Oh, I see, that would mean special Philsan version :)

Ok, that means the new format would have to be more flexible. For example, if you set 51 pixels for height, then data will be saved for 51-pixel height frames or any number you set. Apl format already includes a flag to determine frame height, naturally this flag will be supported in new format.

Atari Player Editor files will be used as usual, but for you this means you will have to save in new format and then renaming resulting apm file to apl file.

Is it ok?

• Thanks 1

I have some .apl files.

Every file has various frames with two overlapping players (therefore there is a third ORed color).

Some files are 48 pixels high, others are 51 pixel high.

At the moment I would need to import the .apl files in Mad Studio, modify them and save them in any format.

I will send you two files so you con test them.

• 2 months later...

I experimented with this for a while today and it looks like a really nice way to make software development of the A8 much easier. However, just one issue I received a whole range of "infected" software alerts on Bitdefender. They appeared in relation to several files in Madstudio, also to the recent download of the Windows cross compiler for Fastbasic.

Has anyone else had similar problems?

I had downloaded the binary files for Mad today from Github. 

"Feature:
Antivirus
Bitdefender moved a threat to quarantine. File name: C:\Users\xyz\Documents\ataridevtools\madstudio\bin\mp\mads.exe. It is recommended that you run a System Scan to make sure your system is clean."

These tools are definitely 100% free of virus infections. Such problems usually appear for such binaries, assembled from scratch in development tools, such as Free Pascal, Visual Studio, Lazarus, etc. I suppose Anti-virus software file checkers do not include automatic ignore-list for such circumstances. I have the same problem with Avast software, which checks new compiled binaries every time. Also, it sometimes conclude that Mads and Free Pascal are suspicious. The information is sent to their servers and after some time (2 hours or 2 days) they conclude the files are ok. Thank you for that.

Really annoying stuff, they make development harder.

44 minutes ago, Gury said:

These tools are definitely 100% free of virus infections. Such problems usually appear for such binaries, assembled from scratch in development tools, such as Free Pascal, Visual Studio, Lazarus, etc. I suppose Anti-virus software file checkers do not include automatic ignore-list for such circumstances. I have the same problem with Avast software, which checks new compiled binaries every time. Also, it sometimes conclude that Mads and Free Pascal are suspicious. The information is sent to their servers and after some time (2 hours or 2 days) they conclude the files are ok. Thank you for that.

Really annoying stuff, they make development harder.

Thanks for your reply. Even more weird, I installed it on two machines. THe problem only arose on one machine. Both have the same anti-virus set-ups.

Ok, works,     dziękuję (thanks) dajesz świetne narzędzie (you are giving a great tool)

but   ctrl+C   as  clear player,    seriously ?

What is this: View / Multi-Player editor values?

Can GTIA priority be added?

gtictl  (gtiactl)  =   $D01B   
Altirra Hardware Reference Manual 2018.08.12.pdf:    Playfield/object priority The GTIA uses a priority scheme to determine which objects to display when multiple objects overlap. Bits 0-3 of PRIOR control the relative priority between player/missiles and the playfields. PRIOR[3:0] 1000 0100 0010 0001 and 0000

Greetings

That's why it's good to have you and others to give me suggestions and ideas for improvements. I can change this and other shortcut key combinations, just make a list which should be changed and we will make a decision together for more logical combinations.

Multi-color player editor values option was left off by some previous release, which showed byte values for each line of the players in dec and hex notation. As editor grew, less space was available for immediate value information, so I removed this feature and obviously forgot about menu option. Maybe I will add this feature as modal info window.

GTIA priority can be manipulated in source code generator, but this features will be expanded with more listing examples.

• Like 2

• 3 weeks later...
47 minutes ago, Gury said:

Hi,

I decided to abandon Atari version of Mad Studio, because all of my interest is now focused to ZX Spectrum. Mad Studio will be developed with this computer and its features in mind.

Bad news indeed, hope you have fun on the Spectrum and don't fall victim to any color clash induced eye disease. Let's hope the first thing for you to do in April is to make the existing code available to someone who might carry on with development.

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, slx said:

Bad news indeed, hope you have fun on the Spectrum and don't fall victim to any color clash induced eye disease. Let's hope the first thing for you to do in April is to make the existing code available to someone who might carry on with development.

@slxLook what date we have ;)

@Gurynice, made me smile a bit?... 

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Gury said:

Sorry, slx, for upseting you and for a bad joke ?

No worries, I did look at the date but didn‘t want to call it outright to let others enjoy it. So I just wrote ‚the first thing ... in April‘ as a hint.

Thanks for Mad Studio and looking forward to more Atari goodness from you. 

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...

Cool idea to add a tile editor :) Would have made it a lot easier for games as my 'go lucky' (or the upcoming 'run fast' I coded for @Sikor for 16k machines).

Recently I used your tool for creating some multicolor pm for a small intro. Worked fine for me ?

Edited by pps
typos typos typos ;(

5 hours ago, rra said:

My brother and I have been using Mad Studio for Antic modes 4-5 characters and writing out .byte data from imported character sets for our upcoming Anschuetz/Weisgerber/Anschuetz assembly games.

?
I am excited to see your games published.

• Like 1