IGNORED

The Official JR PAC MAN thread - IntellivisionRevolution

Rev

Rev, thanks for the reply. I will definitely keep a lookout for the ROM. Are we going to get another physical release once the bug fixes are confirmed, or is the game only going to get another physical release if there is enough demand? If the game is not getting another general release on cartridge I would be interested in a custom order/special order in cartridge form if that is an option.

• 1 month later...

The ROM sale page is now open. But, Im not adding Jr. Pac-Man just yet.

The reason being is Im not making that game available until im 100% certain there will be no issues. Thanks for the patiance.

Rev, thanks for the reply. I will definitely keep a lookout for the ROM. Are we going to get another physical release once the bug fixes are confirmed, or is the game only going to get another physical release if there is enough demand? If the game is not getting another general release on cartridge I would be interested in a custom order/special order in cartridge form if that is an option.

Yes, physical sales will continue.

Any update on progress in determining if the bugs have been ironed out? No rush or anything, but is there an ETA on when the game might be back for sale in the IntellivisionRevolution Store?

• 2 months later...

Does the re-release have some sort of indicator that it's the fixed version? For that matter, I'm not up on what the bugs were. What had to be fixed?

Will there be a rom sale?

What about those of us with the big in the cart? Is there a fix?

According to the IntellivisionRevolution newsletter "Anyone that experienced any issues will be notified in the next newsletter on procedures for an exchange".

Hello,

I recently started playing my Intellivision copy of Pac Man Jr. an noticed a strange icon show in the maze. Is this a bug?

attachicon.gif IMG_4507.JPG

Did you buy it when it was first offered for sale?

Just to be clear, vazquezrick, the game was released several months ago and it was discovered that it had some bugs. Manufacturing and distribution stopped until the issues were corrected, and a recall was planned for that.

Now, a new version with fixes for the bugs has been released very recently and everybody who purchased the original will be offered a replacement (at least as far as I know, but I am not affiliated with the publisher). If you bought your game prior to PRGE, which is when the new version was released, then you have the old bug. You should contact Rev from Intellivision Revolution for details on getting a replacement.

If you bought it recently and it is the new version, then ... Houston, we've had a problem. :o

Either way, I suggest you contact Rev for assistance.

-dZ.

Edited by DZ-Jay
  • Like 2

If I recall, sales stopped almost a year ago? Since then, I only sold 5 copies total at PRGE.

Unless you were there, the copy you have is from original batch.

What level/settings were you playing.

Thanks

Edited by Rev

If I recall, sales stopped almost a year ago? Since then, I only sold 5 copies total at PRGE.

Unless you were there, the copy you have is from original batch.

What level/settings were you playing.

Thanks

Hi Rev,

My cart is from the original batch. It’s been on my self for a while.

How do I get the cart fixed?

Thank you

• 4 weeks later...

Just a FYI that the game is back for sale on the IntellivisionRevolution Store website for anyone looking for the game in cartridge form.

I ordered the game 4 weeks ago, but haven't received the game yet or anything other than the PayPal email confirming my payment. Do orders from the Intellivision Revolution store have an separate confirmation email, or is there a way to track my order, and do tracking numbers get emailed once an order ships? Has anyone else received their copy yet of Jr Pac-Man from the re-release of the game. I am sure that I was one of the early orders as I promptly placed my order right after receiving the Intellivision Revolution newsletter on the day that it was emailed out.

My understanding is that Rev has a very large backlog of games to ship after coming back from PRGE and he's still catching up.

I'm not trying to rush Rev or sound like I am impatient, and I completely understand and accept that these things can take time, and that Rev probably has a day job as well as real life obligations that all come first before anything else including filling these orders. I have never ordered from Intellivision Revolution before so I didn't know what to expect, so I just thought I would ask a few questions here in the forums to understand the ordering process as opposed to bugging Rev with PM's, or emails that he already has more than enough of for the orders. I just excited that I will be able to get a copy of the game and, I'm content to wait for everything with the orders to get caught up. I appreciate all that Rev is doing as well as other homebrewer's who are keeping these old video game systems alive with the new titles, and other related products that continue to produce out of their passion for those old systems.

I'm not trying to rush Rev or sound like I am impatient, and I completely understand and accept that these things can take time, and that Rev probably has a day job as well as real life obligations that all come first before anything else including filling these orders. I have never ordered from Intellivision Revolution before so I didn't know what to expect, so I just thought I would ask a few questions here in the forums to understand the ordering process as opposed to bugging Rev with PM's, or emails that he already has more than enough of for the orders. I just excited that I will be able to get a copy of the game and, I'm content to wait for everything with the orders to get caught up. I appreciate all that Rev is doing as well as other homebrewer's who are keeping these old video game systems alive with the new titles, and other related products that continue to produce out of their passion for those old systems.

No worries at all, I just thought I might provide an update.

• 1 year later...
  • 2 weeks later...
4 hours ago, SiLic0ne t0aD said:

A digital version would be sweet! I still have the old buggy version that first shipped out, so rom would be fine with me at this point. ;)

I thought that they sent out replacement carts to anyone who had a received a cart from the original run that had the bug.  I got mine on the production run that was done with the corrected code.

• Like 1