IGNORED

The Official JR PAC MAN thread - IntellivisionRevolution

Rev

Why does it have the Atari Logo and say Copyright Atari 1984? Did Atari plan to release it on the Intellivision but never got a chance to finish it because the Video Game Industry Crashed?

Rev has this fetish of "authenticity" to make the games look like they were made back in the day. Notice that his other games attribute copyright to Mattel on the box as well.

I don't really think that's necessary, nor a good idea, but it's his game. Let Atari go after him if they want.

-dZ.

If someone is working on this, please include a turbo mode.

The best way to implement this would be to have it available as an option in a game mode selection dialog or as a toggle button on the keypad. Additionally one should have the option of going turbo by holding down one for the buttons (as one has to do with Super Pac).

I've seen the turbo mode implemented in both fashions (always turbo or turbo with button) in the arcade. I suppose I'm a bit spoiled as the 7800 homebrew has turbo mode available and because I live within 2 miles of the Underground Retrocade in Dundee, IL, where they have an always-on turbo Jr. Pac.

I can no longer play the game any other way. :)

Thanks!

Edited by bikeguychicago

Awesome, man. I'm in for the ROM release!

Still willing to advertise on the ol' radio station. you can appeal to literally DOZENS of listeners worldwide, including a Russian prison! I'm not kidding about that. a Russian prison plays TPR 8 hours a day.

Do Russian prisoners have any interest in driving a bus for 8 hours? :D

• Like 1

Rev has this fetish of "authenticity" to make the games look like they were made back in the day. Notice that his other games attribute copyright to Mattel on the box as well.

I don't really think that's necessary, nor a good idea, but it's his game. Let Atari go after him if they want.

-dZ.

Then to be consistent, shouldn't it have an Atarisoft box or an INTV titlescreen?

Edit: I think some of those games dzjay is thinkingbof were programmed at Mattel Eldctronics.

Edited by mr_me
  • Like 1

Someone needs to put the ROM on the internet for download so LTO Flash and Cuttle Cart 3 Owners can play it on their Intellivisions and people can play on Emulators.

Since it's only a Demo and not complete and probably buggy it should not effect sales of the official cartridge release when and if it ever comes out. Also if they do release it and after they make a profit and recover the production costs of the cartridges they should sell it in ROM format.

Edited by daldude

Someone needs to put the ROM on the internet for download so LTO Flash and Cuttle Cart 3 Owners can play it on their Intellivisions and people can play on Emulators.

Since it's only a Demo and not complete and probably buggy it should not effect sales of the official cartridge release when and if it ever comes out. Also if they do release it and after they make a profit and recover the production costs of the cartridges they should sell it in ROM format.

The "demo" is a complete game (without intermissions) and contains all 7 arcade mazes. There really aren't any bugs and other than some tuning of jr's speed the game might have even passed quality control and been released as it is back in the day. For many people that would be good enough and therefore would affect sales.
  • Like 1

Think I'll be sitting this one out. Not a huge fan of the Jr. game I'm afraid. All these clones and ports being done all the time when we have several other ways of playing them, but guess the "evolution" of such a game is natural considering the Ms. Pac effort. Still, I wish for more original or proprietary games for the system. Baby Pac-Man would be awesome... mix of Pinball with Baby Pac mazes! Seems like it should be doable today... such a fancy big memory bank-switched hybrid game on the Intellivision I mean. Especially considering the stubby/wide layout of the playfield, just seems a natural fit. :)

What's next? Professor Pac-Man or Pac-Land? :lol:

• Like 1

This will be the first and last pac game involved with.

But certainly not the last port/clone of a game.

And I fully know and understand that these are available on multiple systems and as free roms out there.

Some actual original should make it out sooner or later. Dont give up just yet.

• Like 2