IGNORED

Arcade Games You'd Like To See Ported To The Atari 7800

Skippy B. Coyote

Just thought of this one: Baby Pac Man

This could go one of two ways.

1. Just hack the Baby Pac Man mazes into an existing Pac Man game and forego the pinball aspect.

2. Or get ambitious and make a video pinball screen to take the place of the arcade cabinet's physical pinball table.

This would be a great game to have. I'd agree that creating two screens, one of the maze and one with pinball table, would be great.

• Like 3

Here's one that might be a challenge - Congo Bongo, Sega, 1983

1181242070184.png

Pretty much every port of this game to both consoles and computers stinks worse than my dirty socks. Since the 7800 could handle a 3/4 isometric perspective (Desert Falcon), why not try a port of this title?

• Like 3

1181242070184.png

Pretty much every port of this game to both consoles and computers stinks worse than my dirty socks. Since the 7800 could handle a 3/4 isometric perspective (Desert Falcon), why not try a port of this title?

It would definitely be interesting to see how a 7800 version would play/look of Congo Bongo.

• Like 2

Not much to add at this point,...but like I say ANY PINBALL game...

If you were to convert a pinball game, Almost ANY will do, to Raster graphics ...I'm not sure if what I'm suggesting is perfectly on topic or not,...But what I do know is that if you did, Everybody will love you! And you will become a New Hero to the 7800 Crowd and Also I will buy you a beer!

So...you know,....Get to it!!! :)

• Like 2

It would definitely be interesting to see how a 7800 version would play/look of Congo Bongo.

I love Congo Bongo, so here is my mockup :) :

post-29074-0-79014600-1517180120_thumb.png

• Like 6

• 3 weeks later...

I'd love to see the remaining 'classic' Pac-Man games get a 7800 port if for no other reason than to make it the definitive Pac-Man home console. :)

The Pac-Man Collection, Jr Pac_man and Super Pac-Man are all very classy. It would be lovely to have Pac and Pal, Pac-Land and Pac Mania with the same level of care.

There's also a video of a supposed NES port of Pac-Man CE on Youtube. Something like that would be super cool.

Oh, and a nice version of Lady Bug wouldn't go amiss either! :P

• Like 1

Since we're dreaming... Baby Pac with a video pinball screen FTW! :love:

And the NES had a decent version of Pinbot, so should the 7800. :grin:

NES Pinbot is *awesome*. I loved how they handled the scrolling by keeping the bottom, flipper part of the table on screen at all times. One of my very favorite video pinball games, although I sold my NES collection a year or two ago so I haven't played it in a while.

• Like 1

My god why not a game that no one had posted yet TRIPLE PUNCH!

post-5587-0-80979200-1518795916_thumb.jp

Is it just me or do 2 of the characters in the poster above look disturbingly like Jumpman/Mario (with a red boxing glove instead of a hat) and Donkey Kong (holding Jumpman's hammer)! And judging by the attached gameplay video, it appears there are fireballs/foxes that chase the Jumpman-like character also!