IGNORED

The Official JR PAC MAN thread - IntellivisionRevolution

Rev

• 1 month later...

I was under the impression that the Rom would be made available once the physical copies sold out. I was hoping to add this to my Ultimate Flashback, seeing as I sold my actual Intellivision.

Ouch! You sold your Intellivision?

That made me sad inside.

• Like 1

Ouch! You sold your Intellivision?

That made me sad inside.

Whatever you choose to do with the game is your call to make, but it's kind of silly to only allow the game to be enjoyed by those who bought the cart. I would be willing to buy the Rom. For a labor of love like this, why exclude anyone who doesn't have their intellivision anymore or just wants to experience it?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-J727AZ using Tapatalk

Whatever you choose to do with the game is your call to make, but it's kind of silly to only allow the game to be enjoyed by those who bought the cart. I would be willing to buy the Rom. For a labor of love like this, why exclude anyone who doesn't have their intellivision anymore or just wants to experience it?

Part of the reason the rom hasn't been released is because several bugs appeared on the released carts that weren't caught in testing. We now know why they weren't caught and to summarize, it is because there is a difference in testing between physical carts vs emulation and flash carts...

So perhaps once the rom is fully bug free, then another physical release is likely and perhaps the rom sometime after that would be my guess.

• Like 1

Part of the reason the rom hasn't been released is because several bugs appeared on the released carts that weren't caught in testing. We now know why they weren't caught and to summarize, it is because there is a difference in testing between physical carts vs emulation and flash carts...

So perhaps once the rom is fully bug free, then another physical release is likely and perhaps the rom sometime after that would be my guess.

I didn't mean to sound petulant. Sorry if I did. I just could have sworn I read on the official website that the Rom would follow the cart. Rev's post surprised me.

I didn't mean to sound petulant. Sorry if I did. I just could have sworn I read on the official website that the Rom would follow the cart. Rev's post surprised me.

And again, sales on Jr. Pac were suspended once the new bugs surfaced.

To hopefully clear up a few things, here's the status of Jr. Pac Man as I see it (I could be wrong in some of these, but I think I got most of it correct):

1. Issue with RAM initialization - potential difference between emulation and hardware

2. Software bug for dot counter - could move up level too early, or never

3. Configuration/PCB timing issue - potential garbage on screen such as pink rectangles (worse for Model 2 than for Model 1) - PCB used was a new version to handle future EEPROM, but latching speed of some address lines was messed up

All 3 of these have been addressed, and hopefully fixed. A couple of newly programmed boards are en route to Rev for testing.

• Like 8

To hopefully clear up a few things, here's the status of Jr. Pac Man as I see it (I could be wrong in some of these, but I think I got most of it correct):

1. Issue with RAM initialization - potential difference between emulation and hardware

2. Software bug for dot counter - could move up level too early, or never

3. Configuration/PCB timing issue - potential garbage on screen such as pink rectangles (worse for Model 2 than for Model 1) - PCB used was a new version to handle future EEPROM, but latching speed of some address lines was messed up

All 3 of these have been addressed, and hopefully fixed. A couple of newly programmed boards are en route to Rev for testing.

I hope I don't get flamed for posting this ,(I think it may be important in helping to solve some of the issues occuring in Jr. Pac Man),(Back Story-lol) but today in the HSC I decided to change it up once again on which inty console to use while playing TT. To let you know I went from The Intellivision II, to Super Pro System , to Tandyvision one, and Intv System III. In that order.

What I noticed was that there seemed to be slight handling,scrolling and control differences playing Tropical Trouble between each console. Which the Intv System III was by far the best playing this game. So I thought let me try Jr. Pac Man with this system instead of the others I tried playing the game with. Guess what I played the whole game with not one above issues showing up. (oh I just went through 2 ghost's the whole game) I hope this give's you some more insight in fixing the above issues...

BTW

The only option I changed was I added the fast mode..

I will post a couple of pictures

Cheers

Played one more game with same options and results no issues but going through a couple of ghost..

FYI, going through ghosts is part of the game. Although the frequency of the occurance may not be what some are used to compared to other versions of Jr Pac Man. Thanks for the info.

• 5 months later...

It's July 1st 2018 and no ROMs available for download.

The ROM sale page is now open. But, Im not adding Jr. Pac-Man just yet.

The reason being is Im not making that game available until im 100% certain there will be no issues. Thanks for the patiance.

• Like 4

The reason being is Im not making that game available until im 100% certain there will be no issues. Thanks for the patiance.

I somehow missed the news that this game had issues but I appreciate your commitment to producing quality vs. rushing a game to make a quick buck. Looking forward to buying this one once you have it ready. The gameplay and cut screens look amazing!

Yes. Getting a few physical test boards for final testing. Then if it playbtests fine Ill probably see if anyone still wants a copy.

I definitely want a copy. I have never owned an Intellivision before, but this is the game that has made me want to buy & own the console.

Yes, definitely take all the time you need to get things perfect. Better to wait longer than have bugs pop up. No complaints will be heard from me about taking the time to get things right.

Can you please give me the URL to the ROM sale page that you mentioned in your post I quoted? I know the game is not up for sale yet, but I just want to have the URL, so that I can keep checking back. Thanks!

• Like 3

I definitely want a copy. I have never owned an Intellivision before, but this is the game that has made me want to buy & own the console. Yes, definitely take all the time you need to get things perfect. Better to wait longer than have bugs pop up. No complaints will be heard from me about taking the time to get things right.Can you please give me the URL to the ROM sale page that you mentioned in your post I quoted? I know the game is not up for sale yet, but I just want to have the URL, so that I can keep checking back. Thanks!

Thanks!

Roms here:

http://intellivisionrevolution.com/roms

Newsletter here:

http://intellivisionrevolution.com/newsletter

• Like 1