IGNORED

Is it worth a trade-in for an Xbox One S?

S1500

So I have owned an Xbox one for a year now. Got the Fallout bundle with it. 1 gig drive. Works just great.

Should I bother jumping through the hoops to do a trade-in for an Xbox One S? I like the fact there's no power brick, and a bluetooth controller.

I don't have a 4K TV, and don't know when I'll be upgrading to one.

Is it worth the hassle with Gamestop to do a trade-in with them?

So I have owned an Xbox one for a year now. Got the Fallout bundle with it. 1 gig drive. Works just great.

Should I bother jumping through the hoops to do a trade-in for an Xbox One S? I like the fact there's no power brick, and a bluetooth controller.

I don't have a 4K TV, and don't know when I'll be upgrading to one.

Is it worth the hassle with Gamestop to do a trade-in with them?

I would consider such a thing myself, but the hoops I'd have to go through to make the Kinect work with the S are not worth it for me at the moment. I presently have two Xbox Ones. I think at this point I'll just wait for Scorpio to do any replacements unless they make the Kinect thing easier.

I would consider such a thing myself, but the hoops I'd have to go through to make the Kinect work with the S are not worth it for me at the moment. I presently have two Xbox Ones. I think at this point I'll just wait for Scorpio to do any replacements unless they make the Kinect thing easier.

I don't have a Kinect, and noticed they dropped the Kinect port, so no effect on me.

With scorpio, the PS4 Pro, and the Nintendo Switch, this is going to be a short console generation.

I don't have a Kinect, and noticed they dropped the Kinect port, so no effect on me.

With scorpio, the PS4 Pro, and the Nintendo Switch, this is going to be a short console generation.

Which is why I don't understand why either Microsoft or Sony didn't think of making their consoles upgradeable.

This is not a short console cycle because it's not ending, and frankly, upgradeable consoles would be silly. It's cheap enough to buy the new versions, and buying the new versions are optional anyway. This is merely the PC and smartphone/tablet model applied to consoles, and I for one welcome it.

• Like 1

Yes, unexpected appliance breakdowns and more bills and taxes always puts a damper on spending, but at least you found out about those expenses before upgrading the console.

This is true. Ironically, the cost for the repair was $241.

Even more ironcially, due to CO levels, the furnace has been "condemned". He shut it down, but it would take me 2 seconds to turn it back on. Good to see the procedure as he shut it down.

So now I just got something repaired I'm not supposed to use. Off to buy some CO2 detectors.

I asked at GameStop what my final cost was: $281 for a Battlefield 1 bundle.

Twas a good thing I passed since my furnace conked out and another unexpected bill from the city government.

Doesn't seem like they're giving you much of a deal on the trade-in of your old system. Definitely not worth it.

Even more ironcially, due to CO levels, the furnace has been "condemned". He shut it down, but it would take me 2 seconds to turn it back on. Good to see the procedure as he shut it down.

So now I just got something repaired I'm not supposed to use. Off to buy some CO2 detectors.

I am sure that is a typo (you meant CO detectors).

Good to have those, but time to replace the furnace if you need to. That is not something to mess around with as CO in the house is never a good thing, even at very low levels.

• 4 weeks later...

I am sure that is a typo (you meant CO detectors).

Good to have those, but time to replace the furnace if you need to. That is not something to mess around with as CO in the house is never a good thing, even at very low levels.

Do not use your furnace if leaking CO. It can easily kill you in your sleep.

Buy a new heat exchanger or whatever it needs or replace. If you run it to save money you can forget about Christmas cause you may not live that long.

Trust me my 70 year old dad has installed furnaces for over 50 years.

How dangerous it is depends on how tight your house is like how much air the doors and windows leak and how bad the CO leak is. But if it failed the air test(leak down test of the heat exchanger) then it is deemed bad enough to be potentially letal. Do you want to risk your family's lives?

Stupid people will buy tvs and game stuff and drive with no brakes and whatnot and skimp on the essentials. Don't be stupid.

I am only telling you this cause I am afraid for you as google CO deaths in homes and see how it works. You dont smell it or anything. It is sleepytime and death.

• Like 1

Co2 detectors are not always a 100% guarantee they work. You know the furance is hooped spend your money on a new one and co2 detectors.

So if your house was on fire you would live in it anyway as long as you had a smoke detector?

Do not use your furnace if leaking CO. It can easily kill you in your sleep.

Buy a new heat exchanger or whatever it needs or replace. If you run it to save money you can forget about Christmas cause you may not live that long.

Trust me my 70 year old dad has installed furnaces for over 50 years.

How dangerous it is depends on how tight your house is like how much air the doors and windows leak and how bad the CO leak is. But if it failed the air test(leak down test of the heat exchanger) then it is deemed bad enough to be potentially letal. Do you want to risk your family's lives?

Stupid people will buy tvs and game stuff and drive with no brakes and whatnot and skimp on the essentials. Don't be stupid.

I am only telling you this cause I am afraid for you as google CO deaths in homes and see how it works. You dont smell it or anything. It is sleepytime and death.

QFT. You can live without an Xbox. Hell you could live without heat in a pinch if you bundled up enough (well down south where I live it's still highs in the 60s/70s...). I would take the advice of your repairman and do not use the furnace until you get it replaced. Use an electric space heater in one small room to stay warm if you have to.

CO is a respiratory depessant and will rapidly deplete your blood O2 levels. Basically it is a reduction agent that will immediately bind to hemoglobin and displace whatever O2 remains in your blood. You may feel dizzy, weak or nauseous right before you pass out. If you start to feel symptoms, get outside immediately, do not reenter the building, and call 911 from a cellphone. If you are asleep when the leak happens, you will simply stop breathing and never wake up. It's called the "silent killer" for a reason. :skull:

Follow-up:

I took out a loan & got a new, high eff furnace installed. 23 year old furnace is out.

One thing I noticed: There was a black Friday ad for a 1TB Xbox One S + Game(BF 1) for the exact same price GameStop was offering me, but if I gave them my controller. Funny.