IGNORED

score corruption (playerscores minikernel)

Karl G

EDIT: I intended to post this to the Batari BASIC forum. Sorry!

Oh great and wise Atari developers, I humbly seek your help with a strange mystery I am seeing with a game I am creating. This is my first project, and it is only partially done, and some of the code needs to be reworked. Right now, I just need help with a strange issue where part of the score gets corrupted when I am in my SubServeBall subroutine, and only after the first point is scored. When this sub is called before the main loop for the first time, it works fine. Further, after the ball has been served (exiting the SubServeBall sub), the score is back to normal. I am only using two levels of nested gosubs, so I don't think it's related to stack corruption for that reason at least.

I don't suppose anyone has any thoughts or advice? The game is a paddle air hockey game, and two-player only for now (although the second paddle isn't needed to see the problem occur - just one point needs to be scored by either player).

I am attaching my code plus the playerscores.asm mini kernel that I am using.

Thanks in advance for any advice!

airhockey.bas

playerscores.asm

Edited by kdgarris