.

I had also pretty much figured out the absolute PWM manipulation after that version I think, so that's not exactly how it was supposed to be (for now).
And I also actually have figured out even more sounds some time later, so there's that :P

I'll finish that cover someday for sure :D 

60hz, yep. It can be a lot better once I stop being so lazy and then start more projects before finishing the other ones
And it's also in tune because I was the person who transcribed this one so far (no offence intended emkay!)
Big drums, of course! That is what I like :D 

It's 50Hz. And the video shows the AAuthor. ;)

Also, your tune sounds "in tune", but the point((floating of the tune... whatever)) of the original is missing. 

• Like 1