IGNORED

which harmony cart to buy

kane459

ok so im looking to buy a harmony cart but not sure if i should buy the cheaper regular harmony or the delux the only benefit i see to the delux is that ti plays newer 512k homebrews but im not sure which i should buy also what size sd card should i buy for the harmony cart? so far the only homebrew id wanna play is halo for the 2600 not sure what other home brews id play if any

For Halo you can buy the cheapest Harmony and the cheapest (smallest) SD card you can find. This works with >99% of all existing originals and homebrews

You may look for Encore if you are interested into more, coming homebrews which may utilize the extra capabilities of Encore.

For Halo you can buy the cheapest Harmony and the cheapest (smallest) SD card you can find. This works with >99% of all existing originals and homebrews

You may look for Encore if you are interested into more, coming homebrews which may utilize the extra capabilities of Encore.

so is there a way to tell which homebrews will and will not work with the regular harmony cart

• 2 weeks later...

As far as size, anything over 32K can't be played from the regular Harmony cart. At the moment however, there's only one game that I'm aware that's more than 32k (it's 64k). It's called MegaBoy by Dynacom. It's an educational game, and not in English (I think it's Portuguese...?).

As for any other way to tell if a homebrew won't work on the regular Harmony cart, I'm not aware of it (doesn't mean there isn't though...)

• 4 weeks later...