IGNORED

Nothing special

emkay

18 hours ago, EnderDude said:

In addition, I can't seem to find any option in the command line to select which subsong to dump in siddump.

Ah, there is an option. I must be becoming blind or something :)

-a<value> Accumulator value on init (subtune number) default = 0

Edited by ivop
  • Like 1

12 hours ago, emkay said:

Eliminator is almost the same as Freeze (technically and in musical style).

Should be possible ;)

Yeah, I noticed the similarities, too :)  Not sure if I'll transcribe it just yet. Perhaps wait a bit for other suggestions, until next week.

5 hours ago, emkay said:

OK. 

So if anyone is doing such a subtune conversion from "Edge of Discrace".

For me it would be sufficient to have the pattern with blank notes. No instruments needed ;) 

OK, I'll strip em off. Instruments, even basic panflutes, are very helpful during transcription.

So, start with the intro subtune? Less than one minute. Or do you prefer another subtune? In the end, if we have collected all the subtunes, we can make one big LZSS track ;)

Edited by ivop

1 hour ago, ivop said:

OK, I'll strip em off. Instruments, even basic panflutes, are very helpful during transcription.

So, start with the intro subtune? Less than one minute. Or do you prefer another subtune? In the end, if we have collected all the subtunes, we can make one big LZSS track ;)

Why not. 

22 minutes ago, emkay said:

I still see the challenge to use all POKEY features, to keep the tune correct at any setting. 

So at the end it sounds like one tune. 

Yes, that'll be a challenge. Let's do it one subtune at a time. It could take a while to transcribe 14+ minutes. So, baby steps, like Oprah would say ;)

7 minutes ago, rensoup said:

Nice! Let's bring those classic C64 tunes to the A8! (I'm sure Monty's been done before but new versions are always welcome)

( If I could nitpick; the sound between 0:16 -> 0:40 is a little weird... )

Yeah. Maybe I should make a version which doesn't use the filter
No biggie! :P

5 minutes ago, emkay said:

Still a bit strange. 

To be honest, it's nitpicking on a high level.

Yeah, I think it's because the original has both channels phasing, but I can only have one change its phase at a given time.

5 minutes ago, emkay said:

The tune is so familiar to me. Is it taken from the Amiga Mod?

Nah. I used sid2midiw to convert the original .sid to a midi, and then looked at the notes to make the cover. I didn't use an Amiga mod.

Edited by EnderDude
  • Like 1

6 minutes ago, EnderDude said:

Yeah, I think it's because the original has both phasing, but I can only have one phase at a given time.

So you have to use pokey hardware phasing then ;)

6 minutes ago, EnderDude said:

Nah. I used sid2midiw to convert the original .sid to a midi, and then looked at the notes to make the cover. I didn't use an Amiga mod.

OK. Seems, it's just caused by playing on the same chip :)

Just for a comparision.

My 2009 edit of that tune. 

Nifty me ;) , using gen 2 for some pitch enhancement and 16 bit drums. 

It's stunning what can be reached today.

If you now could manage to have the "release" of the synth instruments a little "higher" ... things could get crazy good :)

• Confused 1

3 hours ago, rensoup said:

very nice ? 

Are you switching TT on and off ?

Yes, but now the only instances of that happening off the top of my head are the intro, and somewhere around the middle of the song when a similar sweeping instrument is used.

Maybe if I make it all 2t, then we'll see how it sounds with lzss compression ;)

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, EnderDude said:

Yes, but now the only instances of that happening off the top of my head are the intro, and somewhere around the middle of the song when a similar sweeping instrument is used.

Maybe if I make it all 2t, then we'll see how it sounds with lzss compression ;)

Would be worth checking how 2T and 16-Bit behave together too.

I actually have no idea if they conflict or if 16-bit will still work fine in Channel 2 while 2T mode is enabled in Channel 1 (muted).

More power if there is no conflict, even more power if cool effects are also happening!

• Like 1

8 hours ago, emkay said:

So you have to use pokey hardware phasing then ;)

OK. Seems, it's just caused by playing on the same chip :)

Just for a comparision.

My 2009 edit of that tune. 

Nifty me ;) , using gen 2 for some pitch enhancement and 16 bit drums. 

It's stunning what can be reached today.

If you now could manage to have the "release" of the synth instruments a little "higher" ... things could get crazy good :)

Dear god, I've spent days and days tuning the chip and I can tell you this is really out of tune there, this 16-bit right there is precisely why I wanted to make my patch, there was so many holes in what could be done and what is actually taken into account, lol

The other one was 15khz for the exact same reason, and 1.79mhz from the same logic too.

Basically everything now that I think about it lol

• Like 5

2 hours ago, EnderDude said:

I can now say that I have a version which keeps TT on at all times :)

Besides, this solution is much cleaner with the fast arpeggios. You don't want them being potentially cancelled out when using the filter! :P

monty-on-the-run.rmt 9.68 kB · 0 downloads

I wasn't asking for such a change but cool!  I was curious if you found it useful to switch it on/off during replay ?

Any chance of getting a xex ? ?