Inferno

Wiz Warz

Tylz

Screw Loose

Xain'd Sleena/Solar Warrior

Baraduke/Alien Sector

Libble Rabble

Rolling Thunder

Thunder Force (as in Technosoft, but that's an obscure Sharp X1 game.)

Phozon

Raimais

Exsizus

The Ninja Warriors

Darius

Chiller

Future Spy (Xevious clone done with the Zaxxon hardware)

Dragon Buster

Pac-Land

Top Secret

Bionic Commando

Strider

Athena and Psycho Soldier

Major Havoc

Peter Pepper's Ice Cream Factory

Captain Silver

Ninja Gaiden

Zwackery

Mystic Marathon

Toy Pop

Ninja Princess

Metro Cross

Rainbow Islands

Chase HQ

Operation Wolf (Though I heard the 7800's Light Gun has questionable accuracy.)

Nova 2001

Bad Dudes

Ninja Spirit

Horizon

Cadash

Marvel Land (Namco)

Turbo (Sega)

Star Force

Space Firebird/Space Demon

King & Balloon

Flash Gal

Chack 'n Pop

Congo Bongo

Dig Dug II

Ghouls 'n Ghosts

Gladiator/Ougon no Shiro (Golden Castle)

Guzzler

Kiki Kaikai

Nemo

The New Zealand Story

Pirate Ship Higemaru

Q*Bert's Qubes

Shao-Lin's Road

The Tower of Druaga (Could use a few level and gameplay tweaks) and The Return of Ishtar

Legend of Valkyrie

Cloud Master

The Legend of Kage

Megablast (Could use a few level and gameplay tweaks)

Kabuki Z (Could use a few level and gameplay tweaks)

Tecmo Knight

Genpei Toumaden (The Genji and Heike Clans' Demon Conflict story)

That's a lot of game suggestions, but I went with the most obscure ones I could find.

• Like 3

How many people want to see an updated asteroids game? I made a clone similar to "Blasteroids" for the 8-bit called "Megaoids". Could not do the rotating asteroids on the 8-bit, but you have shields, and energy. If I am going to do this for the 7800, I can probably do the rotating asteroids and may require at least a 48K EPROM image. I have the ship rotation + sprites already worked out for Delta Space Arena that I can just copy over into this game. I put this game on the back burner because it is something that probably will be competing with hundreds of other asteroids games out there. Not expecting it to sell too well.

• Like 2

How many people want to see an updated asteroids game? I made a clone similar to "Blasteroids" for the 8-bit called "Megaoids". Could not do the rotating asteroids on the 8-bit, but you have shields, and energy. If I am going to do this for the 7800, I can probably do the rotating asteroids and may require at least a 48K EPROM image. I have the ship rotation + sprites already worked out for Delta Space Arena that I can just copy over into this game. I put this game on the back burner because it is something that probably will be competing with hundreds of other asteroids games out there. Not expecting it to sell too well.

Personally I've always liked Asteroids type games...I don't know if I'm in the market for one, but I definitely like to play them :)

Edited by GoldLeader

Or if you prefer, a version with a 4-color logo and the original background art. :) I'm not really clear on how the 4-bit, 12-color palette usage works with the 25 color global maximum, but I'm pretty sure this one is doable. The Konami logo and Atari logo could use the same 12-color sprite palette. the Castlevania logo and bg image would use the same 12-color bg palette.

At any rate, yea, Haunted Castle or any iteration of Castlevania would rock on the 7800, i think. ;)

wFo21sr.png

• Like 1

Paperboy, Roadblasters & Pacmania...just like I wished they would when I was a kid & was introduced to them all at Showbiz pizza..I even wrote Atari a letter about them, typed on a typewriter hahaha

&what a tease it was when they announced the discovery that Paperboy was actually being worked on after all this time..only for nothing to come about with it (AFAIK)

Edited by Stevaside
  • Like 1

When I got rid of my Atari 5200, I thought there wasn't enough on the system to justify keeping it. So I'd like to see some of the really good games that were on the 5200 ported to 7800, so I won't be missing anything by just having a 7800 for 2600/7800 games.

For me this means:

Frogger II - the 5200 version of this looks the best, but it would need better control.

Tempest - I understand there is a chance that an updated version of this might be ported to 7800. Will be looking forward to that.

I intend to sell my Colecovision soon, so seeing some of the Coleco ports that only appeared on that system to 7800 would also be awesome -

Mr Do

Ladybug

Also, I see from earlier posts in this thread -

Haunted Castle - I would LOVE to own a port of this game. I am a Castlevania fanatic and it is a crying shame this never had a port to the Genesis, SNES, or some other system.

I'd love to see "Maelstrom".

• Maelstrom is to Asteroids, what Araknoid is to Breakout. Maelstrom has good and bad Powerups like air brakes, triple shot, burst shot, maximum shields, clover for luck (may keep your power after losing a life, may not).
  • Apart from the rocks that break and break a 3rd time, there are metal spheres that ping when hit and take a lot of hits to destroy. Shooting them might turn them mad causing them spring red spikes and chase you.
  • There are comets that add bonus multipliers, super nova that burst causing everything to halt and shake as if in an earthquake, astronauts to rescue for +1 life, care packages for said Powerups, of course large and tiny saucers.
  • Every new thing is announced with either a sound clip, or a sound effect, or both.
  • I substituted a lot of Led Zeppelin words from their songs that announced or described what was happening. Like when the bonus multiplier gives you bonus over 10,000 points, it sings, "Oh, you've got so much, so much, so much", and when the comet appears, "I come from the land of the ice and snow...", missing the astronaut extra life brings up, "You let me down, you let me down..."

Atari evolved Asteroids into color Space Duel, which is a fantastic game, but just imagine it going in an Araknoid direction.

Araknoid is still Breakout, but with more to do and things to look for that give you a larger advantage.

Same with Maelstrom!

• Like 2

Atari evolved Asteroids into color Space Duel...

Ultimately, Atari evolved the above into "Blasteroids" which, like Maelstrom, took the Asteroids/Space Duel concepts and transformed the game quite significantly.

Asteroids now come in not just different sizes but different types:

-Egg Asteroids = Contain destructible energy leeches that go after a player's ship and drain its energy.

-Normal Asteroids = Behave the same as in original Asteroids (Deluxe).

-Popcorn Asteroids = Indestructible and increase in size when shot, but must be stopped from spinning by shooting them.

-Red Asteroids = When destroyed completely may contain Power Crystals providing power-ups; however, the Crystals decay over time.

-Seeker Asteroids = Zero-in on a player's ship after being shot.

Besides the above different asteroids, there are a variety of enemy ships trying to shoot the player, which may leave equipment power-ups behind when destroyed.

Regarding weapons and equipment:

-Blasters = Provides ship with double shots.

-Booster = Increases player ship's speed.

-Cloak = Turns player's ship invisible making it undetected by the enemies.

-Crystal Magnet - Draws Power Crystals to the player's ship.

-Extra Fuel Capacity = Increases fuel capacity until reserves depleted to critical levels.

-Extra Shot Power = Shots penetrate everything.

-Ripstar = When utilized, player's ship spins extremely fast while firing in all directions.

-Shields = Protection for a limited amount of time.

Last, but not least, there is the tentacle boss "Mukor" encounter when all sectors are clear of asteroids. He will try ramming the player's ship and dispatches miniature enemy ships to aid him.

All tentacles require multiple hits to be destroyed. After his defeat, equipment/power-ups are left behind preparing the player for the next galaxy. Each time Mukor is encountered as each galaxy is rid of asteroids, the number of his tentacles increase, which in turn, increases the difficulty challenge of the boss.

Sadly, one of many Atari (Arcade) Games that saw ports to other system (I.E. Via Tengen on the NES), but not on the 7800.

• Like 1

How about a graphic adventure game for the 7800?

Something along the lines of Leisure Suit Larry or King's Quest? Of course, the trick is though whether to get it to work with a text parser or have an option menu (look, talk, get, etc).

I'd like it, though it would help if the keyboard unit came out. The input on the SMS one was bloody annoying, IMO

Ultimately, Atari evolved the above into "Blasteroids" which, like Maelstrom, took the Asteroids/Space Duel concepts and transformed the game quite significantly.

Asteroids now come in not just different sizes but different types:

-Egg Asteroids = Contain destructible energy leeches that go after a player's ship and drain its energy.

-Normal Asteroids = Behave the same as in original Asteroids (Deluxe).

-Popcorn Asteroids = Indestructible and increase in size when shot, but must be stopped from spinning by shooting them.

-Red Asteroids = When destroyed completely may contain Power Crystals providing power-ups; however, the Crystals decay over time.

-Seeker Asteroids = Zero-in on a player's ship after being shot.

Besides the above different asteroids, there are a variety of enemy ships trying to shoot the player, which may leave equipment power-ups behind when destroyed.

Regarding weapons and equipment:

-Blasters = Provides ship with double shots.

-Booster = Increases player ship's speed.

-Cloak = Turns player's ship invisible making it undetected by the enemies.

-Crystal Magnet - Draws Power Crystals to the player's ship.

-Extra Fuel Capacity = Increases fuel capacity until reserves depleted to critical levels.

-Extra Shot Power = Shots penetrate everything.

-Ripstar = When utilized, player's ship spins extremely fast while firing in all directions.

-Shields = Protection for a limited amount of time.

Last, but not least, there is the tentacle boss "Mukor" encounter when all sectors are clear of asteroids. He will try ramming the player's ship and dispatches miniature enemy ships to aid him.

All tentacles require multiple hits to be destroyed. After his defeat, equipment/power-ups are left behind preparing the player for the next galaxy. Each time Mukor is encountered as each galaxy is rid of asteroids, the number of his tentacles increase, which in turn, increases the difficulty challenge of the boss.

Sadly, one of many Atari (Arcade) Games that saw ports to other system (I.E. Via Tengen on the NES), but not on the 7800.

Just a friendly reminder to the denizens of this forum that Mukor still

RULES ALL GALAXIES

db0f82aec19ba66c6f31acce75a39e88.jpg

Edited by Fragmare

Just thought of this one: Baby Pac Man

This could go one of two ways.

1. Just hack the Baby Pac Man mazes into an existing Pac Man game and forego the pinball aspect.

2. Or get ambitious and make a video pinball screen to take the place of the arcade cabinet's physical pinball table.

• Like 3