IGNORED

Are we going to have a TI Christmas?

Omega-TI

You could plug one almost directly into the UberGROM. Wire the buttons to short ground to the GPIO pins (gives you all 4 buttons), and wire the analog joystick pins up to the ADC pins (gives you all four axes). Basically the exact circuit shown on that page. On the software side, configure the GPIO to enable the pull-ups, and map the GPIO and all four ADCs to separate slots in GROMCFG. Then just read the GPIO and ADC ports at will.

Downside, of course, only works with software designed that way, but if you wanted to drop a PC game port on your cartridge, all the parts are there. ;)

You lost me at UberGROM. LOL :)

Also, speaking of TI Christmas. I had a link to a place to purchase the TI USB keyboard adaptor for around $40 and now I can't find it. Does anyone have a source?

USB [prefered but PS2 is also acceptable.

Contact JediMatt42 here, he designed the USB Keys.. His USB Keyboard upgrade works great!

Message Thread HERE

Matt's site HERE

• Like 5

Contact JediMatt42 here, he designed the USB Keys.. His USB Keyboard upgrade works great!

Message Thread HERE

Matt's site HERE

This is a great mod the only tricky part is soldering the ribbon cable to the keyboard.. The entire project is open source so you can make pcbs or order them from osh. I just built another this weekend for my Geneve.

Greg

Sent from my LG-H830 using Tapatalk

• Like 1

I tried to complete an easy project today that I thought would be quick, but it's taking longer than expected, because with the lower temperatures, the paint is taking much too long to dry properly, so my color coordinated case for the "Plug-N-Play 32K" might not be dry enough to apply clear coat until tomorrow. :_(

I will tell you this though... A CASSETTE CASE WORKS QUITE WELL FOR MATT'S LITTLE DEVICE.

Pictures will follow when completed.

• Like 3

This is a great mod the only tricky part is soldering the ribbon cable to the keyboard.. The entire project is open source so you can make pcbs or order them from osh. I just built another this weekend for my Geneve.

Greg

Sent from my LG-H830 using Tapatalk

I feel way outside of my comfort zone doing that project myself.