IGNORED

Neon Centipedez WIP

From a concept sketch drawing to a 3D model. This will be the model shown in the manual, on the label and box art! My 3D artist Chris Shlosser has done a pretty good job representing a neon centipede. I knew he would come through in the end. He also helped me make a Squawks model for my 3D DKC game last year. He is a great guy and one hell of an artist!

post-45896-0-89891800-1481429249_thumb.png

post-45896-0-05472600-1481429268_thumb.png

• Like 2

and have you written any code for this as yet? looks like its all graphics at the moment. you need to make something to you can get to grips with the character width limitations etc.

and you will probably need to master multiple object lists to get this thing running due to the hi colour gfx you are doing

• 2 years later...
1 hour ago, RetrousJag64 said:

Out of interest, is this project dead or still WIP given the focus on Saucers recently and Shark Byte? It certainly looked like it had potential!

I actually hadn't thought much about it over the last couple of years. Perhaps it's something I can return to after Shark Byte

• 2 weeks later...
4 hours ago, Gemintronic said:

Besides CyranoJs suggestion I wonder if splitting the limbs into separate sprites would help optimize things.  Have a main body sprite that the legs move with to simulate frames of animation.

Pretty sure this game will never see the light of day...

• Like 1

On 9/26/2019 at 6:03 PM, Clint Thompson said:

Pretty sure this game will never see the light of day...

Maybe not.  Some homebrew developers get hot or cold about projects Katy Perry style.  At least speaking for myself.   

He did "heart" my post so maybe we'll see the technique I proposed used somewhere.

Just now, ggn said:

While we're all here.... what are the chances of seeing a @Gemintronic game on the Jaguar? :)

Y'all have given me way more time and advice than I deserve.  So, I've been quietly installing rB+ and visual IDEs.  Poking at the tutorials.  Hopefully I'll obtain that new flash cart since I've just got the JagCD for now.

My plan is to have multiple titles for multiple systems next PRGE.  Give WAVE 1 GAMES some friendly competition :)  Well, not really.  My games are either weird or simple as heck!

• Like 3