IGNORED

new products at arcadeshopper.com

arcadeshopper

Has anybody had any luck with the Floppy to USB emulator? Is there any work required or do you just plug it in, and then can start reading/writing to "disk" as if you still had a floppy drive? My floppy in my PEB just died, and I'm weighing options... I like having the PEB around it reminds me of being 12 in 1982 with my original TI... I also like the idea of something like the CF7... Unfortunately I am not good with soldering, etc.... :( I just want a drive damn it! :)

Has anybody had any luck with the Floppy to USB emulator? Is there any work required or do you just plug it in, and then can start reading/writing to "disk" as if you still had a floppy drive? My floppy in my PEB just died, and I'm weighing options... I like having the PEB around it reminds me of being 12 in 1982 with my original TI... I also like the idea of something like the CF7... Unfortunately I am not good with soldering, etc.... :( I just want a drive damn it! :)

If I recall correctly the ones that ArcadeShopper are selling are already pre-configured and you just need to hook them up and make the appropriate drive selection. The GoTek's are limited to one drive per device.

The Lotharek Floppy emulator utilizes a standard SD card and can emulate up to 2 disk drives at the same time. Of course the Lotharek is about double the cost, but of course it emulates 2 disk drives at once.

Just really depends on what you want and how much you want to spend. Both the GoTek and the Lothareks are good units.

Edited by Shift838

It's pretty straight forward. Set the jumper on the GoTek to device 0 or 1 (DSK1 or 2). USB stick formatted for fat32 or fat I think - I forget but I have one. Your disk files are hfe format which is easy to create, use, format, add/remove files on PC using either TIDir or TIMT TI Image Tool). DSSD format. I'm unsure of how they are sold via arcadeshopper but you may want to mod it as well (add an LCD screen and additional button). Plenty of resources abound and the mod is well known.

• Like 1

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

It's pretty straight forward. Set the jumper on the GoTek to device 0 or 1 (DSK1 or 2). USB stick formatted for fat32 or fat I think - I forget but I have one. Your disk files are hfe format which is easy to create, use, format, add/remove files on PC using either TIDir or TIMT TI Image Tool). DSSD format. I'm unsure of how they are sold via arcadeshopper but you may want to mod it as well (add an LCD screen and additional button). Plenty of resources abound and the mod is well known.

they are sold flashed and firmware installed with a test disk image and a usb drive.. if you want the lcd addon that's a do-it-yourself until i come up with a elegant way to mount it.. mine look like dogfood :)

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

i thought it was cool how it looks like they're flush against the console. :)

It is not quite flush against the side and it does wiggle a little. I recommend plugging in the Atari joysticks before plugging it into the TI. One could use some double-sided mounting tape to attach it to the TI, as well.

• 3 weeks later...

Hi, what 80 track controller TI or Myarc ?

Ti I'm currently out of stock of cards though. It's a rom swap for adding 80tracks to the dssd controller. I sell the roms and sockets for do it yourself mod of your ti controller as well.

Greg

Sent from my LG-H830 using Tapatalk

• 1 month later...